God Mod- Buyer Beware.

The Brahan Seer

5 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

there is no special sauce. its just capacitors wired

sure, to the ignorant eye there's no special sauce... common folk cannot understand the science and only see 'wires'. This is a bit of a long read, but it explains in detail how a 1 meter RCA audio patch cable is processed to make it superior enough to justify its 61CAD cost. Each. I do understand that high temperature treated cables are even better but they're quite spendy indeed (and difficult to find).

https://www.takefiveaudio.com/contents/89-cryo

Edited by Tawpie
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

long read

The crucial paragraph that explains it all concisely.

How does it work?
Cryogenic Processing of metal at temperatures at or below -195 C causes molecular changes to occur. As metal objects cool, they shrink. With the -195 C temperature and shrinkage that results from LN2 immersion, the crystal boundaries of metal conductors align more closely with one another increasing conductivity and reducing noise. The tightened grain structure stays intact through the slow warming process and is stable at room temperature and in the case of vacuum tubes, remains stable at operating temperature. The change is permanent.

4 hours ago, Paul A said:

https://vitalityair.com/

Vitality Air

Vitality-Air.png

“In a sport where I am pushing my body to the limits, oxygen is a great recovery tool both on and off the field. I use it between events so that I am ready to tackle the next event head on at 100%. Vitality Air definately hit the nail on the head with their products!”

10l-twin-pack_1024x1024.jpg?v=1529531577

Twin Pack of Premium Oxygen 10L

Package of two of our 10L bottles of 95% Pure Premium Oxygen. Provides Upwards Of 200 Inhalations!

Our 10L brushed aluminum bottle filled with 95% pure premium oxygen.

• Guaranteed purity & freshness with our high grade single piece bottle

• Innovative spray cap for precision delivery

• Meticulously checked for imperfections by quality control

• Fits comfortably within your purse, satchel, gym bag or backpack

• Lasts up to 200 one second inhalations

• Weighs: 140 g

$55.00 $45.00

Very funny you should post this. This short video was posted recently about bottled air. But in this case it is for legitimate scientific reference.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Roadpower said:

air

Spoiler

What Antarctic ice cores tell us about climate change | Natural History Museum

174K subscribers

Mar 26, 2012

Scientists from the British Antarctic Survey are drilling ice cores in the Antarctic and analysing them to find out what the Earth's temperature and carbon dioxide levels were like in the past.

In this video, Ice Core Scientist Nerilie Abram reveals how we recover and study ice through the ages, and how this gives us an insight into how the Earth's climate is changing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tawpie said:

detail how a 1 meter RCA audio patch cable is processed to make it superior enough to justify its 61CAD cost

You intended this as an example of a bunch of bs that sounds good to try to justify price when the effect for the end application (audio signal transmission) is basically zero but it convinces people to part with their money, right? I think that went over some people's heads.

11 hours ago, Funky said:

should start selling my own shit. (Literally shit.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist's_Shit

Artist's Shit

Artist's Shit (Italian: Merda d'artista) is a 1961 artwork by the Italian artist Piero Manzoni. The work consists of 90 tin cans, each reportedly filled with 30 grams (1.1 oz) of faeces, and measuring 4.8 by 6.5 centimetres (1.9 in × 2.6 in), with a label in Italian, English, French, and German stating:

Artist's Shit
Contents 30 gr net
Freshly preserved
Produced and tinned
in May 1961

A tin was sold for 124,000 at Sotheby's on May 23, 2007.[6] In October 2008, tin 83 was offered for sale at Sotheby's with an estimate of £50,000–70,000. It sold for £97,250. On October 16, 2015, tin 54 was sold at Christies for £182,500. In August 2016, at an art auction in Milan, one of the tins sold for a new record of €275,000, including auction fees.[7] The tins were originally to be valued according to their equivalent weight in gold – $37 each in 1961 – with the price fluctuating according to the market.[3]

640px-Piero_Manzoni_-_Merda_D'artista_(1

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist's_Shit

Artist's Shit

Artist's Shit (Italian: Merda d'artista) is a 1961 artwork by the Italian artist Piero Manzoni. The work consists of 90 tin cans, each reportedly filled with 30 grams (1.1 oz) of faeces, and measuring 4.8 by 6.5 centimetres (1.9 in × 2.6 in), with a label in Italian, English, French, and German stating:

Artist's Shit
Contents 30 gr net
Freshly preserved
Produced and tinned
in May 1961

A tin was sold for 124,000 at Sotheby's on May 23, 2007.[6] In October 2008, tin 83 was offered for sale at Sotheby's with an estimate of £50,000–70,000. It sold for £97,250. On October 16, 2015, tin 54 was sold at Christies for £182,500. In August 2016, at an art auction in Milan, one of the tins sold for a new record of €275,000, including auction fees.[7] The tins were originally to be valued according to their equivalent weight in gold – $37 each in 1961 – with the price fluctuating according to the market.[3]

640px-Piero_Manzoni_-_Merda_D'artista_(1

Darn...! Someone already beat me to it. There goes my chance.

• Haha 2

On 2/9/2023 at 7:17 PM, mrelwood said:

dont forget that the weigth, mass and material of the wooden knob will prevent high and especially low pitch volumen bursts vibrations to reach inside the pot, and thereby have a stabilizing effect on the continuous and undistorted music delivered to the innocent listener.

yes i really mean it  I mean, mean. oh and now that i took the time to read what's in the link i can see, that the claims are exactly the same,funny😁

Edited by Robse
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

But to give a quick synopsis of my findings, subjectively there is a slight difference to the ride feel using the capacitor mod. Empirically however it failed all my tests. 

Will you now add capacitors directly to the board?

Not using your big capacitors, but using the same ones already on the board. You just have to solder onto the existing leads.

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Will you now add capacitors directly to the board?

Not using your big capacitors, but using the same ones already on the board. You just have to solder onto the existing leads.

no , A) there really isnt much room in the control box of the ex20 and i would need to add extensions to make them fit. 

B ) i dont really want to modify the control board in any type of permanent fasion like that.

C) i dont see what difference it would make to use smaller capacitors that are still just wired in parralel as far as i understand it. we can safely assume they are not wired in series to the batteries since there are 2 seperate 160v capacitors on the board, and wiring them to 320v makes no sense they would be tragically inefficient that way. 

i know there is some effect increase to be had by reducing the resistance between the capacotors and the power delivery but considering im using capacitors 10x stronger than the ones on the board theres no way im losing anywhere near that much efficiency to the wiring

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 11:59 PM, Chriull said:

Putting supercaps in series needs load balancing like bms do. Otherwise it will lead to problems similar to charging li ion cell packs once they age/degrade.

Also such amounts of capacities with low esr could maybe lead to serious overburdening of the controller - they could rely on not instant current availability.

As low speed torque could be just intentionaly limited by firmware to protect the mosfets and wires.

Putting some farads  inbetween is some real major intervention!

Adding some milli farads near the mosfets and/or the controller already greatly increases peak current availability without endangering the design.

Question: Do low ESR capacitors of the size like GOD MOD even exist? If the capacitors would not be low ESR I cannot imagine them of any use...