21 hours ago, Funky said:

I may get A2 batch 7 or 8.

Didn’t you want a wheel that doesn’t require tinkering and maintenance? :P And I do recall you saying that you won’t get yourself a Begode. What changed? Other than the fact that no other new sub 20kg wheels exist?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Didn’t you want a wheel that doesn’t require tinkering and maintenance? :P And I do recall you saying that you won’t get yourself a Begode. What changed? Other than the fact that no other new sub 20kg wheels exist?

All before released begode models where shit. New ones also are kinda.. But there are no sub 20kg wheels out there, that are somewhat waterproof and has big diameter tire. As i want to install aftermarket M/C tire.

Does A2 needs to be tinkered/maintained a lot? I did say "may" get it. I still would like to have 12" rim at least, not 10"..

Also not a fan how the carry handle is connected to motherboard top cover.. All weight is carried true motherboard apartment crews. Over time the screws may loosen up and start letting water in. So i'm not really a fan of A2 also. But it's the only wheel that has been released in 20kg weight. Which as you know saddens me quit a lot.

I would prefer to get Inmotion & Kingsong wheel. But they both released their 16" in 30kg+ weight. Such a waste. They keep trying to make smaller wheels the same performance as big ones. :facepalm:

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

But it's the only wheel that has been released in 20kg weight.

The A2 weighs 21.1kg as can be seen here. The scale seems legit and I could myself replicate the seen weight of the new V8F from this scale too.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mono said:

The A2 weighs 21.1kg as can be seen here. The scale seems legit and I could myself replicate the seen weight of the new V8F from this scale too.

Yeah saw it also.. Kinda dumb that manufacturer page says 19kg.. Same for most sellers. But real weight is over 20kg. :furious: At 21kg it's to close to mine 26kg 18xl.. Meaning it isn't even worth considering then. :efeee20b79:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've had mine for a few days, my other wheel is a V11.  This is a squirrely little bugger in comparison, especially at the proper 40 psi.  Also, not sure about how sturdy it is, as after a drop I was able to tap part of the side straight with a rubber mallet. I don't think it has a smart BMS, and no information shows up for the cells. 

Silly question for a Begode Newbie: Is there a way to manual set the alarms? It keeps going off at 20mph regardless of turning level 1 or 2 alarm off. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Funky said:

A2 uses 10" rim right.. But what's it's whole tire diameter?

As we’re waiting for someone to measure theirs… The outer Dian better should be as much over the rim diameter as other 3” knobbies. If a 14” rim with a knobby makes it close to 20”, a 10” rim with a knobby is close to 16” outer diameter. Within an inch from a 16x2.125” of a 16S.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrelwood said:

As we’re waiting for someone to measure theirs… The outer Dian better should be as much over the rim diameter as other 3” knobbies. If a 14” rim with a knobby makes it close to 20”, a 10” rim with a knobby is close to 16” outer diameter. Within an inch from a 16x2.125” of a 16S.

Thanks mrSherlock Holmes <3

1b895919-6c58-469d-9fc2-e927a3b47701_tex

Like i didn't know that. :D That's why i wanted to know it's "real" diameter/size. (Remember i was searching tires for my 18xl.. I know what every measurement mean and how ducked up the sizing charts are, especial for knobbies and M/C tires..)

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

I wonder if there are gonna be any updates done for the A2 - like  "V2" versions or they're gonna fully focus on the Extreme and next new wheels. I really want it for the safer winter riding and riding in rainy days because of the wide knobby, waterproofing (vs the V8F), but not sure if there's any point of waiting before ordering. 

Sucks I'm gonna have to give up the lightweight and skinny V8F, tho. A2 prolly won't be as good for the rare "take it with you in __ official place or up a lot of stairs as a short commuter" as it's also ~6 kg more than V8F, but wheels nowadays don't give you all you want. x) 

For some even V5, KS14D, or Mten4 (the smaller wheels in general) can be the one and only wheel they would ever need. Be for commuting to job daily or simply goofing off.

Sure - most of the people that are on this forum have multiple wheels, or have one of those "monster" euc's that goes xx fast and have xx range.. (Most of the new wheels.)

Only the user can choose which wheel is perfect for their needs.

I personally haven't found the "perfect" euc yet.. Simply because every single new euc is around 30kg or heavier. A2 and Mten4 was the only 2 new wheels released in past ~4 years that was lighter than 25kg.

I'm still waiting something to be released in ~20kg weight class. Be with/without suspension - i don't really care. Just release something lighter.. :D Most new wheels now come with real smart BMS and stronger hollow bore motor. Those two upgrades alone would make all rest "older" models not worth looking at even. Add water rating.. And that new sub 20kg wheel would sell like cupcakes. :wub:

If begode didn't simply put Mten4 motor/battery inside A2, but actually made new/stronger one. Then A2 would have sold/done much better.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

I mean wide knobby tire on a wheel with some good water resistance, spiked hollow pedals and not being 30kgs is exactly what you (I) want for a winter salt/snow/slush/rain wheel.. :D It would also give my girl more range and stability than the V8F.. :) If I wasn't looking for a winter/rain wheel, then yeah, it would not make much sense in taking A2 over KS18L.

I don't know of any other real options for those shit conditions that would provide maximum support out of the box for bad weather traction this year. :efefb6a84e: I just know the skinny V8F in the snows/slushes/ice patches was quite exhausting last winter even when riding just 3-5km to the office and I think A2 perks should be an incredible upgrade.

Edited by Phonoman

1 hour ago, Phonoman said:

I mean wide knobby tire on a wheel with some good water resistance, spiked hollow pedals and not being 30kgs is exactly what you (I) want for a winter salt/snow/slush/rain wheel.. :D It would also give my girl more range and stability than the V8F.. :) If I wasn't looking for a winter/rain wheel, then yeah, it would not make much sense in taking A2 over KS18L.

I don't know of any other real options for those shit conditions that would provide maximum support out of the box for bad weather traction this year. :efefb6a84e: I just know the skinny V8F in the snows/slushes/ice patches was quite exhausting last winter even when riding just 3-5km to the office and I think A2 perks should be an incredible upgrade.

I had a chance to look at A2 in person today. Was in euc store.. (Also Mten4. It's so small compared to A2) Dam that tire is so wide and huge. Just love it! :wub: You can simply screw in some big studs for winter and you are set.. Having studded tire for winter.

Dam i love how A2 looks in life! Sad that it's 21kg.. If it where 19kg - i would have bought it.

V11Y comes to mind with IP6X (or what ever it had) rating for water. But at ~30kg it's simply to huge and heavy. (Side by side V11 to my 18xl - it's so big..)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Phonoman said:

I think A2 perks should be an incredible upgrade.

To the V8 it surely is. But I hope you get to try a 18/20” knobby one day to feel what really works well in the winter! The wheel diameter really is a big deal.

• Like 1

I’m on the fence about buying an A2. I’m a new rider about 3-4 hours of experience.  I have an Mten4 getting use to it but feel a larger wheel would be more stable for longer rides. I don’t want to spend much for a second wheel and don’t feel suspension ie necessary for the type of riding I’m interested In. Mostly riding around the neighbourhood.  Would you recommend the A2?    

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jamez said:

I’m on the fence about buying an A2. I’m a new rider about 3-4 hours of experience.  I have an Mten4 getting use to it but feel a larger wheel would be more stable for longer rides. I don’t want to spend much for a second wheel and don’t feel suspension ie necessary for the type of riding I’m interested In. Mostly riding around the neighbourhood.  Would you recommend the A2?    

I'm personally waiting for kingsong S14. :D (All new wheels are simply 2 big.. And 2 heavy..)

But yeah A2 will be much, much better ride than Mten4.. Bigger wheel/tire = better. BUT performance will be worse than Mten4. As A2 has the same battery/motor as Mten4.

They simply took same setup and put bigger case/wheel..

Also check out KS18L.. It's 18" wheel, with more speed/range and only 1kg heavier than A2. If looks doesn't matter to you - it's simply right out better wheel than A2.

• Upvote 1

• mrelwood changed the title to Begode A2