Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

Good to know this needn't concern me since 99.9% of my riding is done way below 30 km/h, LOL. How people can trust their wheels enough to go 80 km/h and beyond I will never know.

If you never ride past 80kmh, you'll never get the oscillations. In your case, you'll be fine

23 minutes ago, trailless said:

took it out for another ride today and the wheel hits 45mph so fast, kind of scary how fast you get up to speed. The scarier thing is how stable it is at those speeds. The wheel just begs you to push the speed higher and higher...

Are you likening your out of the box EX30 much more than your Master?

Is the EX30 more stable at high speeds than your original Sherman? 

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

Are you likening your out of the box EX30 much more than your Master?

Is the EX30 more stable at high speeds than your original Sherman? 

I dont even want to ride my master anymore. The ex30 is that much more stable. Honestly thinking of selling the master because the ex30 made me realize the weight distribution on the master sucks... 

The sherman was what I learned on and I only had it for a little over a month. It overheated, blew a cap and dropped my while I was riding at 10mph... after that I got it fixed and sold it. So not much experience with the og sherman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trailless said:

weight distribution on the master sucks

I am getting used to that now, and it is manageable, though I suspect I would feel the same as you had I had the opportunity to try the EX-30.

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't anything I can do about that top-heaviness on the Master. What about strapping 2 large metal blocks to the underside of the pedals ?!

I could take the range hit if it gave me a lower COG !

It is probably a better idea to experiment with tires that have a "flat" cross section, not a "pointy" one.

So you think a Michelin CityGrip Extra might do better in that regard than the stock CST 186 then ?

47 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

So you think a Michelin CityGrip Extra might do better in that regard than the stock CST 186 then ?

Not sure about the citygrip extra, but i've tried the michelin pilot street 2 and shinko 244 on the master and it performs wonderfully. Smoother carving edge to edge. Still a bit top heavy unfortunately, but way more controllable

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Not sure about the citygrip extra, but i've tried the michelin pilot street 2 and shinko 244 on the master and it performs wonderfully. Smoother carving edge to edge. Still a bit top heavy unfortunately, but way more controllable

25 miles to go 'til my 1000 mile service. Will swap it out then I reckon. Cheers for input.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:46 PM, trailless said:

I haven't reached 50mph but I THOUGHT I felt oscillations at 30-40mph. I checked the tire and the tire wasn't seated evenly. Once I got it seated evenly, the oscillations went away. 

BTW took it out for another ride today and the wheel hits 45mph so fast, kind of scary how fast you get up to speed. The scarier thing is how stable it is at those speeds. The wheel just begs you to push the speed higher and higher... Anyway, the ride was only 20 miles today and I was literally yelling out loud because of how much fun I was having. 

I reached 53mph yesterday and it didn't even feel like 50 no oscillating either. 

Screenshot_20230312_103826_EUC World.jpg

11 hours ago, Eddie G. said:

I'm at 30psi and my weight is 135lbs I have my shock set to 250psi

1 hour ago, trailless said:

38-40lbs. Anything over 40lbs and I personally don't like how the stock tire behaves... 

I weigh 210 without gear, I'm at 35-40 psi. I tried 45 psi and didn't like the ride. I preferred the ride at 35 the most. I agreed with trailless, I didn't like the CST stock over 40ish. 

Shocks at 250psi, damper all the way out so the first indentations are just visible.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 2:18 PM, Cerbera said:

I am getting used to that now, and it is manageable, though I suspect I would feel the same as you had I had the opportunity to try the EX-30.

Yes, you can use the master like it is. But after riding the first time the EX30 you can immediately feel that the center of gravity is lower than on the master and you understand there there is too much weight on the top of the master. The EX30 is far heavier than the master but  the weight is more manageable on the EX30 and at high speed the EX30 is much more stable.

16 hours ago, Eddie G. said:

I reached 53mph yesterday and it didn't even feel like 50 no oscillating either. 

Screenshot_20230312_103826_EUC World.jpg

can you please let me know which firmware is in your EX30? i suspect this one is still original GW2025003 ? not GW2025004 (this version caused oscillation)?

I flashed back to GW2025003, and oscillation issue was gone

6 hours ago, Steve Jo said:

can you please let me know which firmware is in your EX30? i suspect this one is still original GW2025003 ? not GW2025004 (this version caused oscillation)?

I will check later today 

18 minutes ago, Robse said:

is it possible to lock the suspension in the same way as on a mountain bike, just as if the suspension is no present at all?

This would need a shock that has the appropriate lockout function. As is, the stock shock cannot do it.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Robse said:

is it possible to lock the suspension in the same way as on a mountain bike, just as if the suspension is no present at all?

Cant one just let out the air from the stock shock and the effect would be the same?

If not then it would probably not be too difficult to replace the stock shock with a simple metal bar with holes for the suspension linkage rods. You could have different holes for different pedal heights too.

• Like 1

Cant one just let out the air from the stock shock and the effect would be the same?

If not then it would probably not be too difficult to replace the stock shock with a simple metal bar with holes for the suspension linkage rods. You could have different holes for different pedal heights too.

Letting the air out of the shock still has the wheel bouncing up and down on the deflated shock. That added axis of movement make riding practically very awkward and risk damaging parts from constantly bottoming out the sliders

The racers already do that. They replace the suspension with a suspension "delete" system which is just a metal bar that locks the suspension out. This exists for the master, but I imagine people will start offering it for the EX30 once racing season starts up again

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Steve Jo said:

How do I check what firmware I have?