KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs

jimjam.nyc

1 hour ago, Grimm10 said:

And what is it about having the charge ports underneath?  Why?  To tick off the owner each and everytime they charge it?

Surely those will be covered, even if they are not hot ports ? Water is going to find its way up there somehow, even if the mudguard is fully effective.

On second thought.. I keep losing interest in this wheel after each new video/picture posted... Haven't seen the insides yet, but it's already looking kind bad.

On paper the information where amazing. Real life shows different result.

Another letdown...

The search for awesome 25-30kg wheel continues. :cry2:

I don't see the problem with charge ports. When the wheel is on its kickstand, they are at a 45 degree angle and seem easy enough to access. There's a mudguard under them and gravity does its job of keeping moisture out. In addition to likely having "cold" charging ports, the wheel may also have an additional cover for them there that's not shown on video.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Surely those will be covered, even if they are not hot ports ? Water is going to find its way up there somehow, even if the mudguard is fully effective.

I'm aware that there will be rubber ports to cover the outlets, it's just the mere inconvenience of hooking up the charge cable blindly.

24 minutes ago, superox said:

I don't see the problem with charge ports. When the wheel is on its kickstand, they are at a 45 degree angle and seem easy enough to access. There's a mudguard under them and gravity does its job of keeping moisture out. In addition to likely having "cold" charging ports, the wheel may also have an additional cover for them there that's not shown on video.

I have a kickstand on my Master, but never use it while charging...too unstable.  Maybe the KS kickstand is sturdier, but I'd prefer to put it on my own stand, much safer imo.

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Charge port position. This is nothing but KS saving half a buck at any cost by attaching the charge ports directly on the mainboard. The connector area will easily get muddy and all kinds of dirty, and is a nightmare to use. You need to reach the charging cables to inside the freakin’ wheel!

It's fine to use while the wheel is tilted on the kickstand like it's designed (which is nice and stable with the KS design by the way). It's also shielded from rain, and dirt by the mudguard. They're also not attached to the mainboard on the S22, they are on a separate board, which I assume is the case on this as well. I agree with all of your other points but everything in this one is wrong.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, chanman said:

They're also not attached to the mainboard on the S22, they are on a separate board, which I assume is the case on this as well.

In that case I understand their design decisions even less.

While a mudguard keeps the direct water sprays out, there’s still quite a storm going on in the wheel well above the mudguard. The top of the mudguard tends to get dust on it in dry weather and mud in wet weather. A clean spot it definitely is not.

• Upvote 1

There's a rubber cover on them on the S22 and it and the underside of the control board is not dirty despite me never cleaning it and riding on dirt pretty often, the top of the mudguard and the battery cases are though. Mudguard protects from direct splashes and gravity stops dust from getting in that way I guess. 

It's not pointless and unusable like you're trying to make it seem like, it does help with waterproofing from rain.

Edited by chanman
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

On second thought.. I keep losing interest in this wheel after each new video/picture posted... Haven't seen the insides yet, but it's already looking kind bad.

On paper the information where amazing. Real life shows different result.

Another letdown...

The search for awesome 25-30kg wheel continues. :cry2:

I suppose if money is no object to you, a suspension delete might have to be for you :laughbounce2:. Of course, at that point, you don't get too much more bang for your buck compared to a V12HT. Speaking of which, I wonder what sentiments do you still feel that would deem the V12 too heavy if this wheel looked good even at 32 kg? I know you'd probably prefer a few less pounds of battery and possibly a pound or two on less fancy electronics in the wheel, but the V12 is at 29-30kg (maybe HT is a bit heavier).

The S22 roller style sliders can be very plush but the whole design is quite vulnerable to dust and mud fouling it up. This is something I hoped they fixed but apparently not! There are 3D printed parts that can probably help lessen this ingress to some extent but it's not anywhere to the level of how sealed other suspension systems might be from the elements.

10 minutes ago, bpong said:

if those charge ports are actually attached direct to the mainboard

They're almost 100% not, dude came with that out of nothing, they're not on the S22 and the design is basically identical. In fact they actually considered one of the common problems, rain, and tried to solve that.

Edited by chanman
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, chanman said:

They're almost 100% not, dude came with that out of nothing, they're not on the S22 and the design is basically identical.

k. if so, then i over-posted on this.  but this does deserve actual confirmation then for clarafication...

39 minutes ago, Flygonial said:

I suppose if money is no object to you, a suspension delete might have to be for you :laughbounce2:. Of course, at that point, you don't get too much more bang for your buck compared to a V12HT. Speaking of which, I wonder what sentiments do you still feel that would deem the V12 too heavy if this wheel looked good even at 32 kg? I know you'd probably prefer a few less pounds of battery and possibly a pound or two on less fancy electronics in the wheel, but the V12 is at 29-30kg (maybe HT is a bit heavier).

The S22 roller style sliders can be very plush but the whole design is quite vulnerable to dust and mud fouling it up. This is something I hoped they fixed but apparently not! There are 3D printed parts that can probably help lessen this ingress to some extent but it's not anywhere to the level of how sealed other suspension systems might be from the elements.

I want an 18xl with real 18x3" tire and 3000W motor. :D (Would like to have real smart BMS also.) As for rest - i don't care. I don't care even about suspension.. Simply well built wheel without any dumb lightshows, sidepads, anything. Simple BOX shaped naked wheel would be best. No need for all these dumb "marketing" gimmicks.

I don't really want and smaller wheel. V12 is nice, but 16" incher. (That's the thing, i don't like about it.)

As i have said before.. Begode RS/MSP are one of best wheels in sense of power to weight combination and still having 18x3" tire. Sadly i don't like that their motherboards are placed at side of EUC, not at top. Also not the best water resistance. (Again motherboard at side.. I would not wanna ride those wheel in rain.) And their overall quality isn't the best.

Edited by Funky

16 minutes ago, chanman said:

I guess on that topic, I hope this isn't one of those computer renderings showing up a year before the wheels like the S20(2), without a real wheel we're all just speculating on the implementation details really. Does anyone know any timelines?

Didn't you watch the video... The video with wheel in real life? Go check 4th page.

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Didn't you watch the video.

Oh, apparently not lol, I tunnel-visioned on some crap about the charge ports and skipped to reply. I guess I'll redirect the question onto when these will be in people's hands to be ridden and torn apart.

Edited by chanman

5 minutes ago, chanman said:

Oh, apparently not lol, I tunnel-visioned on some crap about the charge ports and skipped to reply. I guess I'll redirect the question onto when these will be in people's hands and torn apart.

BTW charger ports being at bottom - DUMB!!!! I agree about that. They should have been at top near the screen somewhere.. Simply risen/lifted platform so any water would flow off them. Rubber cap over them - all good.

My deal breaker where - no "REAL" handle, so i could carry it one handed. Small little thing.. But most important.

Edited by Funky

I don't think there's any wheel this size you can carry one handed, but I'd like to see you try. The S18 was great for that, handle positioning and a reasonable weight and size for it, but the S22 definitely not, which this is much closer to.

Edited by chanman

6 minutes ago, chanman said:

I don't think there's any wheel this size you can carry one handed, but I'd like to see you try.

I tried carrying Sherman Max one handed, wasn't comfortable.. But doable. (At store..)

I could carry 35kg wheel. But would like it to be around 30kg or so. Carrying it to 3rd floor multiple times a day could be harsh.. That's why the ~30kg limit. I don't want to carry wheel with both hands.

Anyways we are getting of topic to much. So i'll stop...

Edited by Funky

40 minutes ago, chanman said:

They're almost 100% not, dude came with that out of nothing, they're not on the S22 and the design is basically identical.

Yeah, I was wrong about them being directly on the mainboard on the S22, and the S19 will most probably follow the same design.

1 hour ago, chanman said:

They're almost 100% not, dude came with that out of nothing, they're not on the S22 and the design is basically identical. In fact they actually considered one of the common problems, rain, and tried to solve that.

i removed my orig reply... its not based on factual evidence and thus not worth reading...

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs