You need to ignore these motor power numbers, they are meaningless. They say nothing about real world power and power limits. Only real world experience can tell.

The A2 number is probably just "low" because the motor is small and such would theoretically overheat faster.

Doh you can't ignore the thin "flimsy" case sides. A bigger guy just simply stepping on the wheel may bend whole case. Same issue the Mten4 has.

But hey.. Enjoy your Leaning Tower of Pisa. :D 

CDN media

Almost perfect wheel, but they goofed yet again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/28/2023 at 6:40 PM, Funky said:

Doh you can't ignore the thin "flimsy" case sides. A bigger guy just simply stepping on the wheel may bend whole case. Same issue the Mten4 has.

But hey.. Enjoy your Leaning Tower of Pisa. :D 

CDN media

Almost perfect wheel, but they goofed yet again.

Model A2 has a wall thickness of 3 mm, while mten4 has 2 mm. Secondly, A2 uses a system of stiffeners. Nuances as on mten4 a2 do not threaten.

I am first owner of Begode A2 in Russia. 

Russian chat by model telegram  @begodeA2

Got to try an A2 the other day. Build quality is excellent. Wish my Mten4 was built that good. Ride wise though, the A2 was underwhelming. It doesnt have the fun nimbleness of the mten4. The larger tire and stableness makes you want to ride faster, but it still has mten4 performance, speed and range. Makes the A2 feel limited for the entire ride. Its great for commuting from point A to B, but the mten4 is so much more fun

• Like 1

Maybe it runs so hot that it needs all that water too cool down. 🥁

Not clear if it was batteries or controller that burned.

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Maybe it runs so hot that it needs all that water too cool down. 🥁

Not clear if it was batteries or controller that burned.

From the pics it doesnt look like the whole wheel is destroyed. So it could very well be just the control board.

but either way its unclear if this wheel has been dunked.. Kind of a side effect of telling your customers you can ride it in a lake.. As we have seen people doing this already, which is kind of dumb even if the wheel is waterproof. Even some of our trusted people who test wheels have shown it riding in water for testing, which I think is just not a good idea. I know intentions are good, but humans have been proven to be dumb sometimes and try things at home for no good reason.

Hopefully we will hear more about it. There is a lot of interest in this wheel.. Especially for new or younger riders. Will be good to know what happened.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A2 is a cursed wheel.

Unexplained shut off while riding, and now fire of battery or cb for a supposedly waterproof wheel both of which are unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

From the pics it doesnt look like the whole wheel is destroyed. So it could very well be just the control board.

but either way its unclear if this wheel has been dunked.. Kind of a side effect of telling your customers you can ride it in a lake.. As we have seen people doing this already, which is kind of dumb even if the wheel is waterproof. Even some of our trusted people who test wheels have shown it riding in water for testing, which I think is just not a good idea. I know intentions are good, but humans have been proven to be dumb sometimes and try things at home for no good reason.

Hopefully we will hear more about it. There is a lot of interest in this wheel.. Especially for new or younger riders. Will be good to know what happened.

I think it is all the mistake of Begode. They showed the wheel casually thrown in the water by the riders, and even casually ridden in the water.

A responsible wheel maker would never do that. 

A responsible maker would demonstrate the water resistance in a controlled environment with all the safety measures necessary and with a clear warning  directly addressed to the consumers to not try the same thing at home.

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

How is this even possible with the good battery cells? Did they screw up the BMS somehow (like the S20)?

I'm wondering the same thing; the 50e cells have been pretty reliable as of lately unless the rider was abusing the hell out of their A2 already. Supposedly same or very similar internals to the mten4 aside from improved waterproofing. Only other thing I could think of is they dunked their wheel in water a few too many times and that water ultimately got into the control board or battery compartment.

I've been riding around on my 40t A2 for almost 30 miles and so far have not had any issues with any of the components, though I did bend my frame slightly (got it back to where it should be though lol) 

On 3/15/2023 at 10:59 AM, chanman said:

Controller not immediately failing is a decent sign, but the real risk is battery pack water ingress, and a fire days or weeks later that doesn't make the video. Electric shock not so likely.

Re: waterproofing and riding in a river

Edited by chanman

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

How is this even possible with the good battery cells? Did they screw up the BMS somehow (like the S20)?

I’m sure they did. Or the controller.

It’s not the cells that suddenly combust depending on their exact model. Afaik, practically any unprotected li-ion will burn if shorted for more that a few seconds.

According to the EUC Forum Discord, there's a possibility that the guy who owns the wheel had overtorqued the A2 causing it to cutout the day before the fire happened. It's possible that the cutout caused some internal damage that was unknown until it started on fire. The wheel was also supposedly on when it was on the train.

14 hours ago, Paul g said:

It’s coming!

It's funny but I wish it wasn't coming because that would mean that they got (future tense) their design, engineering and QC under control but given the track record I have no confidence that is going to happen. I honestly appreciate that they are not a idle company but man they really need to slow it down enough so that they can cross the T's and dot the i's.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Aside from mten or 10in wheels, how can they not include a trolley handle? What was the idea for this hmm....

Actually to be honest, if you "only" commute to work everyday. And don't go shopping with EUC, you don't really need the trolley handle.

I have noticed that i don't even extend my 18xl trolley handle at all. (In ~3 years i can count all the times i have extended on my fingers. Which where when i was doing "fun" rides and needed to go over metal walk on bridge, could not ride it - because tire where slipping on metal bars.) I ride or carry it only. Only place where i trolley it "somewhat" is going from train seat to exit. And even then i don't extend the handle. I'm 6 feet tall and have only little bit side lean while trolleying like that. :D Even then i sometimes simply don't power on EUC and carry it to exit. Everywhere else - only carry.

Edited by Funky

• mrelwood changed the title to Begode A2