God Mod- Buyer Beware.

The Brahan Seer

We are just lacking information I think. He doesn't come across as particularly disingenuous or slippery to me, but he is definitely hesitant to divulge any real detail about how it works, and there is nothing on his web site that goes into any more detail than 1 paragraph describing what it is meant to do in very general terms. So I am not considering it, not because I think he is a charlatan necessarily, but because I just don't have enough info about how or why it works, and because most of the community seems suspicious.

I don't understand his blurb for the pedal rods AT ALL though.

This is a PAIR of titanium pedal rods for your electric unicycle. The God Rod is made from higher quality titanium than any pedal rod ever before.

Many riders think they don’t like titanium because they have never experienced the flexibility of God Rod.

The benefit of replacing your pedal rods with God Rod is: a more comfortable ride on your EUC.

I have to question his use of the word 'flexible' there: Surely he can't mean flexible as in 'bendable', as we all universally need ultra stiff pedal bars don't we ? Wouldn't that be the point of using such a hard material as titanium ? And if that is the case, then how can they possibly be more comfortable than any other bar ?!

More durable / less prone to snapping under huge pressures I could maybe buy, but comfortable ?! :/

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I watch most youtube at double speed nowadays, 90% of folk on youtube say far to many words and I got fed up with the line "lets get started" , "without further a do" and any other combination of these kind of intro's when nothing actually needs to be said at all.  I got through this marathon by having it on as background like a radio (x2 speed) and stopping after the insults. 

Same here :cheers:.   It's a true story "sign up for our newsletter" - what news?  How the f should anyone ever have the time to read +500 stupid newsletters each week.  And then we get numb. Comfortably numb.    "lets get started" - even miss monotiger sounds a little faint, fake and used in this misused startup phrase ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

We are just lacking information I think. He doesn't come across as particularly disingenuous or slippery to me, but he is definitely hesitant to divulge any real detail about how it works, and there is nothing on his web site that goes into any more detail than 1 paragraph describing what it is meant to do in very general terms. So I am not considering it, not because I think he is a charlatan necessarily, but because I just don't have enough info about how or why it works, and because most of the community seems suspicious.

I don't understand his blurb for the pedal rods AT ALL though.

I have to question his use of the word 'flexible' there: Surely he can't mean flexible as in 'bendable', as we all universally need ultra stiff pedal bars don't we ? Wouldn't that be the point of using such a hard material as titanium ? And if that is the case, then how can they possibly be more comfortable than any other bar ?!

More durable / less prone to snapping under huge pressures I could maybe buy, but comfortable ?! :/

Lol.. Pair of old big nails will do the job of any rod.. Bullcrap talker - bullcrap product.. :D 

Can i get a website? Or wtf is GodMode.. This is no half life two.

Edited by Funky

and yet...

48 MOSFETs and (get this) 18 caps are part of the secret sauce of the Raptor controller… we buy into that being somehow 'safer' and in general 'better' with little more data as to why.

(well, I don't buy it but I'm a grumpy old curmudgeon—that used to design this kind of stuff)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Well there's nothing wrong with wanting pedal bars that don't break, and if you're on the bigger side, and love your massive drops and jumps I could see why stock ones might not do. My only point is that these should only have a single selling point - their strength. Unless the 'comfort' he refers to is peace of mind ?!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

In my 54 years on this planet, I have made the experience that all those who talk too much only talk crap and don't really know what they are talking about. After watching the video for a short time, I do not have the feeling that something could change in this experience. :efeed51798:

titanium is hard to live with. For example thread strength is less. From the mtb world I know that people use steel bolts to tension stuff, then remove those bolts and install the titanium ones. It's a lot of bs just for some less weight and less strength; they're relying on the public's ignorance - steel is stronger.

Edited by Uras
  • Upvote 1

Anyone in this thread tried titanium rods on multiple wheels models or are these baseless assumptions after watching a video? I did test these for an extensive time, and even made a video about it. They do help comfort wise on heavy wheels, limited effect on light wheels or suspension eucs. Tested on Sherman, EX, Monster pro, Master, Mten4. Happy to hear contradictory feedback backed by tests/experience.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Anyone in this thread tried titanium rods on multiple wheels models or are these baseless assumptions after watching a video? I did test these for an extensive time, and even made a video about it. They do help comfort wise on heavy wheels, limited effect on light wheels or suspension eucs. Tested on Sherman, EX, Monster pro, Master, Mten4. 

Like how do they actually help comfort wise? They are pedal axle/rods. They don't move even 1 mm around, WTF are you talking about? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Could you explain how ?

They will dampen the smaller bumps due to a light flex of the rods. So it contributes to a more comfortable ride on non suspension wheels. Its not a day and night change but its noticeable enough with heavy wheels like Sherman (doesn’t help with smaller wheels). Every bit helps with bumps and non suspension eucs. Rode with these for months. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Anyone in this thread tried titanium rods on multiple wheels

I have them on my (now lightweight... how can that be?) 16X and I'd be hard pressed to know the difference. But I put them on after seeing videos of people angle grinding off bent pedal rods and got paranoid. I'm not able to testify to any ride change on the 16X.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Well there's nothing wrong with wanting pedal bars that don't break, and if you're on the bigger side, and love your massive drops and jumps I could see why stock ones might not do. My only point is that these should only have a single selling point - their strength. Unless the 'comfort' he refers to is peace of mind ?!

I'm still reading through, so forgive me if this has already been addressed...

The titanium rods flex and return to shape vs bending or snapping like stock pedal rods have been known to do.  I put titanium rods in my 16x and it has taken some of the harshness out of big hits like potholes and curb drops. I ride high with high PSI so those hard hits were transfering a lot of energy into my feet and legs.  Titanium rods are not anywhere close to suspension, but it has made a welcome improvement by easing some of the harshness.  The bit about higher quality titanium making a difference that warrants the 2x price over other titanium rods...I question the validity of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Funky said:

How can they "flex"? The gap between "L" hanger and pedal is max what 1-2mm? They can't flex.. (They don't have space to flex.)

If nothing else i could call out mind trick. You "may" only think that you feel the difference. Because you exchange the roads. And the marketing gimmick said that.. And that.. But in reality they don't do anything.

Can't that be an actual truth even little bit?

At best they could eat up road buzz only. Lowering PSI in tire by 2-5 will help much, much better..

They do flex, because stock pedal rods are made of cheap steel, they find a way to bend. Personally I've bent two pairs. 

BTW clarkpedals come with titanium rods, so this is nothing new. I've also bent a pair of the Ti rods. 

Having said that, the main reason I recommend the titanium rods is not because of added flex/comfort that may or may not be perceivable, or claims of added strength, but rather that bent Ti rods can still be hammered out because they flex, whereas bent stock rods are nearly impossible to remove. Anyone who has had the unfortunate task of cutting off bent pedal rods knows of this headache, and for this reason alone, the Ti rods are worth every dollar (just get them off Ebay or local steel shop).

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, conecones said:

They do flex, because stock pedal rods are made of cheap steel, they find a way to bend. Personally I've bent two pairs. 

BTW clarkpedals come with titanium rods, so this is nothing new. I've also bent a pair of the Ti rods. 

Having said that, the main reason I recommend the titanium rods is not because of added flex/comfort that may or may not be perceivable, or claims of added strength, but rather that bent Ti rods can still be hammered out because they flex, whereas bent stock rods are nearly impossible to remove. Anyone who has had the unfortunate task of cutting off bent pedal rods knows of this headache, and for this reason alone, the Ti rods are worth every dollar (just get them off Ebay or local steel shop).

Yeah.. But what grade, etc one should look? (I'm okay for trying out - 30$ isn't much.) 

I don't wanna pay 50$ for shipping from USA. :D

I'm 280lbs and haven't bent mine. I simply don't jump. :D Because i know my weight isn't light.. How strong are they compared to steel ones?

I still don't get how they can make any difference - if at all while riding... Doh if they are stronger than regular steel, i could get them.

Also isn't there some effect on aluminum while making contact with titanium? Making it weaker, or something? (Have not looked up that yet..)

Edited by Funky

A Titan rod is not stronger than a Steel rod of same dimensions.  A little lecture:

https://www.thomasnet.com/articles/metals-metal-products/steel-vs-titanium-strength-properties-and-uses/

"Designers looking solely for strength should choose steel, but designers concerned with strength per unit mass should choose titanium. "

I looks like; Titan saves weight, and bends more easy.  In either case, a Titan rod does not save anyone from a bent rod, it's just easier to remove.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robse said:

A Titan rod is not stronger than a Steel rod of same dimensions.  A little lecture:

https://www.thomasnet.com/articles/metals-metal-products/steel-vs-titanium-strength-properties-and-uses/

"Designers looking solely for strength should choose steel, but designers concerned with strength per unit mass should choose titanium. "

I looks like; Titan saves weight, and bends more easy.  In either case, a Titan rod does not save anyone from a bent rod, it's just easier to remove.

By that - metal one is better for us "big boys". Less chance of bending it. :D