KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs

jimjam.nyc

32 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Looks like kingsong just let slip the s19 is being announced in 3 days.

S19 or S16?  I'll have to check on IG.  One of the reliable sources on Telegram said the S16 would be announced on April 11 at some electronics show (Taiwan iirc).  If that has been moved up to April 9th, that will be an interesting development.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

S19 or S16?  I'll have to check on IG.  One of the reliable sources on Telegram said the S16 would be announced on April 11 at some electronics show (Taiwan iirc).  If that has been moved up to April 9th, that will be an interesting development.  

S19 it seems. There is a short video on the veteran telegram channel. It doesn't look too promising in my opinion

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Seems 31kg 1745wh 100v. @Funky is this your wheel?

I presume S19 meaning it's 18"? If it's real 18" wheel which can use 3" wide tires. And being at 31kg Sounds Amazing!!!

Still need to see the suspension.. How well it's built. Same suspension as S18, or something new.. As everybody knows i'm kind of against the suspension.

I think it's an S18 updated model. Same suspension...

Some moderator could make a Kingsong S19 topic. So we don't go "Off-topic" from veteran Fatton.. Otherwise some crybabys - will cry. :D 

Edited by Funky

Just now, Funky said:

I presume S19 meaning it's 18"? If it's real 18" wheel which can use 3" wide tires. And being at 31kg Sounds Amazing!!!

Still need to see the suspension.. As everybody knows i'm kind of against the suspension.

I think it's a S18 updated model. Same suspension...

Some moderator could make a Kingsong S19 topic. So we don't go "Off-topic" from veteran Fatton.. Otherwise some crybabys - will cry. :D 

I'll make one

• Thanks 1

I expect can't read and see that this Kingkong (see promo image, it must be a first batch promo image:D) S19 to be is an S18-update (smaller battery and hopefully better price compared to S22 Pro). Basically an S22 Pro with smaller battery. A more performant S18 for keeping up with the competition sounds good! Also their first 100V wheel (after making a 126V wheel, which seems a bit weird).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally maybe something worth buying.. Doh only for 2024 summer. (I will give the new wheel ~1 year to fix all first, second and maybe even third batch problems.) :D 

Fingers crossed to be actually good wheel.  

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Looking more S22 than S18 judging by the suspension linkage and kickstand in the teaser. If the goal was lightweight, why keep the heavy coil shock instead of going back to air, and why add what appear to be speakers? First 100V kingsong, will we see another new controller design? S22 pro sliders and motor or something different? Many questions.

Edited by chanman
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, doesn't look as easy to remove all the stuff to get a clean flat custom pad area like you can on the S22, the speaker box limits the rear placement and the front trim piece extends all the way up so you don't just want to remove it entirely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

S19 it seems. There is a short video on the veteran telegram channel. It doesn't look too promising in my opinion

Can you link the video here?

• Upvote 1

I was seriously considering buying this as my second wheel, until the pad design leaked. I don't know how a manufacture could go so far backwards in side-panel design, all but eliminating the option for aftermarket pads. 

Doh some people don't use and don't even think about buying aftermarket pads.. So already somewhat built in pads are bonus then.

In case of coming from older wheel, which didn't have any pads. This is a big upgrade. I kinda like how the speaker is built in the back pad. :D Doh a nightmare if you want to use aftermarket pads..

Each their own.. Some like, some hate.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to KingSong S19 1800wh: 100V, 18" tire, suspension, 71lbs