KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs

jimjam.nyc

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Thanks for the video!

The lift switch is only a touch sensor. :o Hello… Gloves, anybody? :blink1:

I'm interested to see if there's any funny business that happens when grabbing the handle while riding/braking.
Still this looks promising to me, the best offering for my specific use this year: ready to ride right out of the box.

*disappointed to see the lowest slider still exposed on the front/back.

49 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

*disappointed to see the lowest slider still exposed on the front/back.

Could it be with the idea that the dirt would just fall out while riding through the exposed slider bottom ? I still don't think the little slider wheels is a good design.. 

But i love the idea of a "finished product" feel. Take it out and ride. Enjoy the music, charge your phone.. etc.. you can't get anything like that with begode. All in all i quite like it. 

• Like 1

KS seemingly doesn't do much digital content promotion if at all, and it shows in their own official trailer. Likely none of the content out there is sponsored.  Outside of the Cycle Show in China a few months back they appear to just be doing their own thing. I respect that and it is a bold move as they choose to not be sucked into the spec wars going on with the other companies, but this wheel would really need to impress in fit finish and reliability for their tactic to succeed.
I asked them if they could reach out to Kujirolls to hop on one, as I'd love to see technical street riding but I didn't get a clear answer..

I was wondering if this will have the option to change the geometry settings like S22 does. 

Around the 3 minute mark in the video I kind of see 3 bolts behind the speaker. Does this looks like the geometry setting bolts ? 

12 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

I was wondering if this will have the option to change the geometry settings like S22 does. 

Look adjustable to me. Set the playback speed to 1/4 speed and pause. I can see the predrilled and taped holes for changing suspension travel.

Time-stamped. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

S19 waterproofing test..

Slowly but surely, which is fine. I would rather they show raw footage with some asmr so we know if there's slider squeaks or motor noise..

I'm going on a roller-coaster with this wheel. First I was not super impressed. Than after seeing the new soft pads in the Electric Dreams video I was quite exited and was seriously looking forward to it releasing. Now.. hmm..

Disassemble from 2 minutes shows that the main board is sitting just below the plastic flat top cover. Even T4 have a thick foam on top that offers protection. V11 have a metal cover for the boards.. I'm not really tumbling my wheels often, but still it looks like very little protection for the fat round mosfets(?) sitting under.. And with the handle being like it is you can't put a seat/protection on top. 

Second thing is the side housing for cables that gets opened. I guess it will get enough protection from the outside with the new soft pads. But the plastic on the inside is literally see-through.. What is the chance of this not cracking :confused1:

image.thumb.png.de8a4313bcf738e9e950140b5b3accb3.png

I guess that is the price of trying to keep the weight down, but it's just not confidence inspiring.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drunkard said:

What is the chance of this not cracking 

If its made from the same material as the S18 it is actually pretty durable.

In my 20-25 Mph crash the top plastic cover hasn't a scratch but I do have a couple of cracks at the back of the top metal housing underneath it.

A side panel broke though although easy fix. Wheel still rolls. Haven't been out properly on it yet.

On 6/16/2023 at 8:33 AM, The Brahan Seer said:

S19 waterproofing test..

Aside from the very light mist they were shooting at it, a bunch of water got into those side compartments. You can see the droplets everywhere but where the sticker is placed.I'm surprised they kept that video. Also if you zoom in on the screw holds, the top 2 are already cracking around the threaded anchor. I definitely wouldn't ride this one in a heavy rain. I'm surprised still no IP rating in today's new wheels.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
afterthought
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they decided to ship the S19 with the air shock? Original material have the DNM RCP spring shock, and also in the video from Jack ex-KS

KINGSONG S19 EUC

In Eco Drift video we see it's replaced by the air shock and also in Denis from EUCSALE also have it with the air shock.. No photo description available.

That is kind of disappointing? Or air is somehow preferable ? 

2220 Wh battery vs 1760 Wh battery. 

Plus, the S19 losses the steel coil spring. And the fasteners for the linkage are just regular nuts and bolts.

Still, the S19 is only a few pounds lighter.

monokoleso-kingsong-s19-30.jpg?_x_tr_sl=

monokoleso-kingsong-s19-57.jpg?_x_tr_sl=

Edited by techyiam

@Andy.Lin Can you tell us what's going on with the Air coils on these S19 shipments? Angel confirmed the air shocks on facebook, but here most of us that were interested in this wheel were expecting the 750lb DNM coil that was marketed for months.  

On 7/24/2023 at 3:35 AM, Drunkard said:

Looks like they decided to ship the S19 with the air shock? Original material have the DNM RCP spring shock, and also in the video from Jack ex-KS

In Eco Drift video we see it's replaced by the air shock and also in Denis from EUCSALE also have it with the air shock.. 

That is kind of disappointing? Or air is somehow preferable ? 

So far the only statement of explanation I could find is from 2cells1pack Albert - he said suspension comes in air and spring options like Begode's Extreme. Still waiting on @Kingsong Customer Support to chime in, or if Jack will clarify this in his upcoming video.

Also Thanks ecodrift.ru for the teardown.... so much plastic pieces susceptible to breaking:efeee20b79: Even the small things like folding the pedals causing led damage is frustrating

19 hours ago, Taras said:

Ecodrift having added their well-documented photo teardown of the "pre-production" S19, also highlights the fact that King Song is still continuing to repeat the same errors in certain areas, (bearing pivot points for one) but more worryingly adding more complexity and unfortunately therefore more opportunities for New QC issues to arise!  

As mentioned, in their typically comprehensive write-up, hopefully the production S19's may have some of their findings resolved, I personally have my doubts after reading and observing everything pointed out here: S19 teardown photo-version

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs