God Mod- Buyer Beware.

The Brahan Seer

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

If you put Helium in the tires the wheel will be much lighter.  Range could double or triple! 

#GodsBreathMod

Heads up:  Tether your wheel to prevent it from floating away when you dismount.

:):P:D

Coming soon - God's breath 2.0+++ - achieve full flight on EUC** !

*may not be perceptible, but defnitely is happening.

* Note ordinary helium isn't high quality enough. Ours is scientifically enhanced by pixie farts and we all know how good at flight they are !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

Perhaps eWheels/EUCO etc. should be made aware of these mods

Perhaps we should mind our own business when it comes to what people choose to add to their EUC or spend their money on. I don't see why people aren't content with choosing not to believe in a product or even voicing their disbelief and producing a counter argument. Why is it we should then run around and taddle tale on others that choose to modify their EUC as they see fit? Do you not customize yours? Doesn't everyone? Are you now somehow the accessory police and in charge of what people can and can't have on their EUC?

1 minute ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Perhaps we should mind our own business when it comes to what people choose to add to their EUC or spend their money on.

Perhaps it needs to be considered if a non approved manufacturer mod, would give rise to a warranty being voided.

Members might benefit if eWheels/EUCO etc were to be made aware, and clarify, preemptively.

6 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Are you now somehow the accessory police and in charge of what people can and can't have on their EUC?

Perhaps be polite and respectful in postings.

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Perhaps be polite and respectful in postings.

Ohh, i see. It's "Impolite or Disrespectful" to question the train of thought behind one of your postings. Yup sounds about right. Rather than give an explanation you choose to "label" my speech.

1 minute ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

give an explanation

6 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Perhaps it needs to be considered if a non approved manufacturer mod, would give rise to a warranty being voided.

Members might benefit if eWheels/EUCO etc were to be made aware, and clarify, preemptively.

• Thanks 1

From what I've seen so far, the main concern I have would be for the larger capacitor accessories to make some the battery packs unhappy when connecting them (large spark and current peak)

Besides this, I doubt that there is much to worry about regarding warranty or banning mods.
If there was both technical reasons and evidence of them causing failures yes, but it's not the case so far.

Let's not jump the gun and ask the dealers to "advertise" this by talking about it as a forbidden thing.

Edited by supercurio
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, supercurio said:

Let's not jump the gun

The mods might indeed be harmless.

Might be better if clarification were to be sought from the dealers and manufacturers, in writing, so there is no disputes in future warranty claims.

You know @Paul A while this is a popular thread in the forums, GodMod anything is such a small fish that's it's really inconsequential and will likely remain so for dealers.

With the current state in EUC reliability and constant release of new models, it's probably not worth any dealers time to do an analysis, reach conclusions and communicate about it.

Then even if it's only about GodMod products, customers would legitimately start to ask which mod is approved and which is not. Is connecting an non-blinding aftermarket headlight okay? Are power pads okay?

That would be such a hassle, and very much to the detriment to the dealers starting this due to the extra support and loss in sales from cautious customers avoiding potential uncertainty.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Perhaps we should mind our own business when it comes to what people choose to add to their EUC or spend their money on. I don't see why people aren't content with choosing not to believe in a product or even voicing their disbelief and producing a counter argument. Why is it we should then run around and taddle tale on others that choose to modify their EUC as they see fit? Do you not customize yours? Doesn't everyone? Are you now somehow the accessory police and in charge of what people can and can't have on their EUC?

this is an electrical modification. Alien Rides has stated to me that they will not cover damages incured from any capacitor modifications made on a wheel. As they said, it will void your warranty if it causes the damage so god mod at your own risk.

i dont think its unteasonable to whant clarity from a manufacturer as to whether or not warranty repairs will cover this type of modification damaging your unit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

dont think its unteasonable to whant clarity from a manufacturer as to whether or not warranty repairs will cover this type of modification

Nobody is questioning whether it voids the warranty. Of course it voids the warranty. That was not my point. Everything you do to a wheel could "void the warranty" including taking it apart to change a tire.

I think there is also a risk of welding the God-mod in place. When those connection sparks start getting this big, voltage-wise, it starts becoming more of a possibility !

I once found myself at the end of a drone session to find my main power plug had welded itself to its other half by the connection spark, meaning I couldn't power down without cutting a cable !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Everything you do to a wheel could "void the warranty" including taking it apart to change a tire.

No, not that specifically, surely ?! I know for a fact Speedy Feet in the UK don't care if you change a tyre or in fact do your own regular maintenance checks, or completely disassemble the wheel to re-grease the bearings - I asked permission before doing all these things and it was confirmed that does not affect my warranty unless I specifically break something during those operations, like by stabbing a screwdriver through the mainboard, or shorting a battery pack. Even in that case, they will still help.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Nobody is questioning whether it voids the warranty. Of course it voids the warranty. That was not my point. Everything you do to a wheel could "void the warranty" including taking it apart to change a tire.

I don't think that changing a tire is a modification.  It's just necessary maintenance. :) 

21 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

In the mean streets of NewYork, for the rider who always needs to ride off road, now you can bring you trail with you!

I present SOD+MOD

th?id=OIP.fi_jZtzFkmc6ZzQcaeRsawHaDt%26p

Brilliant :lol:

Although I hear the company is now switching to an improved supplier of 'super-dooper-mega-leet-power-up-madcaps':

beer.jpg.4c705440395fcc73dd8b84507a5a4048.jpg

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

No, not that specifically

I know it was hyperbole. But the second you touch a screw on most new products, it voids the warranty. EUC seems to be the acceptation to the rule. Usually they want any work done at the factory or service center but since that's not really feasible for EUC's they seem to be a little more lenient.

31 minutes ago, Robse said:

I don't think that changing a tire is a modification.  It's just necessary maintenance. :) 

I agree, but they could very easily insist that you bring it to an "authorized service center" to have that work done. As they do for many other products.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:34 PM, The Brahan Seer said:

I watch most youtube at double speed nowadays, 90% of folk on youtube (though not so much EUC ones) say far to many words and I got fed up with the line "lets get started" , "without further a do" and any other combination of these kind of intro's when nothing actually needs to be said at all.  I got through this marathon by having it on as background like a radio (x2 speed) and stopping after the insults. 

You may like sponsorblock add-on for newpipe or vanced 

• Like 1

I think two guys in the video have no clue what theyr are talking about. They contradict own words withing the same video.

This is a typical example of marketing squared. For anyone understand what capacitor is this is a no brainer product. Originally idea was introduced commercially by eucyou instagram. You add capacitors parallel to the battery to make pedals stiffer, ease peak loads on the battery and make riding more sharp.

The problem is not that it's a scam or something is wrong with a product. No. This is a legit idea with some moments and limits on the wheel that won't always give a desired result. But overall adding capacitors is a good way to tweak/"overclock" your wheel (wrong word but anyways). That's not a problem

And not a price of $600 for 6 7$ capacitors soldered together by someone. That not a problem.

And the fact the people who pushing it have no idea what's inside and can't properly present a product and throw absolutely idiotic claims like it increases PWM 😁. EVEN THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM. 

my concern that there are people ready to advertise anything thrown into them along with money. but ok, there are cheap people you can buy. Not a problem 

the biggest problem is that there are people who are buying this!! There is nothing wrong to offer a product for a market. Buy or not to buy is up to a customer. But having crowds lining up to pay ,600 for a set of electrolytic capacitors is a fucking diagnosis for our community.

Also a big problem is a claim that this is so easy to install. Can easily lead to.this.  https://instagram.com/reel/CpzG5r9g7De

Also just YouTube a video how high capacity capacitors are exploding 

IMG_20230315_015238_764.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

When someone is targeting our EUC community with fraudulent marketing and fictitious interstellar pricing, I think we have a responsibility to do our best in bringing the fraud into daylight and warning as many people as possible.

I do get your point about ridiculing individual people, but here their comments often function as good examples in how and why the fraud works. Again showing how the fraud is designed you to think, and why the thought processes are not rational, I think is an effective way of educating others. Like an analysis on how they were fooled.

If the GodMod cost a quarter of what it does, and if it wasn’t marketed with lies, I’d agree with you. It’s anyone’s own business whether they want to purchase and install the mod. But that is very far from being the case.

And the Nikola cooling “solution” is just icing on the cake. The only way I can see it existing is that Declan has sold enough GodMods to have realized that you really can get away with anything as long as the marketing is engaging. But really, you need to be darn ignorant to purchase one of those. It’s those the most ignorant ones that he mainly targets. And since some of us are (and are allowed to be) indeed ignorant in EUC tech, they need and deserve help in assessing these products.

Hahah what is Nikola cooling? Can I see that? I want to laugh)) 

From my experience attempts to educate others bring light, deliver alternative view, warn, wake up people and fight fraudulent marketing and misleading advertisement was never appreciated. Let's remember the kingsong s20 thread about motor, where I got 5 points warnings for explaining this a marketing scam. And they are not done there. Pro is coming, what is the change? No change, just marketing. Did.they improve the controller, no. I was right laughing off that bs that they have a separate team looking into solution and bla bla bla.

"Don't buy you will loose money". I was warning local riders, trying to prevent them from making a mistake. It was clear as day, you can't just simply dive into high power category when all your previous wheels were commuting avarages, no performance. And what after? All those wheels dropped dead one after another. I personally carried out two fried s20 out of the forrest. And again what is the point of taking a duty and responsibility - it won't be appreciated. They want to think they are godmoded. They want to ride eagles. And it looks like you have no choice except let them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, meriwald said:

Hahah what is Nikola cooling? Can I see that? I want to laugh)) 

Just scroll up this thread, @Paul A provided screenshots. The ones with a brown background. It’s a brainful.

• Haha 1