1 hour ago, Robse said:

.... don't know, but looks like pedals a already bent in wrong direction?

Annotation 2023-03-24 005703.jpg

That's just Begode new feature: reverse-dihedreal waterproof pedals. Good for ploughing fields

I can see this thing being overpowered due to its wheel size and riders being too agressive

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

$950 usd or $1,300 cdn pre-order pricing. Hmmm. Tempting. But no trolley handle makes it about as useful as a limp fork.

Yeah, I don't why these guys think 'Smaller wheel = no need to trolley'. One of their early tests should be doing the shopping on it ! As soon as they had to carry it for more than 10 seconds they would immediately see why nobody wants to do that !

It is a pretty decent price - I would bet no1 is gonna mind if they add $50 to that and include the trolley gear !

Edited by Cerbera

My 18xl also can ride true water for 1-2 min.. Only thing that stops me of doing that is knowing aftermath problem/damage to wheel. :D 

Any wheel can be filmed going in/under water.. We want to see the wheel insides after swimming lesson. 

Can't wait to see A2 ridding in/under water and afterwards doing a disassembly video. Now that i would like to see.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ser_skele said:

Yes, ks-16s is pretty darn good

My 280lbs heavy ass can confirm. It has also quiet good torque, for only having 1200W motor.

Perfect wheel for riding with minimal gear. As you ride slower in general without gear..

Edited by Funky

7 hours ago, Kurtosis said:

Have to agree with earlier posters - if you want to make a commuter wheel, it needs to have:

• A trolley handle
  • Mud/dirt guard.  I don't want to show up at work with dust/dirt/mud all over my shoes and pants
  • An enclosed frame - can you imagine if your pants leg or shoelaces or whatever get caught in that huge opening with the wheel? Instant faceplant.

IMO, the years-old KS-16S is better in almost every regard. It's cheaper, bigger battery, higher power motor, has a trolley handle, Bluetooth, RGB, better mud protection... The only thing it doesn't have is claimed waterproofing, but I haven't had issues in the rain with the 16S.

Exactly. it's a weird decision to make the A2. The only +1 thing it has for it is waterproofing, but considering it's begode you NEVER KNOW how accurate this "waterproofing" is, even if they did ride it briefly in a lake.

The Mten4 sells well because it's very unique in many ways. It has a strong motor for it's size, it has pretty darn good range for it's size, it's cheap considering EUCs, it's highly convenient and portable, it looks cool... all this makes for a wheel that is unique and affordable with little to no competition. The A2, on the other hand, is less in all aspects when comparing to other wheels of its size beyond waterproofing.

I'd only buy this wheel if I knew I'd be in wet conditions a lot and wanting something to get to point A and B in short distances. If the wetness factor wasn't involved in the equation, I'd have zero reason to buy this wheel when comparing it to others

Edited by BKW
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, BKW said:

I'd only buy this wheel if I knew I'd be in wet conditions a lot and wanting something to get to point A and B in short distances. If the wetness factor wasn't involved in the equation, I'd have zero reason to buy this wheel when comparing it to others

One also can do their own waterproofing. Silicone the motor shut. Water resistant grease in bearings and around bearings. Grease the groves on motor covers, where the bearing sit in. And use "backpack cover" over the EUC itself. Only thing that gets wet is wheel well. 

And when one does their own waterproofing - you know exactly how waterproof it will be. No need to guess how good is it, did the workers in manufacturing missed something and so on..

I and my dad in fall ride almost ever 3rd day in very heavy rain. Be ~4km trip only, still everything gets wet.. And in winter the wheel well gets packed full of snow. And at job/home it melts slowly. (You can't get the snow out of the wheel well, because it gets packed in there.) Wheels are still working fine.

• Like 1

I don't share the negativity towards this wheel that has been shown here on this post.

When the Mten4 came out I thought it was over priced cheap junk. Denis Hagov canned it as such as well. Yet despite this it has been (very?) popular not withstanding everyone complaining about hurt shins/calfs, wobbles and bent alloy frames, damaged headlights and the handle front screw attached mm from a capacitor and numerous software issues. Despite all this people still wanted one. There obviously was a huge demand for something small and fun which Begode filled with their flawed Mten4.

The A2 is basically a Mten4 with a reinforced alloy hull. Better pads and a 15 inch tire instead of 11 and it is selling on Aliexpress 10% cheaper than the Mten4 ($999 vs $1110). In my mind it is better in every way and cheaper. If the Mten4 was popular this should also be a success. I don't think I'll get one but you never know.

Edited by DavidB
add price
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavidB said:

When the Mten4 came out I thought it was over priced cheap junk. Denis Hagov canned it as such as well. Yet despite this it has been (very?) popular

Though, the popularity hasn’t changed it’s overpricedness, cheapness, nor it’s junkiness…

Overpriced cheap junk can still be fun. The A2 might be as well. I think it’s the aspects of lost opportunity that people are disappointed with. Begode could’ve just as well made a similar product but better in every regard.

Again, not guessing anything about the A2 sales figures, as they don’t go hand in hand with the quality anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

Though, the popularity hasn’t changed it’s overpricedness, cheapness, nor it’s junkiness…

Overpriced cheap junk can still be fun. The A2 might be as well. I think it’s the aspects of lost opportunity that people are disappointed with. Begode could’ve just as well made a similar product but better in every regard.

Again, not guessing anything about the A2 sales figures, as they don’t go hand in hand with the quality anyway.

When you see vids of their factory and how they "test" the wheels it explains a lot.

2 hours ago, Drunkard said:

Again this wheel in not aimed for any one of us in this forum.. This wheel is perfect for kids or anyone who want to do any sort of teaching/sharing. If the price is not stupid it will sell just fine.

Or for people who need to travel ~5km distance to work, while going on sidewalks..

• mrelwood changed the title to Begode A2