Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

6 hours ago, Crab said:

Anyone know the phase wire order by color on the board? And how to check hall sensor wires?

Your questions doesn't match your video, in the video there is resonance from motor vibrations, motor vibrations are normal, the resonance is from something being loose thus amplifying the motor vibrations, possibly display or motherboard screws are not tightened.

15 hours ago, Crab said:

Anyone know the phase wire order by color on the board? And how to check hall sensor wires?

I turned my EX30 on like that once last year and I did not have a good time.

The motor felt rough when riding. I power cycled it and it stopped. Since then I only start it balanced and I do not use the "lift switch".

If it is not then it is as Rawnei says. Also check your motor screws since they have a tendency to loosen. But normally this is a loose motherboard issue.

edit: spelling

Edited by Mike Sacristan

12 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Your questions doesn't match your video, in the video there is resonance from motor vibrations, motor vibrations are normal, the resonance is from something being loose thus amplifying the motor vibrations, possibly display or motherboard screws are not tightened.

Turns out the 4 display screws were too tight!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crab said:

Turns out the 4 display screws were too tight!

Didn't know too tight was a thing but good find!

Edited by Rawnei

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Didn't know too tight was a thing but good find!

Neither did I, can't see how this could make any difference as the display is on standoffs which are there to provide a firm, flat mount and prevent any board flex. Do them up too tight and you'll either strip the threads and/or start chewing up the board but the areas around the bolts aren't in any way linked to or related to the working circuits. Maybe there was a wire caught under it? Or something preventing the board from sitting flat on the standoffs? Either way, I would be pretty cautious about this because if 'loosening' the board makes things work but tightening it doesn't, it suggests that the board is flexing and a solder point or trace has cracked somewhere.

All mobo and display bolts should be 'tight', and with blue threadlock.

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Neither did I, can't see how this could make any difference as the display is on standoffs which are there to provide a firm, flat mount and prevent any board flex. Do them up too tight and you'll either strip the threads and/or start chewing up the board but the areas around the bolts aren't in any way linked to or related to the working circuits. Maybe there was a wire caught under it? Or something preventing the board from sitting flat on the standoffs? Either way, I would be pretty cautious about this because if 'loosening' the board makes things work but tightening it doesn't, it suggests that the board is flexing and a solder point or trace has cracked somewhere.

All mobo and display bolts should be 'tight', and with blue threadlock.

I thought he meant the plastic cover itself (that's what I meant anyway) not the actual board but maybe @Crab can clarify.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

I thought he meant the plastic cover itself (that's what I meant anyway) not the actual board but maybe @Crab can clarify.

Good point, but either way I would still want to know exactly what was causing this because it isn't ideal. Would the same situation happen if one happens to put too much pressure around the display area when sitting for example?

20 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I know it seems odd but the screws holding the display with standoffs. I replaced bearings but now I'm wondering if something else was going on, I could feel it in my feet. I need to gear up tomorrow and test ride it, seems to spin up and act normal but we shall see.

Honestly mate I would be pulling the display off again and carefully inspecting every connection around/under it to see if something was trapped/not seated properly. Or at least trying to repeat the symptoms to try and identify what was happening. I'd be too scared to ride the wheel as it is but you're big enough to make that decision yourself! :)

18 hours ago, Planemo said:

Honestly mate I would be pulling the display off again and carefully inspecting every connection around/under it to see if something was trapped/not seated properly. Or at least trying to repeat the symptoms to try and identify what was happening. I'd be too scared to ride the wheel as it is but you're big enough to make that decision yourself! :)

So I only took the display off and didn't disconnect anything but the hall sensor and phase wires. Green, blue, yellow in that order. I took it out today and rode 43 miles at various speed, it still makes noise but runs perfectly. I also just updated the firmware but haven't had a chance to test it further, the humming comes and goes perhaps louder after it warms up. I'm going to try and get some sound clips with the 360 cam this week. 

IMG_20240407_165400_047.jpg

Edited by Crab

Sounds good. I can't remember the phase order so can't help you there but if it wasn't right I think you would have more problems than you do. Would be interesting to hear the noise you feel you shouldn't be getting. I'm out of the FW loop too, I'm using quite an old one and don't want to change it tbh.

On 4/7/2024 at 10:01 PM, Planemo said:

Sounds good. I can't remember the phase order so can't help you there but if it wasn't right I think you would have more problems than you do. Would be interesting to hear the noise you feel you shouldn't be getting. I'm out of the FW loop too, I'm using quite an old one and don't want to change it tbh.

Planning to check all the fasteners tonight and firmware change I did last night. Now on 14, the latest Begode offers. If that doesn't work I might roll it back and try 11.

Update: quick ride to my shop and it seems better with firmware change, waiting on weather for a proper test

Edited by Crab