16 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

well there was that one time with the Master...

Yes, Chinese safety standards for workers might not be that great.

Spoiler

https://www.safetynewsalert.com/worker-fatalities-how-does-china-compare-to-u-s/

March 4, 2010

Worker fatalities: How does China compare to U.S.?

China says 83,196 people lost their lives in work-related incidents last year.

China’s State Administration of Work Safety reported 380,000 incidents in the workplace that caused death or injury.

How does that stack up compared to the U.S.?

To put the situation into perspective, the U.S. has a workforce of 155 million, while China has over five times that amount, at about 801 million.

The U.S. reported 5,071 worker deaths in 2008.

Approximately 14 workers die per day in the U.S. compared to 228 in China.

Edited by Paul A

35 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

20Kg?

Should be under 20kg. Or at least around there. Otherwise kingsong 16X/18XL would beat it...

12 minutes ago, BKW said:

15 inch wheel with 750wh battery? Ehhh, why?

Why not? Perfect commuter wheel. Home > train/bus > job. Or if you got ~4 miles trip daily.

At least something in lightweight class finally over ~4 years! (I don'' count mTen4.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mhpr262 said:

Great all-weather commuter or last-five-miles wheel?

Personally i would have loved a "real" 16" wheel. Which has 17.5" tire. Or even better a real 18" one. (Doh i can see 18" wheel being to big on this thing.)

Edited by Funky

2 minutes ago, BKW said:

Get caught in a downpour? Bring this thing out?

:D As someone who uses EUC as a transportation device. Not just a "hobby". I don't care what weather is outside. I need to be places - i ride.

That's why ALL EUC's should be waterproof! As a rule!

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

:D As someone who uses EUC as a transportation device. Not just a "hobby". I don't care what weather is outside. I need to be places - i ride.

That's why ALL EUC's should be waterproof! As a rule!

Maybe you should throw a Begode designer in the lake instead? Maybe this will encourage them further? 😜

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BKW said:

Maybe you should throw a Begode designer in the lake instead? Maybe this will encourage them further? 😜

I just don't understand.. These devices are made for outdoors. Yet aren't protected against elements? Like WTF??? They don't understand that it's raining outside? And people need to be places. No-one will wait for the rain to stop. If you need to be specific time at job or place.

One would think - that would be number one rule that needs to be updated/added. In fall I'm riding in very heavy rain almost every second/third day. :D (Thank god for backpack rain covers over EUC. Also thank god for silicone - silicone all motor, everything shut.)

Edited by Funky

The guy rode it under water. 

I would be worried  about the wheel bearings.

If the bearings did not get water damaged, that would be very impressive.

Are they using marine grease plus waterproof bearing seals?

This thing is ideal to have around swimming pools. You don’t have to tell everyone not to ride so close to the pool.

I think the best part is when it is time to clean the mud and guck off. Just pressure wash it.

Come to think of it, this could be a good winter wheel.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

A bit of a surprise from Begode to come out with an Mfourteen. But to have the Mten specs is quite a letdown.

Typical Begode advertising to go fully overboard when trying to prove something in their videos! How about a wheel that can actually go 150km/h… in the trunk of a car. :roflmao:

Anyone else grin when the guy in the video is riding the allegedly “spiked pedals” barefoot?? They definitely couldn’t have done it with my spiked X-Road pedals! I’ve tried.

Edit: What’s with the naming though? Master, EX30, Mten, A2… No common consensus whatsoever.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

What’s with the naming though? Master, EX30, Mten, A2… No common consensus whatsoever.

Haha, true. I never even noticed that.

I give respect to Begode for engineering these wheel regardless, but Begode is a comedy to me

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Somehow i think it should have a ~1200Wh battery pack and 2.000-2.500W motor. And real 16" NOT 14" tire...

Like mentioned these specs looks kind disappointing. For a "middle" range wheel.

It makes me laugh... :D Manufacturers go and make wheels like mTen4. Or big monsters... They can't find the good ~25kg wheel spot! To big or to small, only two options.

If i'm drawing ~2600W every ride from my wheel. I'm right to think that 1000W motor will be to small for me? (Or you can't compare it like that?)

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.d65694156ee7c1e58e1265b268da0ac7.png

They must have a lot of old stock if they are pushing 84V controller with this wheel. The 100V commuter wheel never came to light, though I do remember some assembly line pics, but that could have been of the T3.

57 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

:roflmao:

Anyone else grin when the guy in the video is riding the allegedly “spiked pedals” barefoot?? They definitely couldn’t have done it with my spiked X-Road pedals! I’ve tried.

The best grin is that he is wearing a helmet ;)

46 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

What’s with the naming though?

A2 is an Australian brand of milk, milk powder, infant formula.

In 2008, China had a milk powder/infant formula scandal and crisis.

https://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/3051808/foreign-brands-still-dominate-parents-do-not-trust-chinas-home

300,000 children in China were poisoned after drinking infant milk that contained melamine, a chemical used in plastics.

Six babies were killed by the toxic substance, which was used by 22 companies to artificially boost the protein levels that showed up in nutrition tests.

Those responsible were punished with sentences ranging from lengthy prison terms to the death penalty.

Foreign brands are seen as “way more trustworthy” and this reputation is likely to last for very long time, EIU says

_______

At one stage, desperate Chinese parents were paying exorbitant prices to have people in Australia buy and send infant formula, via social media such as Weibo, Ebay, etc.

Supermarket shelves in Australia were rapidly depleted and emptied.

Limits were implemented, physical fights erupted between customers in stores.

Perhaps Begode was personally impacted and now paying homage?

• Sad 1

• mrelwood changed the title to Begode A2