Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

but nevermind, Volvo is such a good and safe car, and since 2020 all and every new Volvo is limited to a max speed of 112 mph / 180 kmph. In that way Volvo has made sure that nobody will ever again die or get serious injuried if he drives a Volvo.  Speeds under 180 kmph are safe and harmless.  I want a wheel that goes 179 kmph.

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

To clarify what I meant by describing Volvo as a Swedish Firm (which I accept is itself now owned by a Chinese Company), I used the word ‘firm’ in its meaning understood to indicate a manufacturing concern, usually a type of partnership or concern of more than two persons:

Origin
55275d5398fb305a1526af96da12821b37c43ffc
late 16th century: from Spanish and Italian firma, from medieval Latin, from Latin firmare ‘fix, settle’ (in late Latin ‘confirm by signature’), from firmus ‘firm’; compare with farm. The word originally denoted one's autograph or signature; later (mid 18th century) the name under which the business of a firm was transacted, hence the firm itself (late 18th century). 

Volvo made the cars, trucks etc pretty much wholly in Sweden for generations; more recently, as money matters came to the fore, a Chinese company came in to underwrite the firm. They basically bought its debt and became de facto owners, of the (then distressed) Swedish firm who continue to produce the cars, in Sweden. More recently, other countries have had manufacturing plants set up producing Volvo cars, including China (dad’s 240’s were all made in Gothenburg in the day, before the changes). I suppose it is more of a Chinese/international concern now - the joys of globalisation, lol.

Ascribe it to the quirks of our language, and/or practitioners of same. No offence intended!
Edited by Freeforester
  • Haha 1

Maybe I'll sidetrack this discussion a bit, what is the maximum amperage at which it is safe to charge the EX30? I'm just about to order a fast charger, so need to know the parameters.

15 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Chinese company came in to underwrite the firm. They basically bought its debt and became de facto owners, of the

no, Volvo sold their soul 😁

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, pioneer said:

Maybe I'll sidetrack this discussion a bit, what is the maximum amperage at which it is safe to charge the EX30? I'm just about to order a fast charger, so need to know the parameters.

The charge distribution board limits you to 10amps. Some people have bypassed this with an additional XT60 connector past the charge board for the master pro (it's a massive battery and 10a isn't enough).

That being said, the new variable chargers such as the GTK/roger charger and huawei chargers are excellent. They're even more compact than the standard 10a chargers

36 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

The charge distribution board limits you to 10amps. Some people have bypassed this with an additional XT60 connector past the charge board for the master pro (it's a massive battery and 10a isn't enough).

That being said, the new variable chargers such as the GTK/roger charger and huawei chargers are excellent. They're even more compact than the standard 10a chargers

I think it's possible to order from a local manufacturer a charger with two output sockets and likely variable amperage for each socket (usually a half/full amperage switch), so the question is perhaps a bit broader: what should be the maximum amperage when 1) charging through one socket 2) charging through both sockets?

Freeforester.......You do know Mike got it back from the police some time ago?
Also no fine as they had no proof af something illegal going on :D :D 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

That's good news.

But I don't buy the no proof part. Weren't the police following him. They would know whether he was going faster than 20/25 km/h  or not, wouldn't they?

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

That's good news.

But I don't buy the no proof part. Weren't the police following him. They would know whether he was going faster than 20/25 km/h  or not, wouldn't they?

yes good news. I suppose Swedish police dont use the internet and never watched YouTube.... 🫣. regarding speeding: they need proof in form of video or measuring speed over a distance with calibrated instrument.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Robse said:

yes good news. I suppose Swedish police dont use the internet and never watched YouTube.... 🫣. regarding speeding: they need proof in form of video or measuring speed over a distance with calibrated instrument.

You are probably right. But my hunch is that the city doesn't really want to prosecute. 

If they wanted to, there is no way they would be able to find out that they have in their possession a Begode EX30.

25 minutes ago, techyiam said:

That's good news.

They saw him drive past "fast" at an intersection, then they speeded to reach him at a stop light, so there's no evidence for the prosecutor except the police saying "it looked fast" which is not good enough for a case.

43 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

Freeforester.......You do know Mike got it back from the police some time ago?

Good news, and a salutary reminder and lesson, one would hope.

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

They saw him drive past "fast" at an intersection, then they speeded to reach him at a stop light, so there's no evidence for the prosecutor except the police saying "it looked fast" which is not good enough for a case.

But didn't the police told Mike that they wanted to confiscate the wheel to see whether the wheel itself was legal.

It can't be that hard to prove an EX30 can go faster than 20/25 km/h motor assisted. 

Edited by techyiam

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But didn't the police told Mike that they wanted to confiscate the wheel to see whether the wheel itself is legal.

It can't be that hard to prove an EX30 can go faster than 20/25 km/h motor assisted. 

a speed limited ebike or escooter will go a lot faster than 25 kmph going downhill, so 😁 . A true test would require a police officer as suicide pilot riding that wheel at top speed.  Good luck with that 😉

Perhaps there is an electric wheel rider in Sweden who is also a police officer?

The police knew they didn't have proof at the scene, yet they confiscate the wheel to test, but did not pursue the illegal pev angle at the end.

All you Swedish riders who will be getting your Extreme soon, be wary of a cop who would want to confiscate your Extreme for testing purposes.  :)

Who needs demo days. All the officer has to do is to pick you guys off one by one.

2 minutes ago, Robse said:

a speed limited ebike or escooter will go a lot faster than 25 kmph going downhill, so 😁 . A true test would require a police officer as suicide pilot riding that wheel at top speed.  Good luck with that 😉

In the laws I have seen, it has to be motor assisted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Perhaps there is an electric wheel rider in Sweden who is also a police officer?

The police knew they didn't have proof at the scene, yet they confiscate the wheel to test, but did not pursue the illegal pev angle at the end Ic.

All you Swedish riders who will be getting your Extreme soon, be wary of a cop who would want to confiscate your Extreme for testing purposes.  :)

Who needs demo days. All the officer has to do is to pick you guys off one by one.

You might find that they were as much curious as intent on outdated law enforcement. They do have a bit of wiggle room, and all things considered, whilst speeding is of course dangerous as well as anti social, they may have taken the view that no actual harm/excessive noise/danger was caused to other on this occasion. We know it’s a matter of time before personal electric vehicles become legalised, their crazy carbon dioxide crusade virtually ensures this. As before, it may have been a case of just giving Mike a wee reminder that the road is for the responsible use of all vehicles, as well as giving them something ‘new’ to get a bit of knowledge about first hand back down at the station, Mike did say they were cool with him at the time.

• Like 1