Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

How often do you have to top up the air shock, and do maintenance on the sliders?

I check air pressure in tires and shock every 5 rides or so, and I just fill it up if needed but otherwise my shock has been good. I haven't done anything to sliders, they work fine and haven't had issues. I take if off-road and everything on the wheel has held up. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Thank you sharing.

How often do you have to top up the air shock, and do maintenance on the sliders?

I found this to be true for me too. But not too firm, just firm enough to get better chassis balance and wheel control. I guess different strokes for different folks. 

Stock shock still is a miss for many riders. Mine dumped all of its oil and lost all sense of progressiveness at roughly 500 miles. It still holds air well and I could keep riding it if i wanted to, but I'm going to replace it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Whalesmash said:

Stock shock still is a miss for many riders. Mine dumped all of its oil and lost all sense of progressiveness at roughly 500 miles. It still holds air well and I could keep riding it if i wanted to, but I'm going to replace it.

I have a coil shock ready when mine fails or may pull the trigger and get new linkages and shock, but nice thing about this design is it's easy to modify if wanted/needed. 

7 hours ago, Monoxplorer said:

Another friend bought a 62lb Sherman S which I got to ride when I ran into him while I was riding my EX30, and wow, the power difference is very noticeable. I could feel the SS motor groan when I tried to ride it like my EX30 up hills and accelerating. I'm so glad I'm not hindered by the weaker 100v system when I'm riding, that wide C40 motor is glorious, I can't get enough. The plush SS suspension is nice if that's what you like, but I like my suspension firm because you get better control when you're riding aggressively imo. 

That's weird, I'm a 105kg rider and I do steep off road climbs and very technical climbs with Sherman S, it never groans or complains, it's super strong. I don't notice any limits of 100v system in this regard at all.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rawnei said:

That's weird, I'm a 105kg rider and I do steep off road climbs and very technical climbs with Sherman S, it never groans or complains, it's super strong. I don't notice any limits of 100v system in this regard at all.

I seem to recall  Mr Kuji recently showing a lot of 134v riders in NYC a clean pair of Onitsuka Tigers whilst aboard an ‘S’ too, the 33+% voltage deficit didn’t seem to slow him down unduly.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Freeforester said:

I seem to recall  Mr Kuji recently showing a lot of 134v riders in NYC a clean pair of Onitsuka Tigers whilst aboard an ‘S’ too, the 33+% voltage deficit didn’t seem to slow him down unduly.

I dont think KujiRolls weighs much over 60 kilograms.

6 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I dont think KujiRolls weighs much over 60 kilograms.

Quite so, though perhaps other riders present (on 134v wheels) were of similar build to him?  Point being,  it’s more often than not the ‘Indian’ and not the ‘arrow’ which makes the most difference.   I’m similarly sized to Rawnei, around 105-110kg all geared up, and like him I don’t hear my ‘S’ ‘complaining’/groaning as was being suggested, but then I do recognise that we all ride (from ‘slightly to rather’) differently from each other, so it’s somewhat  a subjective matter to suggest the motor could be struggling under the control of one rider but not under another; we can but offer up our own personal experiences and hope it is of help, though ultimately the best course is for prospective owners to always make some effort to try out a few different wheels that may be of interest and within their means to acquire, and make their decision from there.      I have no doubt that the new firmware for the EX30 makes a positive difference to its overall performance, if not it’s basic design and other traits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Quite so, though perhaps other riders present (on 134v wheels) were of similar build to him?  Point being,  it’s more often than not the ‘Indian’ and not the ‘arrow’ which makes the most difference.   I’m similarly sized to Rawnei, around 105-110kg all geared up, and like him I don’t hear my ‘S’ ‘complaining’/groaning as was being suggested, but then I do recognise that we all ride (from ‘slightly to rather’) differently from each other, so it’s somewhat  a subjective matter to suggest the motor could be struggling under the control of one rider but not under another; we can but offer up our own personal experiences and hope it is of help, though ultimately the best course is for prospective owners to always make some effort to try out a few different wheels that may be of interest and within their means to acquire, and make their decision from there.      I have no doubt that the new firmware for the EX30 makes a positive difference to its overall performance, if not it’s basic design and other traits.

No doubt we have different subjective opinions but I take objection when people try to paint one wheel negatively to raise another when it's not even factually true, it happens all the time in this community (more so by Begode fans) and is so unnecessary, it's like having your favorite football team but it's not enough you have to tell everyone else how shit theirs are also, it's like people are so insecure with their choice that they have to validate themselves in that way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/29/2023 at 12:50 AM, Rawnei said:

I don't know if "groan" is the correct word, but you can feel the motor working harder (felt similar to 50e Master when battery is down to 20-30%, motor feels like it has to put in more effort for similar results), SS was almost full battery and ex30 was about 50% and the effort that you can feel the motor putting in was very noticeable, my friend rode my ex30 for that same amount of time and commented on that as well. Mind you we have a bunch of hills in the greater Seattle area so flat areas may be different, but still, when I lean into the ex30 it just goes and I don't feel like I'm held back or have much resistance from the wheel, but the SS felt like a 100v wheel with narrower magnets. Good wheel, but that c40 motor is just a blast, and with lower center the stability is confidence inspiring. I weigh about 180lbs with gear so fairly average weight. For me personally and how I ride, ex30 is a dream wheel that I can't stop riding. Got it March 18th and got 4028 miles on it as of yesterday.

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

No doubt we have different subjective opinions but I take objection when people try to paint one wheel negatively to raise another when it's not even factually true, it happens all the time in this community (more so by Begode fans) and is so unnecessary, it's like having your favorite football team but it's not enough you have to tell everyone else how shit theirs are also, it's like people are so insecure with their choice that they have to validate themselves in that way.

My intentions aren't to belittle the SS, I immediately noticed how plush the suspension is, so if that's what you like you can't beat it. But lets not pretend the actual power of the wheel is somehow more than it is. The SS is the best 100v wheel with suspension, and if you're content with that it's great, but I'm addicted to torque, with cars, motorcycles, and now euc. The thrill you get from launching yourself with ex30 power is just bliss, point blank. 

2 hours ago, Monoxplorer said:

My intentions aren't to belittle the SS, I immediately noticed how plush the suspension is, so if that's what you like you can't beat it. But lets not pretend the actual power of the wheel is somehow more than it is. The SS is the best 100v wheel with suspension, and if you're content with that it's great, but I'm addicted to torque, with cars, motorcycles, and now euc. The thrill you get from launching yourself with ex30 power is just bliss, point blank. 

More than what it is? It's #1 on the pull force test currently ahead of EX30, it will probably be dwarfed by Patton when we have numbers for it, source:

I have ridden EX30, I know someone who has one, I don't relate to what you are saying at all, it doesn't matter that Sherman S is a 100v system, LK are amazing at squeezing out power out of a 100v system, they have a very high amp limit.

I can see someone who likes speed liking the EX30 as it's objectively faster but it's the first time I see someone downplaying the torque of the Sherman S like this.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

More than what it is? It's #1 on the pull force test currently ahead of EX30, it will probably be dwarfed by Patton when we have numbers for it, source:

I have ridden EX30, I know someone who has one, I don't relate to what you are saying at all, it doesn't matter that Sherman S is a 100v system, LK are amazing at squeezing out power out of a 100v system, they have a very high amp limit.

I can see someone who likes speed liking the EX30 as it's objectively faster but it's the first time I see someone downplaying the torque of the Sherman S like this.

I went on the SS after a 30+ mile ex30 ride and that was my immediate impression that I got, I don't know anyone that has ridden a ss and x30 and thought the ss is quicker, this test is obviously not telling the actual riding experience. It's as good as they can squeeze out of the 100v system, I've also ridden the og sherm and had a exn HT so I know how 100v wheels ride and feel. The higher voltage systems paired with powerful/wide magnet motors are more powerful, otherwise people wouldn't be drooling over the Patton, which with its smaller rim+ 126v has high torque and is very powerful from what I've seen reported. The extreme is more powerful because of wider magnets and 134v, but I would love to ride either of them to experience how they ride. 

54 minutes ago, bpong said:

wow, the cops there drive volvos....they must have big budgets for police vehicles...

You do realise that the film is made in Sweden, and that Volvo is in fact a Swedish firm?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

You do realise that the film is made in Sweden, and that Volvo is in fact a Swedish firm?

no, didnt know that...must be nice though, to have the luxury of driving a volvo cop car...