Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

13 hours ago, Lilvodka said:

Is 5003 still available?

Only available in EUCworld app, apparently... 

Gotway just released another new EX30 firmware yesterday, but I won't even flash it since all 5004 could cause oscillation on high speed unless they fix it

anyone else having connection/reporting issues with the euc world app?

i cant figure out if my mileage reporting is just waaaayyy off or if i am having intermittent connection issues.

every time i ride im getting like say 15 miles gps but the wheel reports 9

or like 24 miles gps and the wheel reports 14. 

i cant even set the range adjustment high enough to match my gps range. 

speed reporting seems correct, i believe i set it to -5% or maybe -6% to match gps speeds. 

I also experienced some negative mileage reporting one time, it showed -.86 miles

im on the 03 firmware version, thinking of updating to the 04 versions despite the high speed issues to see if the reporting corrects itself.

18 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

When I loaded the custom firmware on the Ex20s there was a toggle to correct any observed errors in distance.  After toggling it there is zero difference between the two.

31 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

i cant figure out if my mileage reporting is just waaaayyy off or if i am having intermittent connection issues.

every time i ride im getting like say 15 miles gps but the wheel reports 9

or like 24 miles gps and the wheel reports 14. 

i cant even set the range adjustment high enough to match my gps range. 

speed reporting seems correct, i believe i set it to -5% or maybe -6% to match gps speeds. 

I also experienced some negative mileage reporting one time, it showed -.86 miles

im on the 03 firmware version, thinking of updating to the 04 versions despite the high speed issues to see if the reporting corrects itself.

It looks more like the mph/kph conversion error as with the old exn/master fw than connection issues
9mi=15km 14mi=24km
@Seba had created an option in the settings to correct this, try to activate it

Edited by Bizra6ot

3 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

It looks more like the mph/kph conversion error as with the old exn/master fw than connection issues
9mi=15km 14mi=24km
@Seba had created an option in the settings to correct this, try to activate it

yup, that fixed it thanks! 

i was so confused why it was reporting 50 miles when i had gone 90ish lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Was anyone able to look up the QR code in the video?

Reading through the comments, it was a $200 coupon for the first person to use it.  I guess I need to start watching their reviews on my laptop so I can use my phone to scan the QR code easter eggs.

50 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Marty brought up an issue with the power distribution board on the EX30. It does not charge to full and has phantom drain issues. Was fixed when he replaced the board, and should come fixed on the most recent batch arriving in 2-3 weeks

Phantom drain is not fixed, he installed an older version of the charge board as a workaround, he highlights in his video that future revisions most likely has the same problem unless we apply pressure on Begode to fix it, the 2-3 weeks was about a shipment of new wheels coming in that should at least charge to full according to Begode. I think overall it wasn't super clear in this video and easy to misinterpret some things.

I made a whole thread about the phantom drain some time ago:

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1

Begode latest batch of EX30 pedals decided to ditch the spikes and go with the molded spikes like mten4 pedals. Why... They're probably trying to save a quick buck.

I was going to use their previous pedals and add spikes to the empty holes, but now it looks like i'm just gonna swap the entire pedal out for something else. Lame

5AF82260-DF3B-43EA-A0F0-396CFF324156.jpeg

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Begode latest batch of EX30 pedals decided to ditch the spikes and go with the molded spikes like mten4 pedals. Why... They're probably trying to save a quick buck.

I was going to use their previous pedals and add spikes to the empty holes, but now it looks like i'm just gonna swap the entire pedal out for something else. Lame

5AF82260-DF3B-43EA-A0F0-396CFF324156.jpeg

woof, how the mighty have fallen. Begode pedals where the gold standard in my opinion. now slimmer so they are easier to break, and with shittier spikes? Why fix what wasn't broke?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

woof, how the mighty have fallen. Begode pedals were the gold standard in my opinion. now slimmer so they are easier to break, and with shittier spikes? Why fix what wasn't broke?

Damnit I hope my master pro v2 coming with the next lem boatload doesn’t have these pedals 

On 4/5/2023 at 4:00 AM, Rawnei said:

Phantom drain is not fixed, he installed an older version of the charge board as a workaround, he highlights in his video that future revisions most likely has the same problem unless we apply pressure on Begode to fix it, the 2-3 weeks was about a shipment of new wheels coming in that should at least charge to full according to Begode. I think overall it wasn't super clear in this video and easy to misinterpret some things.

I made a whole thread about the phantom drain some time ago:

I have a master pro v2 coming in a couple weeks with a huge boatload of ex30’s I hope it can atleast charge to full .I don’t mind a slight battery drain cuz my wheels don’t sit for days I ride almost every day 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Why fix what wasn't broke?

My guess would be that it is part of trying to address the 'massive weight' thing.  And perhaps there is a price advantage to that as well, and perhaps a further saving by not using separate brass studs like they used to... I agree they look slippier, but has anyone tried them in the wet yet to see if that actually is the case ? Or, it could be them responding to comments about earlier pedals being almost too grippy, which discomfits the people who like to move their feet about on the pedals as they ride, something that is a lot harder with harsher grips...

Edited by Cerbera

13 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I have a master pro v2 coming in a couple weeks with a huge boatload of ex30’s I hope it can atleast charge to full .I don’t mind a slight battery drain cuz my wheels don’t sit for days I ride almost every day 🤷🏻‍♂️

On a Master Pro with 4800Wh maybe it doesn't matter as much but on a Master with 2400Wh that doesn't have great range to begin with loosing up to 3v pretty fast after charging to full kinda sucks.

Just now, Rawnei said:

Master with 2400Wh that doesn't have great range to begin with loosing up to 3v pretty fast after charging to full kinda sucks.

TBH this is worrying me less and less these days. If I charge it the night before, sure it'll lose a volt overnight, but I can put that back by giving it a quick half hour top-up charge just before I ride, and TBH it takes me about that long to get properly geared up, so it's lost time anyway ! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

but has anyone tried them in the wet yet to see if that actually is the case ?

the photo is from my local distributor who got one of the latest units airshipped. He says the pedals are even worse than the batch 1 pedals with less spikes, but actual brass hardware

On 4/9/2023 at 6:28 AM, Cobaltsaber said:

the photo is from my local distributor who got one of the latest units airshipped. He says the pedals are even worse than the batch 1 pedals with less spikes, but actual brass hardware

Yeah that's disappointing. I like the semi-spiked original pads, with my 3D pads/Grizzla pads I haven't had any sliding around for the 800+ miles, but I do ride with Alpinestar Motorcycle boots so my feet are planted well. Besides you can buy extra spikes for a few bucks on Amazon and put them in, as I've seen someone do. 

On 4/9/2023 at 5:53 AM, Lilvodka said:

What does the second firmware do?  There’s now the original and a colour one.

I believe it enables RED tail light.  My begode app crashes when I open the begode app, so I am unable to install the firmware.

Perhaps someone else has been able to install and test the COLOUR firmware ?

Edited by n2eus