God Mod- Buyer Beware.

The Brahan Seer

18 hours ago, supercurio said:

I asked him directly a few things earlier so I can add some info here:

Roger EUC tried the GODMOD on his unmodified Master, in soft, medium and hard mode.
He could not feel or find a difference in riding behavior in any of the pedal mode on that wheel, and despite being a competitive racer he opted for removing it.

By the way a month ago he competed against another racer who's very vocal in his praise of the same accessory, and often referred to by Declan in his testimonials. Well, he beat him every time in the race already, and this other racer still had a crash / overlean (the story says that it was when the accessory got somehow disconnected)

So yes, Roger identifying no difference despite his extensive testing, and knowledge of PID tuning is valid feedback. Let's not discard it somehow.

it disconnected randomly while riding? an xt connector? not during the crash? i find that hard to believe. if so i need to go and tape/silicone all my xt connections together

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Picture of an xt connector.

Is it likely that an xt connector could disconnect?

P7824_1.jpg

I would say "no" - unless it wasn't properly connected.... but then i would not work, and we all know now, that it works, unless not - and since every of the 15 ingredients are of the highest and best quality, hand picked..   there must be some external energy at play.  The force is weak in this one.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

it disconnected randomly while riding? an xt connector? not during the crash? i find that hard to believe. if so i need to go and tape/silicone all my xt connections together

I'm sorry I can't give much more accurate information on this story, I don't get either how it could get disconnected.

Edited by supercurio
  • Upvote 1

Maybe he should go for copyrights instead since this seems to be more of a creative work.

On the supposed disconnection, power still has to be passed through the black box right? The caps are in parallel but the board now connects to one end of the box and the battery packs to the other? This does add some new failure points, bad soldering or otherwise.

Edited by chanman

4 hours ago, UPONIT said:

4. Did anyone find the submitted patent application that must exist in order for a patent to be "pending?" It would be publicly available and take way less than 3 hours to read...

To find a pending application all you need is at least one of the inventor's real names and it helps to know their city or state. The US Patent and Trademark Office has a very nice search capability on their website. The USPTO expects that "patent pending" is used in good faith (meaning, at least a provisional application has truly been filed) and can levy a 500USD fine for false marketing, but try getting that one enforced!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

https://www.upcounsel.com/patent-pending-cost

What Are Patent Pending Costs?

The cost to get patent pending status for your invention is around $1,500 without an attorney.

If you hire an attorney, you can expect to pay $10,000 or more for a utility patent and $2,000 for a design patent.

It's hard to determine the exact costs before you apply because all patent applications are different.

Obtaining a patent is expensive and time-consuming.

Patent pending costs vary widely.

This makes it difficult to predict what you'll have to pay.

A lot depends on the complexity of your invention and the type of patent application you want to file.

A patent attorney can review your situation and give you a better idea of how much you can expect to pay.

As soon as your patent application is submitted to the USPTO, you can write, "Patent Pending," on your product.

This status typically lasts for one to three years. Once a patent is issued for your invention, you can replace the patent pending phrasing with your patent number.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meriwald said:

Adobe_Post_20230313_0337030.3311424614648235.png

We've seen GodMod being promoted almost primarily with memes, including its creator Meme-fying himself.

If you really read that one, it does look like it's just another of its meme based promotion material.

"Helps with peak loads" is the key unproven claim. How many of you guys didn't notice and just saw a funny meme?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I read it as satire, I mean the Columbus thing and the magic pixie dust seemed pretty clear cut to me. We've been adding capacitors to electric motors for decades to help in get them started (a peak load).

A less informed person could just see the image as promotional material though.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

The USPTO expects that "patent pending" is used in good faith

Prediction:  It hasn't been filed, since even a simple search for prior art would reveal his "invention" to be nothing more than a high pass filter in front of an existing set of voice coils that push against a set of fixed magnets.

Some of you will recognize what that means, and even looks like on the output.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sbb said:

Prediction:  It hasn't been filed, since even a simple search for prior art would reveal his "invention" to be nothing more than a high pass filter in front of an existing set of voice coils that push against a set of fixed magnets.

Some of you will recognize what that means, and even looks like on the output.

well well - my 16X has a subwoofer (so it says), maybe that gizmo could add a little more clarity to the treble? hmmn :P 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paul A said:

Cheaper to pay the fine, if a false claim is ever detected and enforced.......than to actually make a patent pending application ($1500).

Patent-Penalty.png

That's only one unit sold.  Cost's $100 and the rest is "fine".  Calculated risk.  Business as usual.

4 minutes ago, Robse said:

Calculated risk.  Business as usual.

Perhaps there is actually more bite to the penalty.

https://www.mclane.com/insights/beware-improper-patent-marking-could-be-costly/

Beware: Improper Patent Marking Could Be Costly

Jeremy Walker Headshot
Director, Litigation Department
Published: New Hampshire Business Review
July 25, 2010

The law is referred to as a qui tam law because anyone can file a claim for false patent marking, and any fines recovered are split between the successful plaintiff and the federal government.

Despite these sound policies against false patent marking, the false marking law historically has had little bite. 
That is because earlier court decisions interpreted the statutory fine as $500 for each decision to falsely mark a product. 
Thus, if a company decided to falsely mark a product, and one million articles of that product were improperly marked, it would only be subject to a fine of up to $500 for that one decision. 
This gave little incentive for plaintiffs to bring qui tam lawsuits against false markers.

But that changed with a December 2009 decision issued by the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, which is the court that decides much of the law governing patents in the United States. 
In Forest Group, Inc. v. Bon Tool Co., the court reversed prior precedent and held that the up-to-$500 fine in the statute applied to each article falsely marked. 
So if a company decides to mark one million articles improperly, the company would be subject to a fine of up to $500 million. 
It is no surprise that already in 2010 there have been a flurry of qui tam lawsuits brought for false marking.