Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

2 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

I think the EX30 will be close to the V13, but it is not faster. Not faster top speed, faster free spin speed, or acceleration.

No worries. Marty has hire guns to do the top speed tests. We will know soon enough.

As for acceleration, I believe Jack ex-kingsong, Hsiang and Marty and perhaps others have said that the EX30 accelerates quicker than the V13.

Don't forget the V13 has a 22" tire as oppose to a 20" on the EX30.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

This has me wondering if he is the best person to be posting acceleration times. I would image someone like Kuji or Roger would be better for such things. 

Agreed. But no one seems to have picked up on the horrendous stopping distance either - 90m/300ft at just 40mph (65kmh) is nothing short of shocking.

Kuji could no doubt manage better, but Hsiang isn't a rookie rider either.

This sort of proves my concern that these big heavy wheels at speed are not to be taken lightly. A inexperienced MC rider can easily achieve 0.5g braking which even at an increased 45mph can come to a stop in 20m/67ft.

Many, many EUC riders are not versed in extreme braking manoeuvres (grabbing the front rail etc) so I only feel it is a matter of time before we start seeing more EUC accidents where the rider simply can't stop in time.

I would love to see someone like Kuji doing the best emergency stop he can manage on a Sherman S/V13/EX30 and see what figure he can get.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Agreed. But no one seems to have picked up on the horrendous stopping distance either - 90m/300ft at just 40mph (65kmh) is nothing short of shocking.

Yeah I thought that was crazy long as well ! But I can believe it. My wheel also takes a very long time to climb down from those speeds unless you REALLY assert some backwards authority !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, techyiam said:

No worries. Marty has hire guns to do the top speed tests. We will know soon enough.

As for acceleration, I believe Jack ex-kingsong, Hsiang and Marty and perhaps others have said that the EX30 accelerates quicker than the V13.

Don't forget the V13 has a 22" tire as oppose to a 20" on the EX30.

Yes but it is the might of the motor that I'm thinking about. The V13 can produce 300nm of torque. I don't think any other motor comes anywhere close to that. And because of that, I feel like the V13 should be the faster wheel in all aspects. 

Someone like Roger over in Socal would be crazy enough to really lean on the thing and get some solid acceleration numbers. 

I would really like to see a no-holds barred acceleration test between all these new wheels. 

I know Begode is way more free and loose in their software, and Inmotion is safe. But it is just the amount of power the V13 is capable of should keep it in front of the pack. 

27 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

Yes but it is the might of the motor that I'm thinking about. The V13 can produce 300nm of torque. I don't think any other motor comes anywhere close to that. And because of that, I feel like the V13 should be the faster wheel in all aspects.

You can’t ignore the effort / angle of the required lean though. The difference in wheel diameter dictates that you need to push the V13 10% harder to get just the same amount of acceleration. Add the differences in wheel’s weight, weight distribution and firmware tuning and the V13 requires  noticeably more effort to accelerate than any 18/20” wheel.

I would really like to see a no-holds barred acceleration test between all these new wheels.

Why? Your own results would be different anyway.

Unless the rider overleans, they could’ve leaned harder. Which makes acceleration test a bit pointless. It’s all about how familiar you are with each wheel’s behavior and how well the pads suit you, since the rider is the main factor that determines the speed of the acceleration. The wheel’s actual ability to accelerate comes second.

But it is just the amount of power the V13 is capable of should keep it in front of the pack. 

All the power is used only for balancing. The fact that you can accelerate with it is a secondary function. And since there are so many other factors as well, the numbers aren’t comparable with different wheels. Especially if they have different tire diameters and weights. You could have a 10kW 10kWh 100kg 26” wheel, but it would be extremely  difficult to accelerate fast.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Your own results would be different anyway.

Unless the rider overleans, they could’ve leaned harder.

You make a good point, however I'd like to see a test done on braking (acceleration doesn't interest me). In the same way as acceleration, a lot will depend on the rider/pads etc but it would be nice to know if any of the latest wheels can tolerate say a very experienced, 115kg guy, using fancy schmancy pads, grabbing the front rail and basically doing their utmost to go from say 45 to 0 mph in as short a time as possible. Firstly I'd be interested to know if it is actually possible to not 'overlean' the wheel whilst under sever braking conditions (disregarding an overcharge scenario) and secondly what distance it can be done in.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

REALLY assert some backwards authority

Cutout can also result from braking over lean.

Veteran Sherman EUC Braking Cutout - Crazy Save

77 subscribers
44,491 views Dec 13, 2021

Showing off for an interested stranger and pushed it too hard.

But pulled off the landing so well he thought it was on purpose!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/25/2023 at 8:46 AM, koto said:

A little more thing to add. These last days something came to my mind. If I have to make a choice now I would probably choose the EX30 for the following reasons. I already own a master. It is a better choice for riding in a city. So, the EX30/Commander-Pro is more for long range ride. The rear light (a security element)  of the EX30 is much more efficient that the Commander Pro one.

Now I have got the answer :-) Let me tell you more about it ;-)

Today, I have tested again the Commander Pro and the EX30 during the test session (one wheel at a time ;-) ). I tested first the commander pro: It is really nimble and so nice to carve at slow speed. The commander is better that the master and the EX30. The EX30 is not so nimble at first sight. But we cannot handle these two wheels the same way. After few minutes on the EX30 I discovered a different way to carve at low speed. It is a little bit less pleasant than with the commander pro for me but it is also nimble and funny.

When accelerating, the EX30 and the Commander Pro do not start accelerating as fast as the master but few seconds later they are all powerful.

Braking: this a killer feature which makes me definitely prefer the EX30. The commander pro brakes a little less than the master. The EX30 brakes very strong !!! It is very impressive and very reassuring.

Global stability at very low speed or at 0 km/h: The EX30 center of gravity is really slower than the master and the commander pro. It makes it just more stable naturally. In any situation where you feel unbalanced the EX30 is easier to handle.

So, it was a very good test session. I've got the answer: EX30 is the winner.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, koto said:

Today, I have tested again the Commander Pro and the EX30 during the test session (one wheel at a time ;-) ). I tested first the commander pro: It is really nimble and so nice to carve at slow speed. The commander is better that the master and the EX30. The EX30 is not so nimble at first sight. But we cannot handle these two wheels the same way. After few minutes on the EX30 I discovered a different way to carve at low speed. It is a little bit less pleasant than with the commander pro for me but it is also nimble and funny.

Were these two wheels set up similarly?  Same tire and pressure?  Similar pad setup?

Pictures would be helpful.

Edited by Paradox

15 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Begode EX30 REVIEW : The most POWERFUL 20' Electric Unicycle ?

Ronin, I watched your review earlier today, and I just wanted to ask, as you have ridden the V13 about whether or not you feel the EX30 accelerates faster than the V13?

You mentioned the Master and Commander but did not mention the V13. How does the EX30 stack up against the V13?

Thanks! I really enjoy your no nonsense approach to making videos. 

Edited by 2disbetter

5 hours ago, Paradox said:

Were these two wheels set up similarly?  Same tire and pressure?  Similar pad setup?

Pictures would be helpful.

No, these wheels are not set up similarly. They are just out of the box (The commander pro and the EX30). Of course, we can change many things with a power pads setting that suits to the rider. After that test, I changed the settings of the power pads on my master. I can brake stronger than before but it is not as powerful as the EX30 with no special settings for me.

I have no picture of my session.

Edited by koto

So Sherman range with master power in a similar profile, this wheel is perfect for me.  I think I dodged a bullet as nearly ordered a Sherman s lol.  Much prefer the modular design and ability to upgrade shock in the future.  

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 2:17 AM, Topkek said:

So Sherman range with master power in a similar profile, this wheel is perfect for me.  I think I dodged a bullet as nearly ordered a Sherman s lol.  Much prefer the modular design and ability to upgrade shock in the future.  

Same, ordered an EX30 yesterday. Can’t wait.

3 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Is the lack of smart BMS in the EX30 making it less safe to ride if the charge was very low (let's say only 1 bar left on the display)? 

Not necessarily. The wheel still has low voltage cutoff to prevent from discharging the battery below a certain voltage. You can ride the wheel all the way down to the low voltage cutoff safely. 

The current smart bms in kingsong and inmotion wheels are only passive balancing and not active balancing. They allow the user to view individual cell voltages and better monitor battery health

4 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Is the lack of smart BMS in the EX30 making it less safe to ride if the charge was very low (let's say only 1 bar left on the display)? 

If you keep balancing the pack often enough and react to any changes for example in the maximum voltage it reaches after a charge, then not really.

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

The current smart bms in kingsong and inmotion wheels are only passive balancing and not active balancing.

At least the V13 balances when needed whenever the batteries are above 3.7V, so it will keep the cells balanced even without leaving the charger connected after it turns green. That is a big improvement already, in addition to the ability to monitor the voltages.

On 3/1/2023 at 3:17 AM, Planemo said:

Many, many EUC riders are not versed in extreme braking manoeuvres (grabbing the front rail etc) so I only feel it is a matter of time before we start seeing more EUC accidents where the rider simply can't stop in time.

I have a fast EUC but my tiny brain realizes it doesn't stop quickly when going fast. I feel like you can ride anything fast and if you're reckless you're gonna be reckless. This can be EUCs, ebikes, cars, etc. It's the reckless driver that's the issue, more so than the vehicle in most cases. You can have a fast EUC and still be safe if the brakes aren't something horrendous, which I don't think any EUC braking systems are.

Edited by BKW

Some big numbers as Sho Scott said. He was holding 59.8mph on the wheel and the Tesla going 60mph creeps past him. He said it was about 54mph on the gps. 0-40mph and 40-0 in 3 seconds is insane. So that answers some of the people in here that worried about braking power. The EX30 is looking ultra powerful. I think the braking is even better than the v13 judging from some tests ive seen around

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

3 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I think the braking is even better than the v13 judging from some tests ive seen around

That is fully to be expected, due to the difference in tire diameter. A 22” tire in itself requires 10% more lean to brake as fast as a 20” tire.

I haven’t seen or heard anyone overleaning the V13 during braking, so there is more power available to use for braking. Just accessing it requires more effort.

3 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Oscillates at 56mph and the suspension is “nothing to write home about”? Sounds a bit worrisome to me.

On 3/1/2023 at 1:18 PM, 2disbetter said:

Ronin, I watched your review earlier today, and I just wanted to ask, as you have ridden the V13 about whether or not you feel the EX30 accelerates faster than the V13?

You mentioned the Master and Commander but did not mention the V13. How does the EX30 stack up against the V13?

Thanks! I really enjoy your no nonsense approach to making videos. 

Thanks for watching! The acceleration is easier on the EX30 but imo the top speed will remain better on the V13, especially after inmotion releases their top speed update. I didn’t mention the v13 because its a bigger wheel and i wanted to compare similarly sized eucs.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Thanks for watching! The acceleration is easier on the EX30 but imo the top speed will remain better on the V13, especially after inmotion releases their top speed update. I didn’t mention the v13 because its a bigger wheel and i wanted to compare similarly sized eucs.

I heard from an insider that the v13 high speed mode might not be coming anymore. Im taking it with a grain of salt, but apparently internally they aren't sure about pushing out an update

9 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I heard from an insider that the v13 high speed mode might not be coming anymore. Im taking it with a grain of salt, but apparently internally they aren't sure about pushing out an update

That would be very disappointing…