Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

On 4/16/2023 at 12:01 AM, techyiam said:

Marty got more range from the Commander Pro than his EX30, based on his 70 miles range test for both wheels. He was averaging higher speeds on the Commander Pro too.

There are a bunch of variables that affect range besides he stats he listed, but for me personally I'll gladly lose a few miles if I have more power and hill climbing ability on demand. CP is still powerful, but it's still not a C40 motor, which still feels different. 

21 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Jimmy Chang EX30 review

I heard:

1. Kickstand is low and can strike stairs
  2. Battery boxes have a teflon-like paint which makes adhesive powerpads difficult to attach. 
  3. Wires are exposed to potential damage in various places.

(Not bad, imo)

31 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

I heard:

2. Battery boxes have a teflon-like paint which makes adhesive powerpads difficult to attach. 

(Not bad, imo)

Don't forget that the front corners of the battery boxes are low and exposed making them vulnerable to clipping on trails.

4 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Who is using their 100lb 3600wh street wheel on roots and rocks? 
I can barely tolerate 90lb SherMax on MTB! 
These are high-speed street wheels.

plus eevees said in their review if you run the suspension with the buffer ring at the top of the suspension sliders, you lose a bit of suspension travel, but won't bottom out (not that they did with the stock suspension anyways) and hit the battery corners

It's a non issue for a heavy street wheel

11 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Basically any off-road rider who wants a long range wheel. Current long range ones are practically all heavy street wheels.

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Jimmy and Andrew in the video you were referencing 😁

5 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Same never crossed my mind to use this as a trail wheel. I have my T4 for that. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

I heard:

(Not bad, imo)

1. For most stairs you're fine, only issues could be deep stairs, and if that's really an issue for someone they can detach the kickstand.
2. While waiting for my Grizzla fairing set, I cleaned and glued loop velcro and a $15 thin plastic board that I also velcroed, no issues with over 1k miles.
3. A good fairing set from Grizzla or Clark covers that up, although that isn't cheap you can also just buy the plate and ergonomic top for about $100.

image.thumb.jpeg.842f3f99d3bdfde2ec2eed39634cc492.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilvodka said:

Anyone know what the different firmwares do?  There’s more than one on there for this wheel.

Begode are not great at sharing that information, rule of thumb go with latest version.

Edited by Rawnei

I'd like to make some side panels for my EX3O (can't get the Grizzla panels on time for what I need) and I don't know the measurements I should use to make side panels that would cover both battery cases on either side of the wheel. Can anyone help me?

I should clarify that my EX30 is waiting for me abroad for a road trip, still unboxed at my family's where nobody knows about wheels which is the reason why I haven't even asked them to unbox (elderly aunt type of situation).

Edited by Nekko

5 hours ago, Nekko said:

I'd like to make some side panels for my EX3O (can't get the Grizzla panels on time for what I need) and I don't know the measurements I should use to make side panels that would cover both battery cases on either side of the wheel. Can anyone help me?

I should clarify that my EX30 is waiting for me abroad for a road trip, still unboxed at my family's where nobody knows about wheels which is the reason why I haven't even asked them to unbox (elderly aunt type of situation).

Didn’t Marty make some side panels, or maybe this was for a (past) Master? I’m sure someone who owns one will oblige, it seems that few if any can get anything to stick to the battery boxes, so you’re unlikely to be alone in this regard. It should be possible to make a rough estimate and cut a couple of plywood panels, though you may well need to source longer fixings in order to attach them. Metal screw strapping band with holes all along may also be useful for a temporary fix.

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

Didn’t Marty make some side panels, or maybe this was for a (past) Master? I’m sure someone who owns one will oblige, it seems that few if any can get anything to stick to the battery boxes, so you’re unlikely to be alone in this regard. It should be possible to make a rough estimate and cut a couple of plywood panels, though you may well need to source longer fixings in order to attach them. Metal screw strapping band with holes all along may also be useful for a temporary fix.

Thanks, I actually just need the measurements so I can precut the panels before I leave for Vietnam. I've been using some kind of silicone glue with great success on lots of my wheels so I suspect it might work even on the slippery surface of the battery cases. It's very gooey when just out of the dispenser but hardens after a few hours while remaining kind of springy. And it really sticks to surfaces powerfully.

I intend to go from the North to the South of Vietnam and document on YT, putting the EX30 through its paces.

Edited by Nekko
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Lilvodka said:

Anyone know what the new firmware does?

I just updated to the (LU) from my original SW version it was shipped with.  I did have an oscilation starting in the mid to upper 30's (which had gotten better after re-seating my tire but never went away 100%.), which now seems to be gone! 

My tail light also changes colors...was pulsing Blue, now it still pulses, but color fades from one color to the next cycling thru them all.