I had forgotten how little EUCs use to cost. It just shows how the quality/finish has deminished whilst the price has risen. The Z10 is still one of the coolest looking wheels... but the 4in tire and train tracking...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DavidB said:

I had forgotten how little EUCs use to cost. It just shows how the quality/finish has deminished whilst the price has risen.

You are so right. My first wheel cost something like 700€ new just 6 years ago. Not a single issue, ever. You don’t get much for 700€ anymore even when buying used.

• Like 2

inflation, lithium shortage, and specs.

I bet if a 3600wh suspension euc existed 6 years ago, it would cost $10k

You can still buy the chinese 'airwheels' on aliexpress for sub $800.  Its just that no one does because you can get a much much better ride experience with higher spec'd modern eucs.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Albert (2cells1pack) did a teardown of the Begode A2 after it has been submerged in water.

He found very little water ingress. Definitely a wheel to ride in torrential downpour without worries. Very Impressive. 

Also, it looks better built than some of the older Begode wheels. I need to see it in person to be sure. But I like what what I am seeing so far for the price point.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 11:30 PM, techyiam said:

Albert (2cells1pack) did a teardown of the Begode A2 after it has been submerged in water.

He found very little water ingress. Definitely a wheel to ride in torrential downpour without worries. Very Impressive. 

Also, it looks better built than some of the older Begode wheels. I need to see it in person to be sure. But I like what what I am seeing so far for the price point.

I would have described the pouring of water out of the battery box, to be more than "very little water ingress".

Begode marketing of this wheel is disingenuous at best.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

I would have described the pouring of water out of the battery box, to be more than "very little water ingress".

The battery box had a bit more than a few drops. Even so, didn't he say he submerged it for about an hour.

The hardest I thought to seal was the wheel bearings. I expected the motor to be full of water. That was impressive. 

For riding in the rain, the battery box is basically waterproof for all intents and purposes.

The headlight may have had a few drops.

44 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Begode marketing of this wheel is disingenuous at best.

From ewheels.com website: 

Is the Begode A2 waterproof?

Although Begode has shown water resistance capabilities, no personal electric vehicle is ever genuinely waterproof. The A2 should withstand weather conditions better than most wheels on the market.

Begode states that submerging the A2 voids the warranty. 

Edited by techyiam

Agreed this is probably totally fine for riding in very wet conditions, and perhaps even the occasional short-term fall into a lake or puddle, but it was a bit concerning to see drops of water inside the MB compartment by the Mosfets, and making so much contact with the underside of it (though at least they lacquered the underside of the board, which is presumably why it didn't contact) and in the battery compartment. But this is still a big step up by Begode in many ways - the whole overall design seems better thought through than previous wheels, and I do like the new screwed on pads and the move away from the horrible fake 3M rubbish...

Common sense would dictate not to completely submerge the wheel but unfortunately that's the way Begode is marketing it (not the first time they market wheels in a way that voids warranty).

I just saw the A2 in person and I will say that it is a very cool wheel. I can see this wheel will be great for people going short trips, bombing around the neighborhood, or just casual riding. Begode has improved the quality of the pads that stick to the sides of the wheel which is nice because the ones on the Mten4 are of similar material to the Master's seat foam (not great). If I didn't already have Mten4 I would consider this.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Yeah with the price point, size, waterproofing I think this wheel will sell well as a commuter and get new riders into the hobby.

I think for you riders out in Toronto or Edmonton, where you have longer winters, the A2 would be a godsend. After a ride in the heavily salted or sanded roads, all you have to do is pour water down the wheel-well and you are done cleaning the hardest part. Then pour water on the rest of the wheel and you are done cleaning.

• Like 1

It does look good. If only it had some sort of trolley handle. Hope after market solutions will be well made. 

If does look to have plenty of power to climb a hill :)

Price.. hm.. Think i seen it available around 900 euro shipped from China. While that is good I would love it to be even a bit lower.. I see Mten4 being sold for 1300 euro in a local retailer. That is crazy town :)

29miles of range. That is quite good! did not watch the full video yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 5:00 PM, mhpr262 said:

"Easy to Learning" - this inspires confidence that there will be no mistakes in the English translation of the manual.

Oh wait, I forgot that Begode very elegantly avoids all those translation issues by not providing ANY sort of manual, just like they did with my EX20s.

“Easy to learning”…. Extreme-ly hard to Master…  ask out Hero, Marty:

Edited by Freeforester
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GothamMike said:

Any idea what happened? Random cut outs do not inspire confidence.

My thoughts would be as Roger's, and like him, I am out of ideas once we know that plug didn't come off the mainboard and there is no obvious visible short circuit or wiring issue. I think we'll have to wait for someone very techy to look at that and report back...

Edited by Cerbera

I think they're limiting the amount of motors in their lineup. This is probably the same motor as the mten4.

They probably don't want to invest in another 14in motor.

I think they should, too. 

If the A2 is a "10in" just like the mtens, but the tire is closer to 14in, does that mean all mtens out there are 14in wheels? They seem smaller.

18x3 ~ 14-2.75

16x3 ~ 12-2.75

14 ~ 10-3.00 ?

Anyway. My biggest problem is the missing trolley handle. Second is why it's only a 1000w? If it's HT and all that, what's with 1000w? The mcm5 has 1500w.

A tesla v1 is 1900w (allegedly) and that's 19kg and can run a 16x2.5in tire, and has a trolley handle.

Edited by alcatraz

41 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

If the A2 is a "10in" just like the mtens, but the tire is closer to 14in, does that mean all mtens out there are 14in wheels

the ultimate diameter of the wheel depends on the tire. Gotway are saying that it is a 15" tire. It does look fat, much fatter than the tire on my partner's 14d.

6 hours ago, Uras said:

the ultimate diameter of the wheel depends on the tire. Gotway are saying that it is a 15" tire. It does look fat, much fatter than the tire on my partner's 14d.

Ok, but don't you find it odd that the mten and mcm5 had a similar diameter but one advertised as 14 and one as 10in. 

• mrelwood changed the title to Begode A2