HEC

On August 12, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Cloud said:

@Damp Rabbit i dont understand you. You didnt like that the contest had too many restrictions. You didnt like that the videos cannot be spliced.

We tried to appease you and allow more people like you to participate by removing the restriction you didnt like. And you are not happy about that?  @Rehab1 is trying as hard  as he can to attract more people and to please everyone. But its impossible to please everybody. 

I was talking about having to re read the rules over and over to find out what has been changed. I was not discussing what rules were changed but pointing out they are changing and I have no idea what they will be next week. Please don't take this personally, I am hoping to make the project more successful and have spent time working on possible videos. There is now 6 weeks left and the rules are quite different than when the contest started.

I don't think I ever got an answer to my question if the contest is limited to individuals. Do the new rules allow more artsy videos with many people?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On August 12, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Cloud said:

This is not a video skills contest, its an euc riding contest. If someone creates a great video it helps make it attractive but the people are supposed to vote for the best euc rider, not for the most entertaining video.

Has the judging criteria been posted or even decided? If they are specifically not supposed to vote for the most entertaining video and only judge EUC skill I can't see the point in trying to make an entertaining video. I know you have asked for positive feedback but if I'm going to put a couple full days or more of work into this I'd like to know what I'm getting into.

On August 12, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Hirsute said:

Shame...

if you could erase also the rule about the date of recording i would submit this one: 

Submit it any way. I'll vote for it :)

On August 12, 2016 at 8:01 PM, Cloud said:

He's spent a lot of time trying to start up this contest and i think  we should support him by giving a lot of positive feedback. When one sees so much negativity, its easy to get discouraged.

There is no need to take this discussion as negative or personal. I see the the criticism as enthusiasm and it's coming with reasons and solutions. The criticism of the comp is coming from people who want to submit videos if they can.

3 hours ago, Damp Rabbit said:

I was talking about having to re read the rules over and over to find out what has been changed. I was not discussing what rules were changed but pointing out they are changing and I have no idea what they will be next week. Please don't take this personally, I am hoping to make the project more successful and have spent time working on possible videos. There is now 6 weeks left and the rules are quite different than when the contest started.

I don't think I ever got an answer to my question if the contest is limited to individuals. Do the new rules allow more artsy videos with many people?

We didnt discuss this with rehab or other moderators but it appears that the rules dont forbid videos with multipke people and certainly dont forbid videos that are artsy. However, i understand that only one person will be the contestant even if he has 10 people riding the euc and ither are just assisting him. So one contestant should be judged and receive the prize shoukd he win. ( the contestant should be identifiable, people shoukd know who they are voting for among several people in the video)

2 hours ago, Damp Rabbit said:

Has the judging criteria been posted or even decided? If they are specifically not supposed to vote for the most entertaining video and only judge EUC skill I can't see the point in trying to make an entertaining video. I know you have asked for positive feedback but if I'm going to put a couple full days or more of work into this I'd like to know what I'm getting into.

Submit it any way. I'll vote for it :)

This is why its good to reread the rules, it has some info about what is being judged, but there is not a very specific criteria. It is for euc riding skills etc though. There isnt a rule that people are not suposed to vote for entertaining videos. If you are the most skillful rider and can demonstrate it in an entertaining video then more power to you. Entertaining videos can make your oerformance more attractive, however, this is not a video contest, its a euc riding contest and thats what should be judged. Id rather spend the effort on perfecting the riding technique than on the video editing skills.

this is what the rules say about the contest: The contest is designed to allow international EUC riders a chance to demonstrate their unique riding skills involving elements such as: Unique Style, Difficulty, Number of Tricks, Consistency, Creativity or any other skills that translate into pure fun Entertainment! 

Yes, the rules have been tweaked a lot. Most of that has been done due to feedback by potential entrants though, so is it a bad thing?

How about this, if you have an idea for doing something and don't know if it fits the rules or not, just ask here. To me there is a lot of what sounds like complaining rather than asking. I suppose we could have basically no rules and then say "the decisions of the judges is final" but then people would complain we disqualified videos because for example it appeared they used some special effect rather than riding skill. At that point there's no opportunity to submit a new video and you've lost. So the rules are created to make sure your video won't be rejected.

If none of you want to enter, just say so now so I can quit as a moderator and get an awesome EUC by submitting some lame video that wins by default! :D

@Cloud @dmethvin@Shoe73 Many thanks for your all of your kind support! It means a great deal. God I was angry!

You would think that a contest with no entry fee offering $1500 in prizes, designed to promote the EUC Forum and it's members while providing a some fun along the way would have been welcomed  with open arms! There was a similar circumstance that happen to me years ago as I was trying to create something positive for  our community.

In 1999 I founded The Toledo Children's Memorial http://www.toledochildrensmemorial.com/ (if you wish to read about it)

The Toledo, Ohio mayor and the entire community were in favor of my plans. The community did not have to pay a thing for the project as I covered all of the expenses. Unfortunately within days after the announcement of the memorial construction it  turned into political nightmare after one  family drove a wedge between the community and the project. 

After the mayor and his administration helped me with obtaining infrastructure improvements at the memorial site the conflict became so bad that the mayor pulled his support once he realized Al Sharpton https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton and his entourage were coming to town. Sharpton protested on the steps of the Toledo Municipal Courthouse. Yes, my plans of creating a beautiful children's memorial had turned into a racial issue! (I will not go into the hurtful details)

The memorial was finally completed and to this day, 17 years later, children that tragically die in accidents are continually remembered at the site.

So the moral of my long story is that the contest will go on, as I have faced far greater obstacles in my life! For those of you who do not like the current rules, even after numerous concessions, you can simply refrain from entering! No one is twisting your arm! If no one enters the contest and we end up still having the unicycle ...that will be fine with me. I am sure @Jason McNeilcan easily sell the unicycle and I will then graciously present the cash proceeds to a children's charity.

OH yes...Rule Update: More than one person is allowed to perform a routine during the video presentation. 

8 hours ago, Damp Rabbit said:

I thought that was pretty clear, what didn't make sense? I have posted 3 videos here and I've had a few very successful viral videos in other areas. I don't want to post a resume but I've been doing video on the web for decades. I was pointing out I'm enthusiastic about doing videos.

I already know the story @Damp Rabbit. Just chill...please.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

@Cloud @dmethvinMany thanks for your all of your kind support! It means a great deal. God I was angry!

You would think that a contest with no entry fee offering $1500 in prizes, designed to promote the EUC Forum and it's members while providing a some fun along the way would have been welcomed  with open arms! There was a similar circumstance that happen to me years ago as I was trying to create something positive for  our community.

In 1999 I founded The Toledo Children's Memorial http://www.toledochildrensmemorial.com/ (if you wish to read about it)

The Toledo, Ohio mayor and the entire community were in favor of my plans. The community did not have to pay a thing for the project as I covered all of the expenses. Unfortunately within days after the announcement of the memorial construction it  turned into political nightmare after one  family drove a wedge between the community and the project. 

After the mayor and his administration helped me with obtaining infrastructure improvements at the memorial site the conflict became so bad that the mayor pulled his support once he realized Al Sharpton https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton and his entourage were coming to town. Sharpton protested on the steps of the Toledo Municipal Courthouse. Yes, my plans of creating a beautiful children's memorial had turned into a racial issue! (I will not go into the hurtful details)

The memorial was finally completed and to this day, 17 years later, children that tragically die in accidents are continually remembered at the site.

So the moral of my long story is that the contest will go on, as I have faced far greater obstacles in my life! For those of you who do not like the current rules, even after numerous concessions, you can simply refrain from entering! No one is twisting your arm! If no one enters the contest and we end up still having the unicycle ...that will be fine with me. I am sure @Jason McNeilcan easily sell the unicycle and I will then graciously present the cash proceeds to a children's charity.

OH yes...Rule Update: More than one person is allowed to perform a routine during the video presentation. 

First off, you are a f..king awesome guy @Rehab1 and I am so sorry everyone is sucking the life out of this and just making you have to work to make this positive communal event happen! For everybody complaining: this was his offering and his great idea so technically he should make all the damn rules! So count your self lucky he even thought of this in the first place, just stop arguing people, and ride your damn wheel.

2 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

I already know the story @Damp Rabbit. Just chill...please.

Then why did you ask? Why keep trying to take offense and make things personal? If you can't handle discussion please don't try to instigate personal issues. You ask questions, I answer and then you get personal. A different opinion or experience is not a personal attack and you don't have to defend anyone from anything.

So to paraphrase, just chill please. 

2 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

For everybody complaining: this was his offering and his great idea so technically he should make all the damn rules! So count your self lucky he even thought of this in the first place, just stop arguing people, and ride your damn wheel.

Disagreeing with you is not complaining, trying to improve things by discussing options is not complaining. I don't see anyone doing more complaining and tribalism than you. Please leave the personal issues out of this unless you want to just make this another internet pissing contest. Myself and Hirsute are on opposite sides of some issues but neither of us are complaining about being attacked and more importantly neither of us have devolved into making personal attacks against each other.

On ‎14‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 9:29 PM, Damp Rabbit said:

Disagreeing with you is not complaining, trying to improve things by discussing options is not complaining. I don't see anyone doing more complaining and tribalism than you. Please leave the personal issues out of this unless you want to just make this another internet pissing contest. Myself and Hirsute are on opposite sides of some issues but neither of us are complaining about being attacked and more importantly neither of us have devolved into making personal attacks against each other.

I was staying quiet all the time, but now it is enough for me!

Man, what do you want? First you come in here and start whining about the rules, which are "only in favour to one member"..."you cant win"...., rules this, rules that..

After changing the rules, to some off your complaints, you start complaining about that the rules where changed all the time....

Then you start bashing  @Sidestreet Reny who was the last and for shure did not complain about the rules......The community and escpecially @Rehab1 did all that Sidestreet can take part in this contest...so seams you just do not know what you are talking about....

Also i did not believe that @Hirsute is in any way "Standing on your side"....because he is no way whining about anything, or that he has a broken arm in the Moment!

To get it to a short Point:

If you do not like the contest and his rules...just dont take part! Search for another 1500 bucks contest where the rules are made for you! 

Otherwise stop complaining over and over again and try to get another 50 Million views on your EUC Video!

53 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Also i did not believe that @Hirsute is in any way "Standing on your side"....because he is no way whining about anything, or that he has a broken arm in the Moment!

I confirm. As i've already said, i was more interested by the original rules, with un-edited video because it was a real challenge, closer from the real live experience.

But no matter and no complain, it's not "my contest", and it's not a big deal. The most important is the success of the contest. Have a lot of fun! Have a big challenge! Have beautiful videos!

So we can stop talking and go for work on our videos.

@KingSong69 @Hirsute Thank you kindly for your supportive comments!

EUC Forum Members:

We now have 3 prizes instead of one thanks to an anonomous donor and I have changed the rules in response to concerns about the contest being to stringent! Then it was recommended that I cancel the contest altogether because the rules were changed. WHY?? To quote @Sidestreet Reny..."just chill"!

Anyone can enter the contest! If your jumps, spins or maneuvers are not quite up to speed then just be creative in other ways. Submit a video of juggling on a EUC or how about  submitting a touching heartfelt video of you reaching out to the elderly or disabled child in some fashion as you bring smiles, tears and cheers to them and your audience.

I am starting to record videos of me pushing around my pediatric patients in wheelchairs using my EUC. Why, because it brings joy to their faces!

The contest is designed to bring out the best talent in our field while enlightening others about our unique sport and hopefully it casts a positive light on our sport  so communities across the world support us with open arms! 

I look forward to watching each and every video submitted as do all of the forum members. If you go to the Video Thread on this forum you will see members of all ages, genders, heights and weights posting videos to the joy of everyone. There is no critical feedback! It is just pure fun watching others enjoying themselves.

We should all be supportive of each other! So go out and have some fun, be creative and let other EUC members enjoy your performances for months to come!

Warm regards,

rehab1 (Dan)

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I am starting to record videos of me pushing around my pediatric patients in wheelchairs using my EUC. Why, because it brings joy to their faces!

@Rehab1 has found a loop hole in the contest rules and is cheating! Lol Planning to submit a video to his own contest :) he will sure vote for himself too. Now i see this was all part of a grand V5f scam :) Classic...

No I cannot vote just like you:D I am taking some videos to post on the thread and also share with other disabled families. 

Here are some thoughts to explore when deciding on your performance:

• Perform in unusual places
  • Perform using instruments
  • Choreograph your riding to a song
  • Choose a "gimmick" such as a choreographed creation of painting a picture or sculpturing while riding 

Think of the mood do you want your video to feel like? 

• Edgy, Funny Scary, Sexy, Sunny, Stormy, Serious, Intense, Dark. Bright, Happy, Silly

Think of genres: 

• Techno, Futuristic, Nihilistic, Sci-Fi, Steampunk, Fantasy, Natural, Historical, Art Deco, Modern, Ancient, Prehistoric 

Explore different settings where your performance will take place such as:

• Urban, Rural, Suburban, Party, Bar, tavern, Dance hall, disco, Farm, Ranch, Mine, Tunnel, Gym, Garage, Warehouse, Ghost town, Carnival, Playground, Circus, Amusement park, Maze, Back alley, Prairie, Jungle, Savannah, Arctic, Tundra, Mountain, Cave, Desert, Forest..etc

@Hirsute Well I am pretty sure  @Sidestreet Reny will not be the first. If he caught his accident on video and I change the contest's name to '1st Annual International EUC Face Plant Contest he might win:D Sorry Remy.. There is still over a month to go and I am sure he will be in the competition. Are you ready??

Ok so we are a month into the submission period now and there are still no submissions for the contest!  In hopes of inspiring others to do the same, I went out with my kids after school and took some EUC footage with my phone, and I stayed up late tonight making a video, which I'm uploading to YouTube now.  I assume it won't be a serious contender, but if it is, I will excuse myself from moderating the voting so as not to be biased.

Check it out, should be up in the submission thread momentarily!

@Shoe73 Thank you for being the first to submit a video! Your children are awesome on their EUCs!! The video has all of the elements we are looking for: riding skills, tricks and most important pure entertainment to watch! Congratulate your children for me! You taught them well! ? 

You don't have to worry about your video submission and excusing yourself as a moderator. The rules clearly state moderator family members can partake in the contest but moderators simply cannot vote for any contestants. 

Archived