Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

11 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Looking at aftermarket tire options for the EX30, 80/100-14 seem pretty rare. Any thoughts on a 90/100-14 fitting? I thought the C40 was supposed to be wider than the C38 so wondering if it would fit.

Someone on Facebook mentioned that 90width doesn't fit because it hits the suspension. He mentions that 80width is the widest that the suspension will allow.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, trailless said:

Someone on Facebook mentioned that 90width doesn't fit because it hits the suspension. He mentions that 80width is the widest that the suspension will allow.

Damn, will need to look at 80/XXX then

3 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

Looking at aftermarket tire options for the EX30, 80/100-14 seem pretty rare. Any thoughts on a 90/100-14 fitting? I thought the C40 was supposed to be wider than the C38 so wondering if it would fit.

the original tire they were gonna use is a duro brand tire in 80/100-14. They said it was terrible for turning so they changed it. An 80/100 tire is still an 80mm wide tire from carcass wall to wall. The 100 was the aspect ratio so it was a taller tire for the same width

They use the cst186 tire currently which is a 2.75-14 tire. Its the same tire size as the exn, sherman, RS, etc. Meaning the rim being wider doesnt actually affect the tire fitment. It just stretches the profile of the tire wider and changes how certain tires feel on a wider rim. 

You can put an 80/90-14 tire on the ex30 such as the michelin pilot street 2. Its been confirmed to fit and is the same size as the stock cst186. Just go with your regular sherman sized tires in 80/90-14 and 2.75-14

90/90-14 and 90/XX-14 tires wont fit

Edited by Cobaltsaber
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Thanks, want a good street tire will go for the Michelin Pilot

Take a look at the Continental ContiScoot 80/90-14. Most EUC riders run the Michelin but I've heard good things about the Continental as well

14 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

I thought it was meant to be wider too. Will need to get clarification if a 90 will fit. The 100-14 looks like the profile could be too high but again we will need clarification on this too.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

3 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I thought it was meant to be wider too. Will need to get clarification if a 90 will fit. The 100-14 looks like the profile could be too high but again we will need clarification on this too.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

This is just one person's report but he says 90 and even 100 fit on the rim but doesn't fit on the wheel. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5834040446693870/?comment_id=5834069596690955&reply_comment_id=5835926783171903

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BKW said:

yup. i just saw that. this wheel is a street cruiser. those batteries need to be raised if you want to do stuff like this

I guess it's just a bit disappointing that you can't go down stairs. Oh well, im still excited and the wheel should be here sometimes before March.

26 minutes ago, BKW said:

yup. i just saw that. this wheel is a street cruiser. those batteries need to be raised if you want to do stuff like this

His tyre does look very low pressure in that video, and he is quite a heavy rider... also not entirely sure his pads were properly lined up with the metal bar - they seem to be hanging off the bottom a bit, which I noticed in someone else's video the other day. Cruiser or not, most cruises involve some kerbs and a few steps even if you choose your paths quite carefully so you'd really hope it could do the shallower of them, if not huge flights of steep ones...

Lastly, would those pads have scuffed down on contact had they been stuck on with anything other than the pretend glue they ship with ?

Edited by Cerbera

I don't agree with the notion that every wheel should be able to do stairs. People who want to do stairs should buy stair capable wheels. I don't believe people who don't do stairs should pay a price of high center of gravity.

Edited by techyiam

11 minutes ago, Paul A said:

The video shows the (green plastic/metal?) striking the stairs, and ripping chunks off the stairs.

Damage and bending of the plastic/metal would also occur from riding off kerbs.

Nah the tire and suspension compress way more when hitting stairs as the contact patch is on the edge of the next stair. The tire compresses almost to the rim

When riding off just a single curb, you'll land on flatground and the tire wont compress as much as its landing on a bigger area. You wont clip the kickstand this way as long as you clear the curb with enough speed 

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

His tyre does look very low pressure in that video, and he is quite a heavy rider... also not entirely sure his pads were properly lined up with the metal bar - they seem to be hanging off the bottom a bit, which I noticed in someone else's video the other day. Cruiser or not, most cruises involve some kerbs and a few steps even if you choose your paths quite carefully so you'd really hope it could do the shallower of them, if not huge flights of steep ones...

Lastly, would those pads have scuffed down on contact had they been stuck on with anything other than the pretend glue they ship with ?

I don't think he's a heavy rider. I've seen him in person and he's not that tall. Definitely under 200lbs -- probably 180ish range? I would agree that the tire looks slightly flat but you do get that effect in the tire when you do curbs.

What gets me is I have the Sherman and I'm pretty sure the bars are located in the same spot as the battery on the EX30 -- I could be wrong -- but I don't get those issues. However, I don't go down stairs on my Sherman. I go off curbs all the time though.

Also, consider Hsiang is an experienced rider who routinely reviews all kinds of EUCs. He likely would not deliberately make the tires flat for this I don't think. He knows what he is doing.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Might need to conduct an experiment to determine if the kickstand would make contact with a kerb.

Rider weight and suspension setting might be the main factors.

at first i thought it was the bar plate underneath the battery but that does kind of look like he's hitting the kickstand here... but is the kickstand plastic? Not sure it'd make that destruction on concrete if plastic?