KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs

jimjam.nyc

2 hours ago, alcatraz said:

How can the S19 be 32kg with 1800Wh 100v, but the S16 84v 1500Wh is 33.3kg? Makes zero sense.

Yup - they failed to make actually good wheels 2 times in row. One is almost the same thing as S22. And S16 has only smaller wheel size, yet somehow they have made it even heavier than S19. 3 wheels in same weight category. :facepalm: 35/33/32Kg WoW big difference.. Most will simply get S22/Pro. S19 and S16 are useless.

Only good thing S16 has going for it - the low price point.. But most who buy euc for next 2-5 years doesn't look at price. They want to get best they can. (Or the best wheel for their needs.)

So stupid.. :furious:

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

Yup - they failed to make actually good wheels 2 times in row. One is almost the same thing as S22. And S16 has only smaller wheel size, yet somehow they have made it even heavier than S19. 3 wheels in same weight category. :facepalm: 35/33/32Kg WoW big difference.. Most will simply get S22/Pro. S19 and S16 are useless.

Only good thing S16 has going for it - the low price point.. But most who buy euc for next 2-5 years doesn't look at price. They want to get best they can. (Or the best wheel for their needs.)

So stupid.. :furious:

The 19S looks like a plastic toy.  The S16 doesn't .  Metal weights.

But ok, looks can be deceiving?

59 minutes ago, eezo said:

:blink:

I'd love to see the market research data on that claim.

Same thing as bicycles, cars, phones, or in general everything - do most people buy new things just for buying reason?  I think not.. They buy what they need. And if cheaper product doesn't meet buyer expectations. More expensive one could do that.. (Meaning buyer looks at the product first, price second.)

Going off by my family. And i can see many more regular euc users, not hobbyists doing the same. When i bought my 18xl - i said i won't buy anything new for next 5 years. Luckily (Or sadly, as i would like to buy new wheel. $$$ isn't even problem..) there has not been released/made wheel, which could replace my wheel till this very day. :(

Sure you could buy every single new wheel that comes out and sell your old wheel.. But why? If old one does everything you want. At least i know what i want after ~3 years of ridding. The new wheel that i will be buying needs to be lighter.

Edited by Funky

42 minutes ago, Funky said:

Same thing as bicycles, cars, phones, or in general everything - do most people buy new things just for buying reason? I think not.. They buy what they need.

When I bought my first EUC, it was absolutely not a need, purely just for fun.  I had no illusion that I could use it to commute (35km commute to work each way). I wonder how many people ride these as a hobby for fun vs commuting each day? I imagine it is mostly recreational. Also, with an entirely new activity there is a barrier if the cost is too high. Until you know this is for you, why would you spend thousands on it? I know the line of reasoning and advice to buy a wheel that you can grow with. But buying a cheap wheel to learn with is far less risky and can usually be sold/traded in to recoup costs. That is what I did. Anyway, my point is that someone entirely new to EUCs is not going to know what they will want in future. I thought I would never want to ride more than 25km/h. So the specs on the bigger, faster wheels did nothing for me. Well, that was then. Now I definitely want more, but that is not my point.       

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Saboteur_ZA said:

When I bought my first EUC, it was absolutely not a need, purely just for fun.  I had no illusion that I could use it to commute (35km commute to work each way). I wonder how many people ride these as a hobby for fun vs commuting each day? I imagine it is mostly recreational. Also, with an entirely new activity there is a barrier if the cost is too high. Until you know this is for you, why would you spend thousands on it? I know the line of reasoning and advice to buy a wheel that you can grow with. But buying a cheap wheel to learn with is far less risky and can usually be sold/traded in to recoup costs. That is what I did. Anyway, my point is that someone entirely new to EUCs is not going to know what they will want in future. I thought I would never want to ride more than 25km/h. So the specs on the bigger, faster wheels did nothing for me. Well, that was then. Now I definitely want more, but that is not my point.       

Each their own. I knew i would use the wheel to commute. And have been doing it for years. I also really didn't need it.. But it beats riding regular bicycle to work. Also takes up less space. And no need for baggage ticket in train. :D I didn't buy it for "fun". I don't even go ridding around that much.. Mostly only work commute.

As I'm not "Outdoorsy" person. I would not have bought one just for ridding around. As i don't have "fun" doing that. If you have ridden one path already - you have seen same paths already - it gets boring really fast.. (I live in smallish town. So nothing much to see or go somewhere.)

My commute is only 2km one way.. And im ridding mostly at running speeds, because im not gearing up then. Have done some 50km rides at one go also at higher 40km/h speeds. (Ofc geared then.) But lately only work commute..

I for sure would not like to ride 35km every day.. Especially in rain or in winter snow.. Anyways, getting off topic. :D 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

pretty fun little wheel, just had 5min on it.

If you have ridden a S22/Pro, could you compare the S19 to the S22/Pro?

Also, what was you first impression of the S19 from a V11 owner's perspective?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

...   i think he is a little off on the suspension, certainly doesn't look like it's smooth. Going down stairs it looks like it doesn't even have suspension.

Another rider perhaps managed to get a better tune. Timestamped.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Although, for about $400 more you’d get the seemingly wonderful of a powerhouse, Inmotion Adventure. To me that alone a no-brainer. And I guess the Adventure’s competition costs less. So who in their right mind would buy an S19?

Currently, the S19 can be had for $3000 CAD ($2200 USD). But at this price, it comes with DIY warranty. I am OK with the latter.

Denis Hagov seems to like the S19 more than the S22 Pro.

If the S19 rides and performs similarly to the S22/Pro, at this price, that may be attractive enough for me to pull the trigger.

However, on the other hand, I can wait and spend more money and buy a more capable wheel. But for my use-case, the S19 should do.

If only I can ride one and be sure how the S19 actually rides and performs when I am the rider.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Hsiang says because the top is sloped forward, you slide off the front while riding seated. If anyone buys it though you will need to learn how to ride it seated in order to keep the trolley handle down....:roflmao:

Sideways saddle ?   :roflmao:

Annotation 2023-09-03 122619.jpg

• Haha 2

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs