HEC

10 minutes ago, esaj said:

Without leaving the camera screen... we'll be watching you ;)  But seriously, if people really want to do dangerous tricks, I'd rather them wear appropriate safety gear. It's not like jumping through burning hoops is the requirement though, even jumping through "normal" hoops would be impressive in my books

No problem...then wear helmet with face guard if you want, then do the trick, then ioen faceguard without leaving the screen :)

9 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Dammit Cloud you are not helping.  You're making it too difficult to cheat.  Um, who helped you with your avatar?  Remember?  You owe me. <_<  <said in the Godfather voice> "Someday - and that day may never come - I'll call upon you to do a service for me."  I know who you'll be voting for, right?  Step One: subtlely coerce and bribe the voters

Your are preaching to the wrong choire . Moderators are not allowed to vote. Lol 

12 minutes ago, HEC said:

See my earlier reply on this in the thread:

We will have them announce their name real loud every 3 minutes. Lol

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually , i think @esaj is right. Maybe its not a suoer big deal if some uses an older video. The video cannot be too old anyway as eucs didnt exist then! Lets have them be able to splice the first few seconds showing their forum name and date. And then uninterrupted video showing tricks. I think we are getting into too many rules and conditions. The date of the video could be based on the honor system.

Omg.. I take a short afternoon nap and wake up to find a United Nations EUC Summit going on? So funny! 

1)Ok, from what I am reading, please correct me if I'm wrong, a sheet of paper with the contestant's username and current date held up by the contestant in front of the camera before his or her's performance. That sounds good. 

2) The contestant is required to remain in clear view of the video shoot throughout his or her's entire performance.

3) Contestants are allowed to submit up to 3 separate video performances during the course of the contest. Each submitted video performance shall include the same identical requirements spelled out in paragraphs #1 and 2 above.

Sound about right? This one finger typing sucks! ?

@esaj could have typed this in 2 seconds

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Omg.. I take a short afternoon nap and wake up to find a United Nations EUC Summit going on? So funny! 

1)Ok, from what I am reading, please correct me if I'm wrong, a sheet of paper with the contestant's username and current date held up by the contestant in front of the camera before his or her's performance. That sounds good. 

2) The contestant is required to remain in clear view of the video shoot throughout his or her's entire performance.

3) Contestants are allowed to submit up to 3 separate video performances during the course of the contest. Each submitted video performance shall include the same identical requirements spelled out in paragraphs #1 and 2 above.

Sound about right? This one finger typing sucks! ?

@esaj could have typed this in 2 seconds

Lol. Not bad for a cursory review of the summit's notes after a nap. However you failed to observe the fact that our opinions changed like 15 times during discussion lol.  There is a valid concern from @HEC that a contestant may want to cut the best 3 minute piece out of a long practice to oresent and there is nothing wrong with that. Now, they dont know when they are performing which 3 minutes its going to be so they dont know when the 3 minutes will start and hence dont k ow when to display the paper. Perhaps we can have the condition of a new video to be based on the honor system, thus also relieving the already increasingly complicated rules?

regarding being always inside the shot, doesnt have to be the contestant- any live moving object/ person can be

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

regarding being always inside the shot, doesnt have to be the contestant- any live moving object/ person can be

That makes sense, anything that can prove that it's one continuois shot. The paragraph above that just went through my eyes and out througth my ears... maybe one beer too many? ;)

8 minutes ago, esaj said:

That makes sense, anything that can prove that it's one continuois shot. The paragraph above that just went through my eyes and out througth my ears... maybe one beer too many? ;)

One will try ti record his best routine for , say, 20 minutes. Then he will come home and pick the best 3 minutes of his performance to upload. So at the time of riding the euc, hiw does he know which 3 minutes he will later pick? He does know then, when to display the piece of paper with his name fir an uniterrupted video.

Or..one displays his name and records 3 minutes of video, hiwever in the first 15 seconds he screws up and falls. He should have the right to cut out the first 15 seconds and submit 2 min 45 seconds video instead. However the part where he shows the piece of paper in the beginning will then be lost

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

*Goes to grab neighbour's cat / dog / goat, stick and a long leash ...*

12 minutes ago, Cloud said:
5 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Or..one displays his name and records 3 minutes of video, hiwever in the first 15 seconds he screws up and falls. He should have the right to cut out the first 15 seconds and submit 2 min 45 seconds video instead. However the part where he shows the piece of paper in the beginning will then be lost

OR, when failing within the 15 first seconds, just show the paper again to mark that this is the start of a new (up to) 3 minute part..?

1 minute ago, esaj said:

OR, when failing within the 15r first seconds, just show the paper again to mark that this is the start of a new (up to) 3 minute part..?

Yeah, but then he has to keep showing the paper , just in case he later chooses to cut the previous footage. Alternatively they can wear the piece of paper with their name on them at all times...

5 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Yeah, but then he has to keep showing the paper , just in case he later chooses to cut the previous footage. Alternatively they can wear the piece of paper with their name on them at all times...

Sheesh... :P we have people who do handstands on their wheels, why are we assuming that people try to cheat. Sure, someone might try, but when it comes to the more "unknown" contestants, voters will (at least likely) take a close eye on their videos if it seems suspicious. My guess is that we will see just awesome videos from the contestants without a single try to cheat... but still not saying that it wouldn't be good to have clear rules ;) 

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I think we're running in cirlcles here :D Now we're slowly getting back to "suicidal" bibs LOL

Thats what i am saying.  Lets just allow them to splice that first 2 seconds of the video where they show the piece of paper. Let it be based on the honor system that the vudeo is new. Its too many rules by now

21 minutes ago, Cloud said:

What i meant was that if the requirement is to show the paper at beginning, then after the cut beginning he will be forced to show the paper again....not that its a requirement to keep showing it all the time....so lets just do away with this requirement of showing paper at beginning...ir allow them to splice that furst second to the rest if the video

Oh boy... This is getting complicated. I believe we need to have more faith in our Forum brothers and sisters. 

I guess my thoughts circle back to a continuous , non edited performance similar  to events like a skating or gymnastic trial and finals. If a skater or gymnast falls they shake it off, jump back up and continue their routine.

If the contestant is not happy with their video performance there is nothing stopping them from doing in over until they get it right without mistakes. They can practice the same routine for 2 months, record each one and then select the best performance to submit to the contest. 

Also, If someone wants to use protective gear to perform a stunt during the video taping, that is fine. Just stay in the shot. 

I still like the idea of a piece of paper, say 8x11" (good old USA metric system)with the time, date and contestant's username. Sorry if I missed anything. I can't keep up?

As I doubt that my riding skills would improve so dramatically in following two months to score any serious points in the competition unless I'd ride the wheel juggling three cats while each of cat would juggle 3 mice I'm not really bothered either way and any eventual submissions from my side would be more for laughs and the "I was there" feel than anything else ;) 

55 minutes ago, esaj said:

Sheesh... :P we have people who do handstands on their wheels, why are we assuming that people try to cheat.

I agree - Some of the talent out there would beat most of what could be made with CGI anyway, unless it is obviously impossible (like a somersault, landing back on the EUC).

16 hours ago, HEC said:

any eventual submissions from my side would be more for laughs and the "I was there" feel than anything else ;) 

That is the better point! Maybe i'm more advance than you in freestyle but i share this feeling. Go wheelers, leave your Pokémon in peace and let's do some tricky videos!!!

@Rehab1 Hello, i have just read that:

"In order to conduct a fair and unbiased contest  EUC Forum members who wish to cast votes for their favorite contestant's video must have been a member of the EUC Forum for at least 1 month prior to the start of the contest and must also have at least 5 positive reputations. "

As i am membre for only few days, i can't vote? I can't receive vote? I don't understand...

That's maybe a shame because i am trying to motivate french wheelers to post videos, but If they can't vote... Maybe you should add that wheelers who post a video have the right to vote even if he is a new forumer...

1 minute ago, Hirsute said:

"In order to conduct a fair and unbiased contest  EUC Forum members who wish to cast votes for their favorite contestant's video must have been a member of the EUC Forum for at least 1 month prior to the start of the contest and must also have at least 5 positive reputations. "

As i am membre for only few days, i can't vote? I can't receive vote? I don't understand...

As far as I've understood, you can still participate as a contestant. The idea that new members cannot vote is to prevent anyone from creating a bunch of new fake-accounts to vote for their own entry ;)

@esaj yes that is a good thing.

But maybe you could do something only for people who post videos. If it's not possible that's not a big deal, but it won't be kind to train, record and share, if we can't participe to the vote...

19 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

That's maybe a shame because i am trying to motivate french wheelers to post videos, but If they can't vote... Maybe you should add that wheelers who post a video have the right to vote even if he is a new forumer...

Like @esajmsaid, there was no rule against new members being a contestant. There may, however, be a problem with the rule that a new member who is a contestant being able to vote. First of all, if someone is a contestant why would he vote for someone else, thus increasing someone else's chances of winning.  Also, could new member contestant can be someone's friemd and can create an account and post a video just for the purpose of placing a vote for a friend. For that reason i dont think new member contestant should be allowed to vote. They can compete though...this is just my personal opinion, and @Rehab1 or other moderators can overrule me.

Archived