God Mod- Buyer Beware.

The Brahan Seer

Maybe the prominent YouTube influencers need to make comment.

There are many aspects.

Declan censorship/silencing critics with bans.

No evidence, dubious claims.

Exorbitant price.

Etc..

Go George Go seems to be the only one making an objective, rational analysis.

Black Cobra, Sensei Vegan are not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BatteryMooch said:

And for someone who claims a science background it’s inexcusable IMO.

Just ask him which edition of Horowitz and Hill he owns, and on which page he'll find the reason his mod works.

You know what his answer will be, and he's already demonstrated what that means.

All this mod does, all it can do, is make the leading edge of the pulse less trapezoidal when the mosfets open up.  It makes the leading edge "more square".  There's a whole big freakin thread on PWM tiltback, guys. This entire topic was answered in it, a long time ago.

Edited by sbb
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, supercurio said:

The patent pending mention (whether it's in the works or not) could be for the same purpose as wearing a white coat during @ThaBlackCobra's interview: a way to boost credibility.

The White–Coat Effect: Physician Attire and Perceived Authority, Friendliness, and Attractiveness

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/227517373_The_White-Coat_Effect_Physician_Attire_and_Perceived_Authority_Friendliness_and_Attractiveness

i cant see what would be patent able with this product. he can copyright the branding. but you can't copyright sodering wires to 3rd party capacitors. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, GoGeorgeGo said:

i cant see what would be patent able with this product. he can copyright the branding. but you can't copyright sodering wires to 3rd party capacitors. 

I'd like to be as optimistic as you on the validity of the patenting process but I'm not super confident here 😬😄

I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to find someone to give money to in order to legitimately claim "patents pending" even if there's zero chance the patent will be granted in the end.

Awesome second video by the way!

If there's indeed demand, it sounds like competitors will appear and the market will regulate these 150-300-600 USD prices down real fast.

• Like 1

@GoGeorgeGo I'm confident you achieved this goal with the video.

It's clear that GM author has been very aware of its unsustainable margin and yeah that's why he started to obfuscate the parts reference and continuously insisted that "it's not just capacitors", promising some secret sauce that would make that product unique, which only him can make.

It helps to understand how over compensating the whole marketing has been, rooted in insecurity and full of red flags since it's not holding on anything. So far from secure, boring and with serious proof to back up the claims you'd expect from any performance upgrade product.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, supercurio said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to find someone to give money to in order to legitimately claim "patents pending" even if there's zero chance the patent will be granted in the end.

The only bar to be able to say "patent pending" is to file either a provisional utility patent application or a design patent application... the provisional is very cheap and a design patent isn't much more costly but artists are involved. Design patents cover the appearance of an invention, not how it works.

The sticky point is that one of the required parts of a utility patent (provisional or not) is a "teaching" section where you must divulge the exact construction of your invention (the preferred embodiment). No arm waving allowed, it has to be there. You can add stuff in the actual application, but you gotta disclose all the sauce—including the composition of the magic stuff.

You have 1 calendar year to file a proper utility application and then your provisional expires. Since the filing constitutes "public disclosure", it also sets the date for prior art so if you let your year expire you may have a much more difficult time getting an actual utility patent issued.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Funky said:

Can i get the snake at least? You can keep the oil..

No good for me, it would be very much illegal to bring a snake into my country.

From everything I've seen and read about the God-Mod - benefits are vague at best. Firming up any mode wouldn't help when I'm quite happy with the firmness of hard or even medium mode on each of my wheels. I couldn't see that it would be worth spending what they are asking - total rip-off IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

You have 1 calendar year to file a proper utility application

Can you cancel and file a new one every year?

That sounds like an easy exploit to get permanent "patents pending" for cheap and without disclosing anything.

Just now, supercurio said:

Can you cancel and file a new one every year?

That sounds like an easy exploit to get permanent "patents pending" for cheap and without disclosing anything.

Sure! But you never need to refile... nobody really enforces use of "patent pending" anyway, at best it might come under false advertising regulations (not laws, rules) and the FTC or Commerce Department would be after you. The agency that made the rules would have to believe that enough people are being misled and perhaps harmed before they'd do anything—and it would start with a cease and desist letter. "Patent pending" is kind of like "new and improved", you put it on your box and keep printing boxes until you're big enough to come to the attention of the bureaucrats.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dycus said:

I bet if Declan had just called it a "cap mod" and sold it ready-to-install for $100, I think there would be a lot less scrutiny and outrage even if everything else was the same.

Calling it a 'cap mod' and selling it for $100 and also dialling back on the fanciful claims plus providing details of what you get for the money (like the specs of the capacitors provided) - yes, we would have less issue with him then.

Currently the mod is not in any way god like. The seller is not willing (or able?) to say how it works or what it really does or what the specs are. The claims being made do not line up with what testing shows. And then the price . . . OMG . . . $600, really? Even just the idea that the small it $150 and the medium is $300 and the big is $600 - surely the medium and the big mod don't have double the amount of wire and number of connectors? Shouldn't it at least be $150, $250 & $450 (still total rip-off prices). Declan is just making crazy huge profit on the small mod and then making bigger and bigger profits on the medium & large mods. Capacitors are a very common electrical component, they just don't cost THAT much money. Sure a 1 Farad capacity for your monster car stereo will cost some bucks, but this 'god-mod' is using pretty ordinary sized capacitors.

Even a Rockford Fosgate 1F capacitor for your car stereo will still cost under $150, so paying $600 for 17,600 microfarads (that is 0.0176F) worth of capacitance is so over the top it isn't remotely funny.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

even buying the capacitors one at a time , they are like 9$ each. so tops it costs 80$ to make, add in 25$ for packaging and shipping. that still leaves a profit of 495$. even after taxes and labor, your talking well over 300$ profit. and thats assuming buying materials 1 at a time and not gaining any bulk savings. 

I assume you bought at Retail prices?  So the wholesale cost for a company would be way less too adding more insult to injury.

Thank you for all your effort and confirming buyers beware. 

• Like 1

Those are not even high-quality capacitors ... Dude even took of labels on purpose. I hope karma gets him in the end. If there would be any God, he would not let GOD+MOD exist. He proves on videos that there is no God.

image.png.51933ac8e03caf0a330d4a4979ce5604.png

• Like 1

just to add to the conversation here incase anyone is thinking of building your own capacitor mod. the 160v capacitors i used are for 100v systems. you must have ample overhead voltage for them to work properly.

if you are making a capacitor for a 126v or 134v system you must use 200v capacitors. 

using capacotors that are rated to low can result in them frying on regenerative breaking

• Like 3