2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I see zero issues with Begode spitting our lots of different wheels.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy one 🙂

Let's instead put out one wheel a year like some other companies. Oh what fun 😁

I like that they are putting out wheels. It's just the decisions and designs they do sometimes that I'm picking on.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BKW said:

I like that they are putting out wheels. It's just the decisions and designs they do sometimes that I'm picking on.

They certainly make weird choices for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always loved the Mcm5 size, I have a knockoff 14" Id love to replace. I was hoping for something a bit better than mcm5 specs in next model. Pretty disappointed by specs to be honest. The water resistance is cool. Its not enough for me to consider it although.

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2023 at 2:21 AM, Timwheel said:

I was really hoping for a mcm6, 100v, 1350wh (24S3P), the same motor for higher top speed (the free spin should go up to 70 km/h with the voltage increase), which would make for a real 50km/h capable wheel (if needed). I routinely beeped on mine from 42/43 km/h, cruising at 45 was not really possible, only short burst, even though the wheel is insanely stable... It would weight around 18-19 kgs with those specs, so maybe that's already to heavy for a 14".

I also have a mcm5.  A 14" wheel gets dicey after ~40kph.

If they really want a slightly more powerful and slightly faster wheel, they gotta up the stability by changing it to a 16" wheel.  And increase the battery slightly to compensate for the higher speed/voltage sag. 

BOOM, you now have a Tesla V2 ;)

I have a T2 as well.  They are both great for their use cases.  The T2 IS the upgraded mcm5 imo.  

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 11:21 AM, Timwheel said:

I was really hoping for a mcm6, 100v, 1350wh (24S3P), the same motor for higher top speed (the free spin should go up to 70 km/h with the voltage increase), which would make for a real 50km/h capable wheel (if needed). I routinely beeped on mine from 42/43 km/h, cruising at 45 was not really possible, only short burst, even though the wheel is insanely stable... It would weight around 18-19 kgs with those specs, so maybe that's already to heavy for a 14".

That's what A2 should have been... But instead of 14". A real 16" would be better. ~22Kg wheel.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joeboots said:

What's the point?

Amateur oceanography ! Since the dawn of time mankind has longed to wheel about underwater, and now, thanks to Begode, we can !

(at least until all the inevitable problems surface ! Cue the lakes of dead fish etc etc)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BKW said:

LeaperKim comes out with a wheel that makes sense. Begode drops a wheel that doesn't make much sense. 

What's the difference?

Are you talking about Fatton? 16" wheel that weighs ~40kg? How does it make sense? :D Both wheels make no sense. Now you can say: What's the difference.

1 hour ago, joeboots said:

So it's an mten4 with a bigger tire and an added ~20lbs? What's the point?

If it's the same wheel as mTen4 - only tire weight should have been added. Aside of added weight of "bigger" build. How much weight can that be ~5lbs?

14 hours ago, Funky said:

Are you talking about Fatton? 16" wheel that weighs ~40kg? How does it make sense? :D Both wheels make no sense. Now you can say: What's the difference.

Well, considering it's the only wheel on the market at that size that's 126 volt, has first class suspension (likely), super durable, good sized battery for that size wheel... and you're complaining about it being 87lbs!?

Now, let's compare all that to the A2... think hard...real hard...keep thinking...

Hm, waterproof? Uh... larger wheel diameter than the mten4? Uhhh....

Point proven well I think (please revert back to the Dr Dre song above again)

Edited by BKW

For me is interesting EUC  depends how torque motor be perform i no have problem own EUC what can ride 20Km/h max thisis fully aceptable for me in this category.

Street tire by default and torque motor if power be 0,5 X more power comapare to mten4 this be big plus for me.

I think this A2 for my daughter or for me usable very short rides 2 miles ETC.

I just wait for some reviews in future lucky i not jump on hypetrain mten4 and sadly mten3 is out of stock forever in central europe. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

For me is interesting EUC  depends how torque motor be perform i no have problem own EUC what can ride 20Km/h max thisis fully aceptable for me in this category.

Street tire by default and torque motor if power be 0,5 X more power comapare to mten4 this be big plus for me.

I think this A2 for my daughter or for me usable very short rides 2 miles ETC.

I just wait for some reviews in future lucky i not jump on hypetrain mten4 and sadly mten3 is out of stock forever in central europe. 

Doh i still think that 1000W motor is "kinda" weak. If i'm pulling ~2650W regularly on my 18xl. Am i right to think that 1000W A2 will be to small for me? (Peak power after most of my rides are those ~2650W)

4 hours ago, BKW said:

Well, considering it's the only wheel on the market at that size that's 126 volt, has first class suspension (likely), super durable, good sized battery for that size wheel... and you're complaining about it being 87lbs!?

Now, let's compare all that to the A2... think hard...real hard...keep thinking...

Well after thinking really hard. I would 100% take the shitty underpowered A2 over the 40kg wheel. (Again that's me.. And my use case.) I need daily to ride ~5 km. I ride on sidewalks. And most times i'm wearing only wrist guards going around 20km/h speed. Now you think really hard and keep thinking... Would Fatton make sense for me? :D 

I agree spec white Fatton is amazing, but that weight.. Even kingsong 16x is much better in my eyes. Ohh and let's not forget that i would take non-suspension wheel, over suspension everyday. Simply because i need something robust and i don't wanna mess around with suspension.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Funky said:

Well after thinking really hard. I would 100% take the shitty underpowered A2 over the 40kg wheel.

You might have to practice your somersaults with the A2 though. Those specs do not match your weight very well at all.

Now you think really hard and keep thinking... Would Fatton make sense for me? :D

It absolutely would! If you didn’t have to carry the wheel up to your flat that is. Since you do, there are a lot of other wheels that would make much more sense.

let's not forget that i would take non-suspension wheel, over suspension everyday. Simply because i need something robust and i don't wanna mess around with suspension.

I don’t think anyone at this forum is going to be able to forget that one, I think it’s been made relatively clear by now. :lol:

But the point of suspension is definitely not having to “mess around” with it. You don’t mess around with car suspension either. It’s there, and it does its job until it wears out. The Veteran suspension system might be the closest thing there is to that in the world of EUCs.

Besides, you charge your wheel after every 50km or so. That’s something you have to do to your wheel to keep it going. Having to maintenance the shocks every 1-2 years really shouldn’t be much of an issue.

5 hours ago, BKW said:

Now, let's compare all that to the A2

Why the A2? It’s a very different kind of wheel from every aspect. How about comparing to the other ~2200Wh wheels instead?

S22 performance is roughly in the same ballpark. It has a larger tire yet being a good bit lighter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BKW said:

A2 makes a lot of sense.. There are plenty of different use case scenarios for it. The price just needs to be right and it will outsell all the other wheels. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

You might have to practice your somersaults with the A2 though. Those specs do not match your weight very well at all.

It absolutely would! If you didn’t have to carry the wheel up to your flat that is. Since you do, there are a lot of other wheels that would make much more sense.

I don’t think anyone at this forum is going to be able to forget that one, I think it’s been made relatively clear by now. :lol:

But the point of suspension is definitely not having to “mess around” with it. You don’t mess around with car suspension either. It’s there, and it does its job until it wears out. The Veteran suspension system might be the closest thing there is to that in the world of EUCs.

Besides, you charge your wheel after every 50km or so. That’s something you have to do to your wheel to keep it going. Having to maintenance the shocks every 1-2 years really shouldn’t be much of an issue.

I already know that 1000W motor is TOO weak for me. As i'm regularly getting ~2650W on my 18xl.

If i need to fix or mess around with suspension only once per 1-2 years. I'm okay with that.

Reading and looking T4, Master, S18, S22 treads and the problems with their suspensions doesn't give me much of a confidence in suspension. I get that having suspension on EUC are amazing! And best thing made/invented till now..

But suspension have not won me over yet. Till i see something actually good. Like S-S suspensions made on more wheels, then maybe..

And yes i know big wheels make sense for my 125kg heavy ass. I simply don't need the range they have. I would love to have something similar to SHERMAN Max with 1000-1500Wh battery. :D (Big wheel for heavy asses. But still somewhat light. - 30kg max.)

Edited by Funky

3 hours ago, Funky said:

Reading and looking T4, Master, S18, S22 treads and the problems with their suspensions doesn't give me much of a confidence in suspension.

What, Begode doesn’t give You much confidence in their design…? How can it be?!

All manufacturers are still learning how to make an EUC suspension. LeaperKim is winning the race at the moment, that’s where you should be looking at first if you want a minimum hassle suspension. Inmotion second. I’m hoping good things from the V14.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

What, Begode doesn’t give You much confidence in their design…? How can it be?!

All manufacturers are still learning how to make an EUC suspension. LeaperKim is winning the race at the moment, that’s where you should be looking at first if you want a minimum hassle suspension. Inmotion second. I’m hoping good things from the V14.

Nah begode are top notch performance to price wheels. All i'm saying i would love to buy a wheel from high end dealership, not from backyard.. :D

Yeah i keep looking their way. But only thing i keep seeing is 40kg++ wheels. :D That's the only and main problem of mine.

More and more it seems i will need to get solid-state battery wheel. If i want something light. Hope they come out in next ~4 years.. Comander mini, V14, T4, Fatton, S16 all of them are 16" wheels. And over 30kg. (Aside of T4, which is at ~30kg.) 

In my mind all 16" wheels should be around 30kg or lighter.. That's my grape. Simply because at ~40kg weight you start getting real 18" wheels. If small vs big wheel weight is almost the same. Why one would even think about buying the smaller wheel? (Ofc price difference and such. But i would argue if you already spending 3K$, why not spend 4-5K$ and get much better wheel.)

• Upvote 1

A2 is a disappointing follow-up to the MCM5 v2, but it might have modding potential.

Consider a 100V A2

If it's using the same control board as the Mten4, it should also have the capacity to handle 100V.

This might push the free-spin from 53kph to 60kph which should result in about a 48kph top speed.

• mrelwood changed the title to Begode A2