Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

You can grab an EX30 for $3849 at Rev Rides if you use Chooch's code chooch50. I've already preordered through eWheels or else I'd grab this

https://revrides.com/collections/valentines-sale-2023/products/begode-ex30-preorder

Edit: don't buy from here, see my post later in this thread

Edited by GHOSTTE

1 hour ago, GHOSTTE said:

New contender for top speed on a wheel, 93.9 km/h (58.4 mil/h) according to this. Take that V13

https://www.ecohuman.pl/pl/blog/news/nowy-rekord-predkosci-na-begode-ex30

that original post on fb does seem to say they went 93.9kmh with no beeps and only 77% pwm. Thats an insane headroom which makes for a super powerful wheel. However I think there is something a little strange about that number. They were able to get almost 94kmh with 77% margin when the ex30 only freespins at 120kmh? There must have been some tailwind or slight downhill or something because most wheels pwm are in the 90% around 20kmh under their freespin speed

I think the v13 is still more powerful than the ex30, but inmotion has it locked behind firmware. They want the headroom and tiltback to prevent people from cutting out

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

that original post on fb does seem to say they went 93.9kmh with no beeps and only 77% pwm. Thats an insane headroom which makes for a super powerful wheel. However I think there is something a little strange about that number. They were able to get almost 94kmh with 77% margin when the ex30 only freespins at 120kmh? There must have been some tailwind or slight downhill or something because most wheels pwm are in the 90% around 20kmh under their freespin speed

I think the v13 is still more powerful than the ex30, but inmotion has it locked behind firmware. They want the headroom and tiltback to prevent people from cutting out

I just don't know if that's possible. Almost 60mph and only 77%pwm. Especially on a c40 motor, which is meant for higher torque than the c38 motor. 

Anyway, doesn't really bother me. I'm never hitting those speeds on an EUC. 

13 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

You can grab an EX30 for $3849 at Rev Rides if you use Chooch's code chooch50. I've already preordered through eWheels or else I'd grab this

https://revrides.com/collections/valentines-sale-2023/products/begode-ex30-preorder

Actually don't order from Rev Rides, they charge tax even if you're out of state ($4,200+ for me) so it's more expensive than eWheels which is all inclusive. Go buy from Jason at eWheels!

• Like 1

From Grizzla

Indeed, we have big plans for the EX30, this EUC arrives at our workshop at the end of this week and we are having the models of it already.
We'll be designing the fairings, bumpers, bottom battery protectors and mudguard.

Best  regards,
Arek from Grizzla team

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cerbera said:

Ooh. That's nice. Well done Begode - you have fixed pretty much every issue found in the Masters that came before. Look at that beefy solid suspension brace bar - unlike the Masters', that now has loads of steel both sides of the holes.

Solid frame, better waterproofing, lower CoG on batteries, lighter pedals, nicer lights, nicer top pad (better shape, fixing points and material), metal packs with extra protection for scuffing, and generally a bit more all-round thought seems to have gone into this.

Still a way to go before the electronics look like IM's but on the right path I would say. If I didn't already have a Master I would have more of struggle that I first guessed to decide between this and the V13. I think the V13 would still win in the end, but it wouldn't be the forgone / inevitable conclusion I thought it might be. Perhaps Begode are still in with a fighting chance if this is the new level of their builds...

This wins because it comes in black once you take off the ugly foam for a fairing+pad combo; no uggo orange like the V13

54 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Better quality wheel for a better quality fire in your home, brought to you by Begode!

No no, remember we've seen the drill test now, and only the magic smoke, and a slightly apprehensive CEO !!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Need Grizzla to hurry up now with their fairings and bumpers so they arrive at the same time as the wheel

And while Grizzla are getting your fairings ready, I hope you are working out a way to get your Octopus logo worked into the wheel design ;)

57 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

It's stolen from 007 SPECTRE lol

Well if police can't find and stop ya, I imagine MGM and Christophe Waltz won't either :) and that would look very damn cool in white somewhere on a black wheel... also small chance you may be able to gain employment as a part-time assassin, much in the same sort of way some people use their wheels for UberEats, except with less hot drinks to carry !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, trailless said:

Thank you for the teardown vid. Looks like a solid wheel. Quick question, can you bonk a curb without hitting the bottom pads? 

I think the Sherman with its roll bar is extended to the same spot as the ex30 battery. If that’s the case, then you should be able to bonk curbs. I still don’t like where that battery is personally

Edited by BKW