God Mod- Buyer Beware.

The Brahan Seer

4 hours ago, Boris Lämpel said:

Question: Do low ESR capacitors of the size like GOD MOD even exist? If the capacitors would not be low ESR I cannot imagine them of any use...

Definitely. They are expensive though.

The cap’s ESR doesn’t have to be incredibly low though as a pack has a pretty high internal resistance and the cap just needs to be decently below that in order to be able to contribute current for a few mS.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

So basically no difference except what he feels is different. Another nothingburger. Is that what you get out of it?

Effectively, yeah. It sounds like it makes the rising edge of the PWM less trapezoidal and more vertical-ish.

Would be interesting to throw a datalogging scope on one of the mosfet outputs.

Edited by sbb
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

So basically no difference except what he feels is different. Another nothingburger. Is that what you get out of it?

Feel - pedal feel is still a big part of the experience of riding a wheel.

But a change in pedal stiffness, which can be experienced doesn't mean any of the benefits claimed in the marketing are valid.

After all, nobody expects their EUC to have increased safety margin, stronger acceleration, less battery sag, reduced risk of cutout, feeling like the wheel has high discharge batteries, or recover from over-power differently after changing from one pedal mode setting to another.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Another nothingburger. Is that what you get out of it?

Well, my takeaway was that:

a) That's a very expensive way to firm up your pedals.

b) I am definitely not the sort of rider that needs this, with my safety margin hovering around 60% without it.

c) How would you install that neatly on a Master for example, where there is 'none more room' in that case !?

d) $600 though. Seriously ?

Grateful that he did the tests though, and will still be interested to see further videos where it is rigorously assessed.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

Go George Go in the video stated:

"Essentially what you are doing is wiring the capacitor in parallel with your batteries.  Essentially like adding another battery.  Capacitors act very similar to batteries, just store less energy."

2 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

Wth $600 the large one, for the price and size it's best to add a half pack of batteries which will provide a real gain in range and sag

From the thread:  Peer Review of "GodMod" and other cap mods

On 1/18/2023 at 8:14 PM, Seba said:

A few more words regarding the function of the capacitor as a local energy source. A capacitor with a capacity of 1000 microfarades (which is quite large) in a 100V wheel is capable of giving off a maximum of... 0.00006722 Wh ! Yes, this is less than one ten-thousandth of a watt-hour! And that's only if you discharge it from 100V to a voltage equivalent to a fully discharged battery. I think this clearly shows that the capacitor in this role fails completely. The capacitor is capable of responding to momentary load peaks, lasting no more than a few thousandths of a second. That's all.

Edited by Paul A
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I think there’s a small trend going on where some people are switching from hard to medium mode.

I am certainly in that group. But not unhappy with the medium mode as it is.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It’s sad to see a charlatan like that in the EUC scene trying to rip people off. Costs fifty times too much and is sold based on lies.

I am not 100% that he is a charlatan, rather than perhaps a victim of confirmation bias, as many have been after him. He does seem to honestly believe what he says, which is different from outright thievery and deception. But I have NO idea how he justifies those prices. Even with the 'bleeding edge / small market punishment pricing' we tend to be subject to when buying accessories for all things wheel, this level of it is, I think, previously unseen.

It seems to me people are figuring out that this small community of people will pretty much just buy anything (and i mean anything) related to EUCs, EUC Mods, etc. 

Its now to the point that people are buying things they dont even know what they do.. Pretty crazy. 

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 3