Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

10 hours ago, Lilvodka said:

I fitted the grizzla mudguard extension and it’s slapping the tire, is everyone’s doing this?  Thinking just to remove it.  

Dawn mentioned the same issue on her grizzla kit for EX30. I think its an issue with some EX30s, but not all. I havent put mine on yet

18 minutes ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

What do you think of this ?

Should just put a plastic bag on top before washing ?

Remember some Inmotion making crazy noise after dust/mud/water inside mecanics ?

EX30 should be ok from this.

7 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

:popcorn::smartass:

If you're not so sure please share where you think water would get in? 😉

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

ohh, i don't know .how about here...

ex-30-mom-waterproofing.jpg

The battery wires with no grommets on them.

No I don't think so, this is what it looks like with the cover on, it's a far fetch that water would get in there from splashing your wheel from above with a hose:

razbiraem-monokoleso-begode-ex30-10.jpg

razbiraem-monokoleso-begode-ex30-11.jpg

I would never put a hose near any wheel but my concern with the EX30 would be water hitting the stanchions and dragging dust/grit down into the legs. It's my one bugbear that there are no dust seals on the EX30, or indeed any upper lubrication. For this reason I would be keeping them super clean after every ride (using a damp cloth only). Get a bit of grit into those legs and it will be like sandpaper on the 'lubricated' stanchion bushings.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I would never put a hose near any wheel but my concern with the EX30 would be water hitting the stanchions and dragging dust/grit down into the legs. It's my one bugbear that there are no dust seals on the EX30, or indeed any upper lubrication. For this reason I would be keeping them super clean after every ride (using a damp cloth only). Get a bit of grit into those legs and it will be like sandpaper on the 'lubricated' stanchion bushings.

It's a fair point but I think that will happen just from riding unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

It's a fair point but I think that will happen just from riding unfortunately.

Agreed, but no need to poke the bear IMO. I was thinking along the lines of stanchion bellows being a possible help. Attaching the bottom end to the leg could be tricky though.

bellows.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

far fetch that water would get in there from splashing your wheel from above

I know what it looks like with the cover on...:D He wasn't "splashing" it from above. He was "spraying" it from the side.  I actually didn't say water would get in, merely pointed out that you had questioned it given your choice of words. The wheel bearing seals look even worse but it's probably fine.:D

I'm somewhat staggered this thread isn't busier than it is. Granted there was a lot of talk in the thread about the wheel prior to release and then some discussion around firmwares but very little in general recently. I don't have one (yet) but it appears to be an awesome wheel yet theres very little chat about it! Maybe because it's so good theres nothing to report?! What about mods/personalisations? (aside from the usual clark/grizzla setups!) 

39 minutes ago, EMA said:

from my point of view no-chat is a good sign, means people is riding :D

Perhaps, or perhaps not. For example, no one talks much about the Abrams. And we know the Abrams is not a popular wheel. There are lots of chatter on the Sherman-S and Patton. And both Veteran wheels seem to be popular. 

I have ridden an EX30 very briefly. The brief part was by choice. It had an aftermarket tire on it, and it wasn't my cup of tea. It rode so differently to me than the Patton, S22, V13 or an Abrams, of which I rode them back to back.

There seem to be people, like Ms Crusher who liked the Commander Pro a lot more than the EX30.

But then the weird thing is that there is very little chatter on Extreme Bull wheels. This kind of worries me.

Both the Commander Pro and Mini seem to be such high value, but there doesn't seem to be many people buying them.

For me, as it turns out, the Abrams is a wheel that I like a lot to ride, and work on. It is such a premium feeling riding wheel with great responses after the capacitor mode. It has great range too. The only negative that I have with it is the lack of suspension. 

On 7/17/2023 at 5:55 PM, Planemo said:

Guys, does anyone know the details of the charge pins on the EX30? I have an 8A charger which has a single 4 pin GX16 outlet, measuring 134.6v on pins 1 and 3. I cant get any output on any other pins. I would like to link the pins on the charge plug to share the load but this would obviously only be worthwhile if the pins on the wheels charge board are also linked.

If they aren't I will run dual GX16's from the charger but would rather use a single, linked GX16 if poss.

As you may have guessed I dont have the wheel yet otherwise I would be able answer this question!

Cheers

134v charger pinout is +1 +2  -3 -4 on a gx20 4 pin connector

22 minutes ago, EMA said:

134v charger pinout is +1 +2  -3 -4 on a gx20 4 pin connector

Thats awesome, thanks! Do you know if each of the ports on the wheel have linked pins?

And is the GX20 socket physically larger than a GX16? Or is it just a difference on the cable entry point on the male plug?

Edited by Planemo

10 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Thats awesome, thanks! Do you know if each of the ports on the wheel have linked pins?

if you mean on the pcb yes, the tester confirm

And is the GX20 socket physically larger than a GX16? Or is it just a difference on the cable entry point on the male plug?

yes it's physically bigger

16 hours ago, EMA said:

Thanks. I thought it looked bigger but its been a long time since I have seen a GX!

Great, if the pcb pins are linked I will do the same with my 8A charger plug. It may not be needed on the bigger GX20 but it never hurts to have more contact area :)

• Like 2

On 7/25/2023 at 10:09 PM, Planemo said:

I'm somewhat staggered this thread isn't busier than it is. Granted there was a lot of talk in the thread about the wheel prior to release and then some discussion around firmwares but very little in general recently. I don't have one (yet) but it appears to be an awesome wheel yet theres very little chat about it! Maybe because it's so good theres nothing to report?! What about mods/personalisations? (aside from the usual clark/grizzla setups!) 

I just hit 4k miles on my EX30, stock shock and stock tire still on, i haven't had any issues although tire is wearing down and I will probably put a Shinko 244 on since I already have it. It's an amazing wheel, latest fw made it even better. I know 4 people that I've ridden with that own ex30s, and they love them.

It is THE best street cruiser, very nimble for the weight and stable because of its lower center of gravity, and plenty of range. With the Grizzla full set you get good protection and with real pads the control I have feels amazing.

Another friend bought a 62lb Sherman S which I got to ride when I ran into him while I was riding my EX30, and wow, the power difference is very noticeable. I could feel the SS motor groan when I tried to ride it like my EX30 up hills and accelerating. I'm so glad I'm not hindered by the weaker 100v system when I'm riding, that wide C40 motor is glorious, I can't get enough. The plush SS suspension is nice if that's what you like, but I like my suspension firm because you get better control when you're riding aggressively imo. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Monoxplorer said:

I just hit 4k miles on my EX30, stock shock and stock tire still on, i haven't had any issues

Thank you sharing.

How often do you have to top up the air shock, and do maintenance on the sliders?

16 minutes ago, Monoxplorer said:

The plush SS suspension is nice if that's what you like, but I like my suspension firm because you get better control when you're riding aggressively imo. 

I found this to be true for me too. But not too firm, just firm enough to get better chassis balance and wheel control. I guess different strokes for different folks.