I did the MTB thing for a while.  I am just a gear whore at heart and like expensive toys.  Bought a Kaabo Mantis King GT a month before I saw a video on EUCs and that has to go now lol.  Such a niche market and in my area, I've only seen one and it was a cheap one.  I also saw some Surron and Talaria videos and thought maybe that could be my new thing.  Just no trails here to really enjoy that and not ready for another investment.  I think I've been the one keeping our economy going haha.

19 hours ago, Bigkidneys said:

I did the MTB thing for a while.  I am just a gear whore at heart and like expensive toys.  Bought a Kaabo Mantis King GT a month before I saw a video on EUCs and that has to go now lol.  Such a niche market and in my area, I've only seen one and it was a cheap one.  I also saw some Surron and Talaria videos and thought maybe that could be my new thing.  Just no trails here to really enjoy that and not ready for another investment.  I think I've been the one keeping our economy going haha.I

Mountain bike riding and then racing came along as a gift from God at a time in my life I really needed it.  I was in my 30s & having been an athlete my entire life, I just had reinjured my knee (prior ACL & meniscus injury.  Orthopedic surgeon told me no more basketball, volleyball, running, or anything with abrupt side-to-side movements.  No more 12.5 mi weekend run, weekday training, or competitive sports.  Picked up a cheap MTB just to start riding, began going up to trails in NC, and then racing.  I have missed the trails, the workouts, and the competition - stumbled across a one-wheel video on the trails & thought "COOL!"  Didn't take long to then see EUC video, pondered a little, and realized the One Wheel was a joke.  Blind order of A2 & here I am.

Acually back when I began riding MTBs I lived on the east coast & was into standup jet skis.  Love of MTBs & the mountains moved me off the coast, but the powered watersports were quite cool.  Now, I have seen some amazing electric water devices, and if I lived down where you are I would be tempted to splurge on an E-foil (pricey!) or even TRY to find an old (early 90s) Yamaha Superjet like I used to have.  It does require transport to the place to ride (unless you live on the water), but so did MTBs.  Although I can ride an EUC in my neighborhood, I would not venture out onto the 2 lane road outside with the A2.  The CMini would be fast & powerful enough ONCE I had sufficient skills.

As I have also written elsewhere, 29er MTBs were a very positive development, the improved rollover made full suspension not necessary for cross country racing 20 years ago.  In the same light, I suspect the Lynx would be better on rocky, rooty trails than the Patton/Mini/Extreme/V14 for the same reason.  I am not willing to throw that much money into this quite yet compared to Mini prices - and I really an unclear what trails I could get away riding on!  I suspect that riding at Oak Mtn State Park in Birmingham (amazing MTB/hiking trails system) would NOT be acceptable, but really don't know.  I suspect that there are E-MTBs out there, I need to actually find out.

Enough jabbering!  If you ever are heading north, let me know.  And I will DEFINITELY reach out if I head to the beach, although I prefer the mountains for getaways.

Oh ... I also have spent too much time & $$ on forced induction LSx 4 wheel vehicles, having a real love for the Aussie variants ;)  For a true money pit see below:

Spoiler

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OldSolo said:

Mountain bike riding and then racing came along as a gift from God at a time in my life I really needed it.  I was in my 30s & having been an athlete my entire life, I just had reinjured my knee (prior ACL & meniscus injury.  Orthopedic surgeon told me no more basketball, volleyball, running, or anything with abrupt side-to-side movements.  No more 12.5 mi weekend run, weekday training, or competitive sports.  Picked up a cheap MTB just to start riding, began going up to trails in NC, and then racing.  I have missed the trails, the workouts, and the competition - stumbled across a one-wheel video on the trails & thought "COOL!"  Didn't take long to then see EUC video, pondered a little, and realized the One Wheel was a joke.  Blind order of A2 & here I am.

Acually back when I began riding MTBs I lived on the east coast & was into standup jet skis.  Love of MTBs & the mountains moved me off the coast, but the powered watersports were quite cool.  Now, I have seen some amazing electric water devices, and if I lived down where you are I would be tempted to splurge on an E-foil (pricey!) or even TRY to find an old (early 90s) Yamaha Superjet like I used to have.  It does require transport to the place to ride (unless you live on the water), but so did MTBs.  Although I can ride an EUC in my neighborhood, I would not venture out onto the 2 lane road outside with the A2.  The CMini would be fast & powerful enough ONCE I had sufficient skills.

As I have also written elsewhere, 29er MTBs were a very positive development, the improved rollover made full suspension not necessary for cross country racing 20 years ago.  In the same light, I suspect the Lynx would be better on rocky, rooty trails than the Patton/Mini/Extreme/V14 for the same reason.  I am not willing to throw that much money into this quite yet compared to Mini prices - and I really an unclear what trails I could get away riding on!  I suspect that riding at Oak Mtn State Park in Birmingham (amazing MTB/hiking trails system) would NOT be acceptable, but really don't know.  I suspect that there are E-MTBs out there, I need to actually find out.

Enough jabbering!  If you ever are heading north, let me know.  And I will DEFINITELY reach out if I head to the beach, although I prefer the mountains for getaways.

Oh ... I also have spent too much time & $$ on forced induction LSx 4 wheel vehicles, having a real love for the Aussie variants ;)  For a true money pit see below:

Reveal hidden contents

Man we sound similar lol.  What's crazy is I work in orthopedics and have for almost 30 years.  I saw the videos and said that looks crazy enough to try and here I am lol.  Yeah, we live on Innerarity Island just off Perdido Key.  We have a Hobie Tandem Trimaran we started playing with again last summer.  I've used to be into kayak fishing which was another expensive hobby at one time.  Then came photography which wasn't cheaper either haha.  Yeah, man anytime you are down this way shoot me a message and we can try and hook up.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find any information about what cells are used other than on ewheels site. Is it 50s for all new wheels or only on ewheels? Got an order from Aliexpress eu.

Any other updates? I see newer unboxing videos it has a full blue rim and a blue guard for headlight.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 9:50 PM, Mcfoster said:

I can't find any information about what cells are used other than on ewheels site. Is it 50s for all new wheels or only on ewheels? Got an order from Aliexpress eu.

I will answer my own question. It said 50GB on the box so I think it's safe to say that is what is used if not bought from ewheels.

One big issue I noticed is that the top cover easily cracks. Either the screws was overtorqued from factory or it is cracked when lifting the wheel by the handle as all the weight from the wheel is supported only by the screws in the plastic cover.

I'm thinking of printing some m3 washers in TPU that may ease the load on the cover. Or is there another better solution the community has come up with?

My wheel also shows 82.4v in the app when fully charged. But when measuring the pack with a multimeter I get close to 84v.

20240215_143255.jpg

Edited by Mcfoster

1 hour ago, Mcfoster said:

One big issue I noticed is that the top cover easily cracks. Either the screws was overtorqued from factory or it is cracked when lifting the wheel by the handle as all the weight from the wheel is supported only by the screws in the plastic cover.

And that's right there why i didn't buy the A2. Because i KNEW!!! the dam cover will crack. And start letting water true...

Hurp Durp let's dangle all the dam weight by some screws that are held in plastic. Duperty Derp. Monkey's at work..

1 hour ago, Mcfoster said:

I'm thinking of printing some m3 washers in TPU that may ease the load on the cover. Or is there another better solution the community has come up with?

Hardware store sells hard rubber washers. I would use them. Even better result would be if you place bigger steel washers at the end. And put the rubber washers in between the wheel cover and steel washers.

Steel washers wont let the screw head "slip" true the washer (which in rubber case would happen.) And the rubber washer will stop any water ingress and will give some play. To relieve any stress points that solid washer would give otherwise on plastic.. 

Also the bigger washers in diameter - the better. Less stress on small area, less chance of new cracks in plastic..

Edited by Funky

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

Some russian guy has a 100V A2. Anyone know whether it's a mod or official?

Modified. And that fits the theme I've noticed of russians modifying things like EUCs to high levels of sketchiness and then later having them burn down to no surprise. 

9 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

Some russian guy has a 100V A2. Anyone know whether it's a mod or official?

The mTen4 board is capable of 100V with a firmware flash and a 100V battery pack.
The A2, using the same board, would be relatively straightforward to do the same thing.

I'd be worried about there not being enough safety factor on the components. For instance, the capacitors are only rated for 160V.

10 hours ago, Asphalt said:

I'd be worried about there not being enough safety factor on the components. For instance, the capacitors are only rated for 160V.

160v capacitors are used in 100v wheels since the beginning without issues, since the 100v msx :)

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 4:26 AM, Asphalt said:

The mTen4 board is capable of 100V with a firmware flash and a 100V battery pack.
The A2, using the same board, would be relatively straightforward to do the same thing.

Delight Device ( the Russian guy) did a similar mod on a tesla V2 a few years ago. (100V, 1280wh, 21700 3p, Nikola MB). It looked like he added extra capacitors. 

Edited by DavidB

8 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

The A2+ is up for pre-order on eWheels but it says the top speed is the same.

https://www.ewheels.com/product/begode-a2/
So it looks like the A2+ is aptly named, with incremental improvements to reliability, cooling, and reduced battery sag - the wheel should have more useable range and a longer lifetime.
Is it worth upgrading from an A2? Probably not. 
But if you're in the market for this type of wheel, then it makes sense to get the A2+ over the A2.

Still hoping for a 100V 1500W version...perhaps an A3?

54 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Still hoping for a 100V 1500W version...perhaps an A3?

Reminds me something.. Oh yeah that wide boy named Falcon.

I'm waiting for better built wheel in A2 weight. (Better carry/trolley handle. Not something that holds all weight by some screws, true plastic, that cracks over time.)

But yes.. I also would like to see something with 100V, 1500W and 800-1000Wh battery. Weight ~20kg. Updated mcm5/tesla. 1700-2000$.

Edited by Funky