KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs

jimjam.nyc

After years of exposure to wheels, power, range, torque....anything less than top of the line wheels like V13, Sherman S, Master pro probably won't turn me on too much. They should make something to turn these heavy wheels into jumpers like what they use on aircraft carriers.... magnetic catapult? Pop!!!...up you go...don't need to manually jump! 

• Haha 2

This wheel looks really good. Even has LED light show front and sides, built in speakers and USB A and C ports. 32Kg and 3500W motor a nice 60km/h wheel. Body panel robustness similar to S18 all this judging by the photos and some specs but we will need to wait and see. 

Edited by The Brahan Seer
Hopefully has better robustness of course!
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Let's see if they are as good at learning from previous mistakes as Begode have been...

Yeah S21, then S22 was kind a crap show at start... :facepalm: That's why i will wait 1 whole year, before buying it. Even if i like it very much!

I do hope it's weight is under 33kg. Otherwise i will put S19 in my "trash pile" of wheels.. (Which every new release have been there last ~3 years.)

From looks it's quit decent. :wub:

13 minutes ago, M1thr4ndr said:

EE104350-E53C-4F2D-B9E2-2B64302AA23B.thumb.jpeg.7fa22ff3f4ea6f806cb6c75d654409ee.jpeg

Holy Duck. On paper it's my dream wheel without suspension. :D 60km/h top speed. Real 18" tire. 3500W motor. (Battery could be smaller.. But i wont complain.)

I really hope the suspension is built quit well. I want to see disassembly videos faster!!! :D 

And most important only ~32kg. Coming from 26kg 18xl, i doubt there will be big difference. (Carrying wise..)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Funky said:

Yeah S21, then S22 was kind a crap show at start... :facepalm: That's why i will wait 1 whole year, before buying it. Even if i like it very much!

I do hope it's weight is under 33kg. Otherwise i will put S19 in my "trash pile" of wheels.. (Which every new release have been there last ~3 years.)

From looks it's quit decent. :wub:

Holy Duck. On paper it's my dream wheel without suspension. :D 60km/h top speed. Real 18" tire. 3500W motor. (Battery could be smaller.. But i wont complain.)

I really hope the suspension is built quit well. I want to see disassembly videos faster!!! :D 

And most important only ~32kg. Coming from 26kg 18xl, i doubt there will be big difference. (Carrying wise..)

Glad you find the 2023 dream wheel. Now you can stop dunking on other wheels 😆

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, M1thr4ndr said:

Glad you find the 2023 dream wheel. Now you can stop dunking on other wheels 😆

Only thing i was dunking on was the weight. :P Ofc all the new releases are amazing!

But i don't see myself riding Monster Pro, V13, Fatton, or any recently released wheel on pavement. Going 35-40km/h speeds. They simply are to "GOOD" for me. Which makes them BAD. :D (Bad in my use case..)

Edited by Funky

...and I'm back in the room.  I've just remembered how much I don't like the suspension set up used in the S22, the charger locations and power switch. 

Combined with the flimsiness of the S18 bodywork and how easily it breaks. 

I also would like a wheel I could have more flexibility with power pad  use and placement too.

Oh well it was exciting for 20 minutes.

Still looks nice though.

While I’m not a fan of the hard-installed pads, I do think that we’ll see aftermarket options that just sort of brace up against the stock pads and reshape into a bit more favorable of a geometry. You would lose adjustability, of course, but there are some people that aren’t too bothered by that.

But even then the best use I can see for this wheel ends up being jumps and trail riding. It’s definitely probably street capable and the lights are a bonus for that, but the pad setup ironically would alienate some of the people that would otherwise be the wheel’s most hardcore fans. I really hope they update the design at some point before release that would make the built-in pads removable (whether it be through bolts or velcro, and a connector to the wheel that is able to be tucked away and is well-waterproofed), but I doubt that’s happening.

I don’t want to rag on this wheel as much as many others are, I think it’s nice that something can match the T4’s weight while having better build quality and not compromising on suspension travel. If it’s a true average sized rider can hit 37 mph without dipping pedals too, that’d be another boon over the T4. I can only hope that the price ends up keeping this wheel competitive.

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

My preliminary assessment

The good:

- Perfect tire size and weight

- Very good battery size for most riders. Together with KS’s excellent reputation with Wh/range ratio, this will serve well. Few people really need more. (I also thought I wouldn’t until I tasted bigger)

- The market needs this. Solid business decisions to launch this. Just needs to be reliable from start and it’s a solid recommendation.

- Looks good, but not amazing. But that’s enough. Orange colour seems like copying others. I can see many other colours looking better on this design.

- Suspension should be good enough if they get the rollers work reliably.

The bad:

- Who asked for RGB lights in 2023? Raise your hand and I’ll ban you from here. Anyone? Did the assembly department at KS ask for them? Is my ride suppose to be better with them? Are we not already getting enough attention?

- If you thought adding RGB lights to KingSongs legendary design language was a stupid move from their marketing department, you should here about them adding built-in speakers and then bragging about their sound quality in ads. Why add weight and complexity for a function that is much better served with earphones or battery powered BT speakers?

- What’s the deal with non-removable pads when we already have progressed to flat sides for adding third party pads for those who cannot yet ride without them? 

- The screen still shows very little info. Might be a bit better positioned, though. 

- Looks uncomfortable to sit on. A good seat should be a standard feature now. 

- KS used to have very good trolley handles until S22. S18 had the basic correct. Inmotion has always done this correctly. Begode has learned to put it in the middle. Why go backwards on a feature that is very important for a wheel perfect for commuters? 

The good i agree. (Still somewhat worried about suspension reliability.)

Some points about bad.

Well people cry that they need more "lights" to be seen on streets and whatnot. :D Now they can ride the rainbow row. (Good thing you can turn them off. I don't even use front/back light on my 18xl.)

Speakers good for alarms. (They sound louder than some beeper), but otherwise not needed. You won't be blasting music going true people anyways..

Pads.. Don't really know how i feel about them. As i have not used any.. Doh having some is still better than none? Especially if someone isn't thinking about buying aftermarket pads in first place.

Screen needs to show only riding speed while in motion. But if it shows only speed while at stop.. That's bad.

Seat is overrated.. Especially if you ride ~10km distance max one way.. On bigger wheels i see having seat is a must. Because you spend much more time riding. 

Yeah the handle sucks ass.. Can you even lift it one handed? - If not, that right there is a deal breaker for me. (Luckily i don't need trolley handle that much. I only need a lifting/carrying handle.)

Is that at front a handle? Can that handle hold whole wheel weight? I'm looking for a somewhat briefcase handle, so you can carry it one handed. If one needs to use both hands to carry it - that's a deal breaker for me. 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Oof almost S22 price!! For an 1800Wh 100V wheel:(

Give it 1 week to month, the price will be ~200$ lower.. At the moment that price makes to sense.

Edit: I just checked S22 prices, it's ~2900$ at some stores. :D My point stays.

Edited by Funky

I guess it make sense. The S18 is 1110Wh and 84V after all, so the S19 has to be more than the S18 at 2000. The V12 has no suspension and is around 2500 already.

Somehow I expected the S19 to succeed the S18 at the same price, as a GREAT wheel to recommend to new riders who don't want to pay crazy much. Wishful thinking.

Side speakers are indeed something from the past. Side-speakers only make sense for low-speed EUCs. If you do decide to have speakers on a fast (25mph+) wheel, place a single loud speaker on top of the EUC so you can better perceive the acoustic signal with your crotch.

The "hard-coded" pads are indeed controversial. On one hand, flat surfaces and aftermarket pads provide the best tailored fit for any rider. On the other hand, once the position of pads is decided, using their volume to hide batteries or whatever (like speakers and RGBs here) is very beneficial to make a narrower, sleeker wheel. Hopefully, a compromise will work out here, where most people will obtain a decent fit via slight aftermarket alterations.

I like to have a new wheel in the sub-35kg category. The ~1800Wh also seems a sweet spot. While that's a very crowded category it could still be a good choice for many. 

• Like 1

I like how all the companies are racing to compete for the next best 3600wh big wheel and now the best 16" suspension wheel. Meanwhile kingsong is just like "ill just do my own thing over here". They are really filling in the market where the other companies (except begode) do not. The s19 looks alright so far. Not great, not bad

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I like how all the companies are racing to compete for the next best 3600wh big wheel and now the best 16" suspension wheel. Meanwhile kingsong is just like "ill just do my own thing over here". They are really filling in the market where the other companies (except begode) do not. The s19 looks alright so far. Not great, not bad

The wheel makes sense. Just a few design choices seem off. 

While not a huge deal, it would be nice if the wheel was a 70kph wheel vs 60kph at 18inch... considering the 16inch wheels at 100v  some of then can hit 70kph. 

Also I have to say it like everyone else... builtin pads? Not sure why... unless somehow removable or adjustable at the very least.

33 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

While not a huge deal, it would be nice if the wheel was a 70kph wheel vs 60kph at 18inch... considering the 16inch wheels at 100v 

Well, the S19 teaser kind of mentioned that the S19 is for jumpers.

So, I think it is going to end up being a wheel consider by first time buyers or jumpers, or those who want to do regular distance commutes.

If the S19 was available when I was buying my V12, I may have bought it instead, although, the S19 is a lot pricier.

If we consider the S22 having only 70 km/h top speed with 126 V, it doesn't bold well for S19 with only 100V, since the S19 is based on the S22.

• Upvote 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs