Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

2 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Grizzla is already developing fairings and bumpers, shouldn't be an issue

Yeah, I suspect they are gonna struggle a bit there. The ONE weakness of their fairing design, which is forced on them to some extent by the available fixing points on the wheels is that there are no attachment points for the whole lower 2/3 of the area they should cover. Even on the Master, where the battery cases are flat the double sided tape they give you there doesn't stick very firmly, and they will need MUCH more of it to secure to a ridged surface. Ideally they might find a way to screw mount it using the bottom screws of the battery cases and avoid the double sided foam tape altogether....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah, I suspect they are gonna struggle a bit there. The ONE weakness of their fairing design, which is forced on them to some extent by the available fixing points on the wheels is that there are no attachment points for the whole lower 2/3 of the area they should cover. Even on the Master, where the battery cases are flat the double sided tape they give you there doesn't stick very firmly, and they will need MUCH more of it to secure to a ridged surface. Ideally they might find a way to screw mount it using the bottom screws of the battery cases and avoid the double sided foam tape altogether....

If you look at the battery packs of the EX30 there are screws on them at the edges, three at the top and three at the bottom for six total per battery pack making twelve total per side. I wouldn't be surprised if Grizzla used these as mount points and provide screws that are a bit longer to account for the fairings given there are twelve easily accessible mount points the cover the entire surface area of the battery packs for mounting.

Edited by GHOSTTE

1 minute ago, GHOSTTE said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Grizzla used these as mount points and provide screws that are a bit longer to account for the fairings given there are twelve easily accessible mount points the cover the entire surface area of the battery packs for mounting.

I hope they do, but those lower attachment points also exist on the Master, so there was obviously some reason they couldn't use those...

Edited by Cerbera

Just now, Cerbera said:

I hope they do, but those lower attachment points also exist on the Master, so there was obviously some reason they couldn't use those...

I'm not referring to where the battery pack attaches to the wheel, I'm referring the the battery pack itself. There are screws on them now because they are metal unlike the master

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHOSTTE said:

I'm not referring to where the battery pack attaches to the wheel, I'm referring the the battery pack itself. There are screws on them now because they are metal unlike the master

Those ?

E77CD706-40BF-4515-9241-489DA8BC7DDC.jpeg

Edited by tumbla.jr

Not sure what the discussion is about, these packs are the same concept as Master packs just a bit bigger and in aluminum, same type of mounting, same type of screws, for Grizzla fairings it's just a matter of changing dimensions to fit this model.

2 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Not sure what the discussion is about, these packs are the same concept as Master packs just a bit bigger and in aluminum, same type of mounting, same type of screws, for Grizzla fairings it's just a matter of changing dimensions to fit this model.

The Master Grizzla fairings only use screws at the top. For some reason they ignore the ones at the base of the battery packs and those are only held on by double sided foam tape.

Just now, Cerbera said:

The Master Grizzla fairings only use screws at the top. For some reason they ignore the ones at the base of the battery packs and those are only held on by double sided foam tape.

Yes I have these fairings, I use velcro on two places on the batteries in addition to the top screws, works fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Yes I have these fairings, I use velcro on two places on the batteries in addition to the top screws, works fine.

Velcro doesn’t stick well on those aluminium boxes because of the raised ribs

6 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Velcro doesn’t stick well on those aluminium boxes because of the raised ribs

Ah I see, this was the original concern? Velcro + some double sided foam might work well still, will see what Grizzla comes up with though.

I just watched the video in its entirety. I personally think the quality -- not the motherboard section because I did not see it in the video -- is surprisingly good for Begode. From what I've seen so far, I think this wheel looks to be pretty solid overall. On the street this wheel is going to be a monster; one, if not, the best wheels on the road. I can see this wheel doing light to medium off-roading, but as soon as you go into more rough off-roading those batteries and padding are going to hit/scrape.

As far as adding more studs to the pedals, I think this is possible as it looks like they left empty holes to put more studs if you want?

Electric Dream's video kind of highlighted the battery location in the worst way, which initially gave me a bad impression of the wheel. But, after seeing it more close-up, I feel pretty good about this wheel both in performance and build quality. I think Begode might have finally stepped their game with the quality-aspect here (more time will tell for sure).

Unlike the Commander Pro, this wheel instills confidence in the product, so I think it'll be a good seller -- better than the V13 in my opinion, and definitely better than the Commander Pro, unless the EBCP drastically addresses its quality issues before production releases.

Solid wheel it looks like :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kingsong Russia said:

I've finished teardown.. sorry. w/o video version.

image.jpeg.ca1f4db6f756157d5411ffb76a78b272.jpeg

Hey, can I ask you a favor if you get the chance? See if Master battery packs will physically fit on the EX30 frame, thanks!

7 hours ago, Kingsong Russia said:

I've finished teardown.. sorry. w/o video version.

image.jpeg.ca1f4db6f756157d5411ffb76a78b272.jpeg

Weird, the first example of steel liners used for the motor bearings. With interesting rationale: 

There have already been complaints on the S22 that the oil seal “eats” the aluminum hub. Here is an interesting intermediate solution.

The inside of the hub is aluminum, then comes the steel ring

razbiraem-monokoleso-begode-ex30-87.jpg 

And it looks like tire mounting will be a real pain on this new wide rim.

58mm, we get the fit width of the rim tire. I think this is the widest one.

The central recess is not very pronounced, which can cause problems when installing especially hard tires.

razbiraem-monokoleso-begode-ex30-75.jpg

Edited by RagingGrandpa

I am becoming convinced enough about the quality of the EX30 that I perhaps would have bought it instead of the Master, had it been available at the time, despite its extra weight, which, like the V13 I suspect is much better managed than on the Master series. There is an inherent instability to that (manageable and even exciting in some ways) above certain speeds that doesn't look like it is so much the case here. Looks like it's more planted.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I am becoming convinced enough about the quality of the EX30 that I perhaps would have bought it instead of the Master, had it been available at the time, despite its extra weight, which, like the V13 I suspect is much better managed than on the Master series. There is an inherent instability to that (manageable and even exciting in some ways) above certain speeds that doesn't look like it is so much the case here. Looks like it's more planted.

The ex30 is basically what all the other wheels after the master were building up to. Its the completely refined design of the master with most if not all of its issues fixed. Now they need to just raise the battery boxes a tad, or install skinnier master packs on the ex30 and you'll have a perfect c40 master that doesnt scrape the bottom. Begode really was waiting for this wheel to be their magnum opus of this generation of wheels lol

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Now they need to just raise the battery boxes a tad, or install skinnier master packs on the ex30 and you'll have a perfect c40 master that doesnt scrape the bottom. Begode really was waiting for this wheel to be their magnum opus of this generation of wheels lol

No no no ! It was the thinness and skinniness of the packs (exacerbated by high pedal height relative to both ground and axle) that made it inherently unstable / unwieldy / top-heavy ! I thought the EX30 gets its (presumably better) grounded feel by doing less of all those things ? Maybe they went too low !

Edited by Cerbera

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

No no no ! It was the thinness and skinniness of the packs (exacerbated by high pedal height relative to both ground and axle) that made it inherently unstable ! I thought the EX30 gets its (presumably better) grounded feel by doing less of all those things ? Maybe they went too low !

I mean honestly the low battery boxes wont be an issue for the way I ride. I plan to ride this like a sherman. A high speed street cruiser. No curbs (I aint jumping  a 100lbs wheel), no offroad. This wheel is going to be king of the track imo. The race events were filled with masters, RS and even the EXN won a couple races. The super low battery boxes and power will make this wheel insane as a track wheel. Maybe if we had a raised option or holes to raise it for those who want more of an all rounder wheel?

• Like 2