Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

18 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Roger has been testing his EX-30 and finds the pre-crash 'dip point' for him at 83% PWM and 65 mph...

Why would it dip at 83% PWM?

13 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

'Field weakening'.

That shouldn't matter, PWM is PWM, maybe darknessbot is not comptaible with the firmware?

Edited by Rawnei

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

That shouldn't matter, PWM is PWM, maybe darknessbot is not comptaible with the firmware?

It seems to work properly here he also uses the test fw and the data seems consistent no dip in his vids cruising for a long time at this percentage so idk (104kph vs 98kph @85%pwm might be the weight difference Roger is 30kg lighter than him)
https://www.youtube.com/@eucsvoboda/videos

I wonder if the latest Begode reports the real pwm now or is it still evaluated by the apps? In the second case it could explain the difference between Darknessbot & Wheellog

Edited by Bizra6ot

5 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

It seems to work properly here he also uses the test fw and the data seems consistent no dip in his vids cruising for a long time at this percentage so idk (104kph vs 98kph @85%pwm might be the weight difference Roger is 30kg lighter than him)
https://www.youtube.com/@eucsvoboda/videos

I wonder if the latest Begode reports the real pwm now or is it still evaluated by the apps? In the second case it could explain the difference between Darknessbot & Wheellog

I often see Darknessbot users on Telegram as for the specific "PWM Offset" for their model of Begode wheel, definitely seems like some discrepancy going on there between wheel and app.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I often see Darknessbot users on Telegram as for the specific "PWM Offset" for their model of Begode wheel, definitely seems like some discrepancy going on there between wheel and app.

Seba confirmed that Begode still hadn't implemented pwm (although Freestyler released the fix a year and a half ago...), so assuming the data is correct on WL for 98kph @85% (no dip), I guess that at 104/105kph Roger is close to 100% definitely something is wrong with DB

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

Seba confirmed that Begode still hadn't implemented pwm (although Freestyler released the fix a year and a half ago...), so assuming the data is correct on WL for 98kph @85% (no dip), I guess that at 104/105kph Roger is close to 100% definitely something is wrong with DB

Aha so just a guestimate 😬 that's unreliable thought we were past that.

On 11/28/2023 at 9:24 AM, Rawnei said:

Aha so just a guestimate 😬 that's unreliable thought we were past that.

That's what I was thinking too, which is why I was talking about weight in the first place
As I don't use DB but Eucw, when I first wanted to set my pwm on the Ex30 I only had 2% deviation without correction(which is set to -10% by default so I set it to 0 to assess)
Result was -102% safety margin, as Begode doesn't have pwm based on 100% this could have been correct
I mean with this result that just seems right and all the new features like pedal adjustment race mode field weakening, I naively thought that they had used the freestyler's hard work to report the pwm as well because it was more important than anything else

edit,  Kebye replied  "Ok .we can change app show really pwm output"

Edited by Bizra6ot

On 12/2/2023 at 3:57 AM, Crab said:

Just picked this up, waiting for a dry day to get out.

I don't normally like the fairings on wheels, but the Clark pad fairings on a ex30 is bloody sexy. 

I've done 700km on the ex30 now and still really enjoying it. Definitely my favourite wheel I've had. 

It's got speed, torque, range, stability and suspension. A wheel that you don't need to worry about anything while riding, just focus on having fun. 

I've changed the tire to a Pirelli Diablo Rosso, suspension to a Ema style linkage with a dnm burner. I've swapped the stock pads with fairing plates and 3d printed pads. 

Definitely setup exactly how I like it now. 

It's amazingly easy to work on and using the same design from the other wheels means I can use my t4 knowledge for the ex30. 

The only issue I've had so far is with the scraping the battery hangers on kerbs and going down stairs. 

B67unw8.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, corn said:

Anyone try EX30_GW2025013 yet? It says "added torque" in the changelog, and that's it. 

My buddy updated and some reports on Telegram are that the new 5013 firmware tends to pedal dip more than the previous firmware. Offroad mode which wouldnt have that pedal "assist" tilt on hard mode previously now tilts forward and back on accelerating and braking. The torque does seem to be higher if you are ok with the pedal assist type dip feeling

Edited by Cobaltsaber

On 12/10/2023 at 8:47 AM, Cobaltsaber said:

My buddy updated and some reports on Telegram are that the new 5013 firmware tends to pedal dip more than the previous firmware. Offroad mode which wouldnt have that pedal "assist" tilt on hard mode previously now tilts forward and back on accelerating and braking. The torque does seem to be higher if you are ok with the pedal assist type dip feeling

Nah, I don't see much difference. Hit 90 kph with ease....but if you want to go fast, then stay with field weakening firmware but compromising the torque 

• 2 weeks later...

So the oil seals on the EX30 motor doesn't really work that well, 2 local riders had their bearings go bust before the winter even started, perhaps the factory doesn't put any grease there inbetween bearing and seal?

IMG-20231223-WA0014.thumb.jpg.ecca5e9f3534a0ff4e0b89dd229e7eba.jpg

IMG-20231223-WA0015.thumb.jpg.4081764517080408929eeaca6fed0ed6.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 4:22 AM, Rawnei said:

So the oil seals on the EX30 motor doesn't really work that well, 2 local riders had their bearings go bust before the winter even started, perhaps the factory doesn't put any grease there inbetween bearing and seal?

Before winter months means no salt on roads. Did the guy ride his wheel on the beach, or close to a body of salt water?

That seems like a lot of corrosion without being exposed to salt.

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

Before winter months means no salt on roads. Did the guy ride his wheel on the beach, or close to a body of salt water?

That seems like a lot of corrosion without being exposed to salt.

No not at all, two local riders same thing.

25 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

An even faster firmware too? Dang

I'd really like to know exactly what they are changing with these FW updates. I literally looked last night and it was showing the one uploaded on 20240111 so that had already superseded my current FW dated 20230922!! Now this one on the 22/01 too, I'm well out of date! Just wish we had proper feedback of what we're getting before updating given theres always a risk in doing it.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

An even faster firmware too? Dang

92 mph freespin + a boost mode "accelerated head down" that behaves like the "accelerated stability" on the the Exn/Mss line, but instead of raising the pedals until they are pointing upwards it stop flat
Also the latest version of the app lets us adjust the field weakening %