God Mod- Buyer Beware.

The Brahan Seer

Based on the posts in last 4 pages of this thread, It looks like the naysayers are the ones who have never tried a God-Mod.

There were only two posts from someone who has tried the God-Mod.

(1) Zen Lee tried the God-Mod, and said it made his wheel more responsive in acceleration and braking. 

(2) Go George Go tried an older version of God-Mod, and his own home-made version, and concluded that he did not find evidence to support the claims. This God-Mod was borrowed. He didn't plan to buy a God-Mod, but planned not to remove his own Cap-Mod that was already installed. 

There was also a video by Roger EUC. In this video, Roger was not able to discern any difference between his wheel having the God-Mod installed and not. He added that it may be possible for someone to find the God-Mod beneficial, but for him, he felt that the God-Mod was not worth the money as an add-on for his particular wheel.

1 hour ago, KiwiMark said:

Wait, the naysayers aren't willing to spend $600 on a product that they don't believe will work as advertised? Impossible!

I didn't say to own. I said tried.

Zen Lee may have said his wheel is more responsive in acceleration and braking, but that doesn't make it true. Is it even possible for this mod to do that? What does more responsive even mean?

He tried it and provided a data point.

If you have tried a capacitor mod, you would know what he meant. 

When the person selling the mod claims that the large mod will make any wheel a racing wheel - how much credibility should we be giving him? Should you really give your money to a person that says something like that?

In his latest video, he is now saying something vague that requires the viewer to fill in the blank.

But that is not the point though.

It was just my observation that the naysayers haven't really tried a God-Mod.

Although, the Kevin's onboard capacitor mod for the Abrams is not God-Mod, they are capacitors-based mod.

And I have tried that on my Abrams. There have been others who have tried this mod too posted on Facebook, unfortunately they don't give good or bad details in their postings.

In any case, my findings is that the acceleration and braking assist is very significant. I am not a big heavy person; to ride the 22" Abrams with stock pads can be challenging for someone like me. For a big heavy rider, maybe it is no biggie. I don't know. But the mod cost is modest in parts.

For example, to start from rest on a very steep hill on an Abrams for someone like me is a challenge. But I managed to do it by leaning forward and push off at the same time. Without the capacitor mod, this technique would not have work for me, because I would have been able to get the wheel moving fast enough by pressing on the pedals. I am not at the skill level where I can balance a 100 lbs, 22" wheel at zero speed yet. I think it is possible, but I am not there yet.

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

This is a claim that I’m not ready to digest at face value. I don’t think you’ll know until you try…

There is nothing to digest.

I did not provide proof.

I just provided a data point. But this just one data point. I haven't seen anyone else commenting on Kevin's capacitor mod for the Abrams. 

Until you try, you will remain at status quo.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Exactly. So what do you pay for in the God-Mod then? Rock solid professional electronics expertise?

So far I have not seen any data points suggesting God-Mod can do more than what Kevin's onboard capacitor mod for the Abrams can do.

I am very happy with my results with Kevin's mod. It did the trick for my Abrams. So I have no incentive to spend money on God-Mod.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

You don't know if radioactivity is dangerous until you try it yourself, please try it and let the rest of us know how it went.

Nuclear medicine therapy.

It went well.

Back on topic.

Let's see. To piggyback a couple of capacitors on the controller board was simple and easy to do. 

It was really easy to access since the caps were on top, and they used axial electrolytic capacitors lying on their sides. Just remove the top cover.

Soldering capacitor leads was quick and easy.

If the mod has no effect, it would be even easier to remove. Touching the capacitors leads with a soldering pencil takes seconds.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. But as it turns, the gains were well worth the effort, time, and money spent.

Edited by techyiam

For me the biggest scam in the EUC community. I have never seen anything comparable! Especially because it is not a fake account and someone is trying to sell a wheel that he does not own. There are so many well known people from the community involved in this scam who are also promoting it and standing behind the doctor just to enrich themselves through the affiliate links or he gives the money directly to the contributors in cash, so that he can mention their names to increase credibility.  

The commission is certainly huge with this profit margin. 

The hour-long livestream alone was already a shady affair. How can someone offer such a guy a platform so that he can pull money out of the pockets of gullible people. 

Just disgusting! Does anyone have a list with names of the people involved? I need to complete my blocklist. :efef19744a:

• Upvote 2

Every brand new Abrams that e-rides sells has this mod.

Link to source

Our Abrams has the updated 2.15 firmware and waterproofed back light to prevent water ingress, and additional capacitors to double the amount from the factory, and updated motor to solve the hall sensor issue.

By adding additional capacitors, the wheel is more resistant to amp surge when riding at higher speeds.

***We have also installed updated motors to solve the cut out issue.***

• 2700WH battery capacity
  • 50MPH+
  • 22inch Tubeless tire diameter (Torque based)
  • 45/46KG
  • IP65 Water resistance
  • Updated Capacitor
  • e-RIDES support and Service

10 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Aren't they the ones who broke the v-13 axle bolts?

You are thinking of EEVEES. You do realized that those bolts were recalled by Inmotion and the problem has been resolved. This has no relevance to Capacitors-based Mods.

E-rides is in the UK. Afeez is the owner.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Every brand new Abrams that e-rides sells has this mod.

Link to source

i will say this may also be wheel by wheel as far as how significant the effects will be. its always possible a wheel like the abrams was simply not designed with enough capacitance to begin with, while my ex20 had enough to support both the hardware and firmware. 

i am not an electrical engineer and so i cant really dig to deep into that idea, but it is interesting that the newer higher voltage wheels all run 3 or more capacitors while the older 100v wheels tend to only have 2 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

i will say this may also be wheel by wheel as far as how significant the effects will be.

Sensai Vegan said he felt improved responsiveness on his RS-19.

Roger EUC said he felt no differences. But I think he tried the mod on his already modified Master.

Zen Lee also noticed improvement in acceleration and braking responsiveness on his Master.

On my Abrams, I added only 560uF, 160V capacitors, which are small compared to what you used in your mod. But they are piggybacked onboard.

I am very curious as to how Kevin is making out with his Super capacitor mod on his own Abrams with an already installed onboard capacitor mod. 

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Sensai Vegan said he felt improved responsiveness on his RS-19.

Roger EUC said he felt no differences. But I think he tried the mod on his already modified Master.

I asked him directly a few things earlier so I can add some info here:

Roger EUC tried the GODMOD on his unmodified Master, in soft, medium and hard mode.
He could not feel or find a difference in riding behavior in any of the pedal mode on that wheel, and despite being a competitive racer he opted for removing it.

By the way a month ago he competed against another racer who's very vocal in his praise of the same accessory, and often referred to by Declan in his testimonials. Well, he beat him every time in the race already, and this other racer still had a crash / overlean (the story says that it was when the accessory got somehow disconnected)

So yes, Roger identifying no difference despite his extensive testing, and knowledge of PID tuning is valid feedback. Let's not discard it somehow.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, supercurio said:

I asked him directly a few things earlier so I can add some info here:

Roger EUC tried the GODMOD on his unmodified Master, in soft, medium and hard mode.
He could not feel or find a difference in riding behavior in any of the pedal mode on that wheel, and despite being a competitive racer he opted for removing it.

So yes, Roger identifying no difference despite his extensive testing, and knowledge of PID tuning is valid feedback. Let's not discard it somehow.

Thanks for elaborating on some of the details that were not mentioned in the video.

It good to know that Roger EUC tried the God-Mod on a stock Master. Good data point.

The plot thickens.

6 minutes ago, supercurio said:

By the way a month ago he competed against another racer who's very vocal in his praise of the same accessory, and often referred to by Declan in his testimonials. Well, he beat him every time in the race already, and this other racer still had a crash / overlean (the story says that it was when the accessory got somehow disconnected)

Like Roger said, the racers themselves probably make a bigger difference. This part isn't so useful, for or against. Too many variables.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Zen Lee also noticed improvement in acceleration and braking responsiveness on his Master.

When/where did Zen Lee state this?

He only posted four days ago, of receiving a God Mod.

_______

In the Ustride video, Declan in comments stated:

"it’s so refreshing to hear so much accurate information about user reports 24:00"

At video mark 24.00, Sensei Vegan recounts a story......of Declan telling him that a rider with a small God Mod could feel the capacitor draining, and then feel the capacitor charging......

The refreshing and accurate information from a user report.....was provided by Declan.

Edited by Paul A
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

When/where did Zen Lee state this?

He only posted four days ago, of receiving a God Mod.

On 3/7/2023 at 1:17 PM, zenleetech said:

First day with my medium God Mod, all I can say for it is my Master feels noticeably more responsive in braking

and accelerations, and so I'm able to ride more accurately and aggressively on the trails.

The initial setup was a chore and I don't like how crammed all my wires are. The new AR Version

looks really clean but allegedly the capacitators AR is using aren't safe.

• Thanks 1