God Mod- Buyer Beware.

The Brahan Seer

Perhaps people are not buying, and no longer have any interest in the God Mod.

The following video was posted nine days ago, March 6, 2023.

God Mod was prominently stated in the screenshot, title, description and tags.

It received 1300 views, 66 likes, 56 comments.

The comments were predominantly about the music, the video, the enjoyment etc.

Only one comment mentioned God Mod.

God+Modded Sherman on the move | Lala Love Visualizer | #TRUEMOB #TRUE2ONE #EUCXR #GODMOD

March 6, 2023

In this video, you will see me testing out the GodMod Performance upgrade recently added to my Veteran Sherman OG. Im riding around the Morris park area and Pelham parkway in the Bronx.

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

When someone is targeting our EUC community with fraudulent marketing and fictitious interstellar pricing, I think we have a responsibility to do our best in bringing the fraud into daylight and warning as many people as possible.

I agree, everyone is free to post how they feel about this mod. Criticize,critique and even outright deny it's functionality. It's ok to warn others and debunk any of the products claims. My issue is when others start to dictate what people can and can't do to their own wheel while in turn doing what they want to theirs. Suggesting that we inform peoples dealers so their warranty is in jeopardy i think is a bit over the top. Nobody has proven the device doesn't work so for now it's just a group of people disagreeing with another group of people. I feel like it's a fraud but there are others on this forum who own the device and have expressed their belief that it in fact does work for them. So until we can prove otherwise, i think it's probably smart to leave it at voicing our disbelief.

10 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

inform peoples dealers so their warranty is in jeopardy

17 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

this is an electrical modification. Alien Rides has stated to me that they will not cover damages incured from any capacitor modifications made on a wheel. As they said, it will void your warranty if it causes the damage so god mod at your own risk.

It might be preferable that dealers state the warranty will be voided, on their websites, in writing, unambiguously, publicly to everyone.

Some people are not members of this forum community, may not read or be aware, that a capacitor modification will void the warranty.

5 hours ago, Paul A said:

Perhaps people are not buying, and no longer have any interest in the God Mod.

The following video was posted nine days ago, March 6, 2023.

God Mod was prominently stated in the screenshot, title, description and tags.

It received 1300 views, 66 likes, 56 comments.

The comments were predominantly about the music, the video, the enjoyment etc.

Only one comment mentioned God Mod.

God+Modded Sherman on the move | Lala Love Visualizer | #TRUEMOB #TRUE2ONE #EUCXR #GODMOD

March 6, 2023

In this video, you will see me testing out the GodMod Performance upgrade recently added to my Veteran Sherman OG. Im riding around the Morris park area and Pelham parkway in the Bronx.

Nice video - where was it posted first time, MTV ? :P

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The amount of energy the caps can store have been calculated. It was very small. The duration it can give out that energy for at full load has also been calculated. It was a tiny fraction of a second. GoGeorgeGo did an uphill test that didn't show any differences in an overlean situation.

If these are not enough, what kind of proof are you looking for exactly?

Then why did Go George Go said he will continue to use his Cap-Mod?

Obviously I would not buy a God-Mod.

However, a Cap-Mod is not out of the question, for me.

Now the Hot-Mod is a whole different kettle of fish. I suspect he will lose credibility wholesale.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

Then why Go George Go said he will continue to use his Cap-Mod?

I guess he liked the changes in the pedal modes. The fact that he decided to continue using it does nothing to prove any of the GodMod marketing promises.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Then why did Go George Go said he will continue to use his Cap-Mod?

Obviously I would not buy a God-Mod.

However, a Cap-Mod is not out of the question, for me.

Now the Hot-Mod is a whole different kettle of fish. I suspect he will lose credibility wholesale.

because i like how the pedal mode feels in soft mode with the capacitor mod. it was slightly softer than medium but not as soft as unmodded soft which was to soft for my liking. i prefer softer ride modes as i am most a pavement rider, but the ex20s stock soft mode is just to soft imo

i did end up selling the ex20 however so i never got a great long term test of the mod. and since i purchased an ex30 there is absolutely no need to chace phantom torque upgrades like i was hoping i would find on my ex20

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

because i like how the pedal mode feels in soft mode with the capacitor mod. it was slightly softer than medium but not as soft as unmodded soft which was to soft for my liking.

In terms of perceived feel, was your EX20S more responsive with your Cap-Mod in soft mode than without mod?

23 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

i did end up selling the ex20 however so i never got a great long term test of the mod. and since i purchased an ex30

Congrats! In your video, you made it sound like it was something that waa a bridge too far. I’m glad that somehow you managed.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

In terms of perceived feel, was your EX20S more responsive with your Cap-Mod in soft mode than without mod?

Congrats! In your video, you made it sound like it was something that is a bridge too far. I’m glad that somehow you managed.

no, soft mode was just way to soft. qith the cap mod it was stiffer than stock soft but just a tad softer than stock medium which i liked

45 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

no, soft mode was just way to soft. qith the cap mod it was stiffer than stock soft but just a tad softer than stock medium which i liked

By going to a softer mode, than let say from medium, what does it buy you?

9 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

way less foot and leg fatigue. increased acceleration with minimal effort. better braking power

one can therefore conclude that the gizmo works, just not in the way that the developer claims.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

way less foot and leg fatigue. increased acceleration with minimal effort. better braking power

+1.

That’s exactly what I was talking about on my Abrams with Kevin’s onboard Cap-Mod.

Some people may label that as making the wheel more responsive. Other may call it easier to accelerate and brake.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

+1.

That’s exactly what I was talking about on my Abrams with Kevin’s onboard Cap-Mod.

Some people may label that as making the wheel more responsive. Other may call it easier to accelerate and brake.

its just the ride mode itself though, not necessarily the capacitors having an effect on the current. different wheels have better feeling ride modes stock than others. like i said my exn on soft was amazing, but the ex20 was to soft. but now i just got an ex30, and soft feels great right out the box. it messes with the firmware, not the hardware 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

its just the ride mode itself though,

Obviously, the added capacitors did not changed the code in the firmware, nor the settings in the firmware.

Yet the increased in the ease of acceleration and braking resulted.

This gain with the cap mod will be explained differently by different people.

In addition, different people will perceive the mod gain differently.

For example, for myself on my Abrams with Kevin’s cap mod, I can accelerate quicker with my current size, weight, pad setup and skill level.

Basically, I was under utilizing the power of my Abrams. With the mod, I can access more now.

If I were already maximizing the full power of my Abrams, would the mod have helped. Well, perhaps someone can test it out on a mten3 or even the S18.

Kevin at e-rides said that he was going to test the cap mod on various wheels. It would be interesting to see what he has discovered.

Edited by techyiam

25 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

You are putting your legs in his mouth.

18 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

That was ultimately what he was after.

Not the actual “hardness” of the pedal”.

He sounded like he got a “better setting” with his Cap Mod.

its just the ride mode itself though, not necessarily the capacitors having an effect on the current. different wheels have better feeling ride modes stock than others.

In terms of ease of acceleration, and better braking, could you have achieved  the same level without your Cap-Mod?

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

In terms of ease of acceleration, and better braking, could you have achieved  the same level without your Cap-Mod?

Obviously not with the EX20.

How about this: How would you differentiate an EX20 with cap mod in soft mode, versus EX30 without cap mode in soft mode? What’s the difference and which one do you prefer?

21 hours ago, techyiam said:

yes i could have just sucked it up and rode the softest mode, but its a little unnerving on the ex20, as it realllly is to soft when going over repetitive bumps you feel like your going to fall off the front. i ride medium mode because its far less fatigue on my feet to accelerate and brake. with the caps added, soft mode was slightly harder, which was more akin to how soft mode felt on the exn which i liked. 

and yes it does change the firmware settings, the program is based on stock capacitance calculations. adding more capacitance changes the math essentially editing the settings

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Obviously not with the EX20.

How about this: How would you differentiate an EX20 with cap mod in soft mode, versus EX30 without cap mode in soft mode? What’s the difference and which one do you prefer?

both feel similar, but the ex30 is a torque god which allows you to really lay into it. there is no comparison between the ex30s raw power and the ex20 with the caps, its night and day the ex30 is 10x more powerful 

• Like 1

yes i could have just sucked it up and rode the softest mode, but its a little unnerving on the ex20, as it realllly is to soft when going over repetitive bumps you feel like your going to fall off the front. i ride medium mode because its far less fatigue on my feet to accelerate and brake. with the caps added, soft mode was slightly harder, which was more akin to how soft mode felt on the exn which i liked. 

Thank for your detailed clarification.

To recap:

After adding your capacitor mod to your EX20S, the perceived changes you observed were:

(1) For the same pedal mode (soft, medium, hard), during acceleration, the pedals don't dip forward as much.

(2) For the same pedal mode, the ease of acceleration or braking is the same, even though the pedals are dipping less.

Edited by techyiam