God Mod- Buyer Beware.

The Brahan Seer

1 minute ago, Funky said:

It looks something i made, but smaller.. Is it a taser? 

now i dont know who is joking who :D  it's a 1.5 farad cap.  gogeorge would need about 50 of these to builds his funny fantasy 76 farad 100V cap :roflmao:

5 minutes ago, Robse said:

now i dont know who is joking who :D  it's a 1.5 farad cap.  gogeorge would need about 50 of these to builds his funny fantasy 76 farad 100V cap :roflmao:

Hey he will be riding one big farad. (That sounds dirty.. And i love it.):wub:

No joke - the thing reminded me of a taser. :D 

Edited by Funky

1 minute ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

ED pills for EUC :D

Just like all those ads I see when I visit ****hub.com saying there are hot singles in my area and these blue pills they're selling will make them really like me

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I do believe the EX20 has an issue with instant power delivery leading to a lower than expected low end torque performance. im hoping a capacitor bank can help with the instant load created in low torque situations. once moving the ex20 has plenty of torque, but a slow speeds its really lacking

im tempted to just buy one to make a video on but 150$ is steep for a product i may be able to make 1000x better for cheaper by sourcing different capacitors. i found some 5.5v 4farad caps that i could produce a 76farad 100v capacitor bank with

Putting supercaps in series needs load balancing like bms do. Otherwise it will lead to problems similar to charging li ion cell packs once they age/degrade.

Also such amounts of capacities with low esr could maybe lead to serious overburdening of the controller - they could rely on not instant current availability.

As low speed torque could be just intentionaly limited by firmware to protect the mosfets and wires.

Putting some farads  inbetween is some real major intervention!

Adding some milli farads near the mosfets and/or the controller already greatly increases peak current availability without endangering the design.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

The reason why more is better is redundancy

inmotion supposedly doesn't mention anything about redundancy - ie if one mosfet or capacitor dies, will the system keep going? It's something that wrongway and friends have discussed - their attitude is wait and see how it goes.

Edited by Uras

12 minutes ago, Uras said:

inmotion supposedly doesn't mention anything about redundancy - ie if one mosfet or capacitor dies, will the system keep going? It's something that wrongway and friends have discussed - their attitude is wait and see how it goes.

More parts means more points of potential failure generally. Depending on how IM has configured the board who's to say but them.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

loose a mosfet you have several layers of redundancy

This is incorrect, unless there's some very novel design in the V13 controller a single mosfet failing and acting like a short circuit will make the controller useless. My impression is that there's just a large number of them in parallel and no magic redundancy going on. Capacitors there's some argument for.

Oh Tawpie already got this covered, sorry for the additional ping, but yeah important misconception that needs to be corrected.

Edited by chanman
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 2disbetter said:

I don't see any point to the number of mosfets of there isn't any redundancy as a result. I mean why wouldn't you put them in series? 

We don't know, but that is my hunch. 

Sales. More mosfets sounds better. It's like the pixel wars of cameras before mobile phones took over - the average person equated more pixels with better quality. I'm not saying this is the reason, but if they don't have redundancy then I imagine sales is the reason. It mostly appears to be working too - people are generally equating more mosfets as being better, even though they don't actually know if they are or not.

Edited by Uras
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Uras said:

Sales. More mosfets sounds better. It's like the pixel wars of cameras before mobile phones took over - the average person equated more pixels with better quality. I'm not saying this is the reason, but if they don't have redundancy then I imagine sales is the reason. It mostly appears to be working too - people are generally equating more mosfets as being better.

I'd argue it's worse. More pixels aren't a point of failure for a camera. With the V13 it's poor engineering by adding more complexity and more parts when more complexity and more parts mean more points of failure in the primary purpose of an EUC.

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Upvote 1

Just now, oktothorpe said:

I'd argue it's worse. More pixels aren't a point of failure for a phone

There is a point of diminishing results and then negative results. Cramming more and more pixels into a tiny sensor equated to more noise. Number of pixels was the usual big selling point of any camera back in the day - those into photography knew differently. For sure though, the consequences of that weren't potentially dangerous.

Edited by Uras
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

This discussion is funny. EUC community="build us better safer wheels" "overbuild it if you have to".....inmotion v13.....EUC community= "too many parts""more opportunity for problems" ..even though there hasn't been even  one.

Psh I don't want a safer wheel, it's why I'm buying a Begode!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

why wouldn't you put them in series

I guess if each one could handle the full voltage that could maybe give some redundancy, at the expense of cost and efficiency. I can almost guarantee it's not for the V13 though from the number used, 42. Your 3 phase bridge motor driver uses groups of 6, meaning we have 7x.  The prime number doesn't give any options for 2x series and 4x parallels like it could if it was 8x,  so it's certainly all parallel to split the current load.

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

even though there hasn't been even  one

Sorry, getting way off topic from the original godmod thread, which I also think is problematic, we really need to be open and transparent about mods like this and what they accomplish with data, and that dude is not helping.

Edited by chanman
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chanman said:

I guess if each one could handle the full voltage that could maybe give some redundancy, at the expense of cost and efficiency. I can almost guarantee it's not for the V13 though from the number used, 42. Your 3 phase bridge motor driver uses groups of 6, meaning we have 7x.  The prime number doesn't give any options for 2x series and 4x parallels like it could if it was 8x,  so it's certainly all parallel to split the current load.

Amazing video, the V13 is over-engineered trash

2 minutes ago, chanman said:

I stand corrected, first i've seen. Sure looks like a cutout.

I don't have the full context for that video, and it's definitely a pre-production wheel, not sure if anyone else does or how much has changed since, but sure looks like when my V11 fried mosfets when I landed hard screwing around on dirt jumps and stuff. There doesn't seem to be any more video or comment on whether the wheel continued to work after that.

3 minutes ago, chanman said:

I don't have the full context for that video, and it's definitely a pre-production wheel, not sure if anyone else does or how much has changed since, but sure looks like when my V11 fried mosfets when I landed hard screwing around on dirt jumps and stuff. There doesn't seem to be any more video or comment on whether the wheel continued to work after that.

True and it was 3 months ago but i've abused my v11 for about 1k off road miles pretty good and it's held up so far..:thumbup: so that's why i'm buying the v13. Sorry to hear about your cutout. From everything I've read/seen I'm sure of 2 things. EUC owners are pretty brand partisan. Inmotion seems like the lesser of all the evils.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

True and it was 3 months ago but i've abused my v11 for about 1k off road miles pretty good and it's held up so far..:thumbup: so that's why i'm buying the v13. Sorry to hear about your cutout. From everything I've read/seen I'm sure of 2 things. EUC owners are pretty brand partisan. Inmotion seems like the lesser of all the evils.

Sounds like the EUC scene is similar to the the political scene in the US

9 minutes ago, chanman said:

I'm pretty sure the rider said it never actually turned off.  But it has been several months so I may be mis-remembering.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I'm pretty sure the rider said it never actually turned off.  But it has been several months so I may be mis-remembering.

From the original poster NIGK

"Everyone is very concerned about how to fall, let's say, because the first test riding V13, has not fully adapted to the weight of V13, so the instant bounce causes the body to not react so quickly, plus the hand is still holding a 360 selfie stick, afraid that the stone on the right side will hit the camera, after taking off, there is some panic resulting in loss of balance and flutter, the vehicle is not powered off, so any new car must wait to fully adapt to do some challenge actions, because each car has a different riding feeling, in addition to wearing protective gear, I was not injured"

Inmotion has a wicked free spin cutout. I tried the other day to get my v11 to free spin up to max because i was curious but kept cutting out.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe