Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

24 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Is the suspension easy to adjust?

Assuming it's the typical Begode linkage and shock, you can only adjust 2 settings. Compression by adding or releasing air from the shock. The rebound speed by turning a knob on the rear of the shock. It's super simple. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHOSTTE said:

Wondering if I should grab one of these over the Commander Pro, looks appealing with the stronger motor, being more bare-bones, and a bit more water-resistant.

I chose to stick with the ex30. It should be torquier than the master that I have and that'll fit my riding style perfectly. 

Also I enjoy the modular design. It's super easy to work on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

Wondering if I should grab one of these over the Commander Pro, looks appealing with the stronger motor, being more bare-bones, and a bit more water-resistant.

In the back of my mind, I am pondering how the controller board QC on the Commander Pro would be different from those for the EX30.

Shouldn't Begode have the same control over both?

Begode publically said that they will improve quality in their future products with fewer models.

I am just going to wait and see.

eevees comment on ex30 teardown comparison to the commander pro. 

To note, wrongway's master pro teardown video he complained about the structural flexing on the master pro and the crappy suspension linkage. Hsiang also said the "master" design of wheels all have the same flex

The ex30 should in theory fix the structural flexing with the aluminum battery boxes and frame. The linkage is the same as the T4 so should be improved

The only unknown is the electronics reliability. We need more units out and around to determine that

E576CCC8-1246-4D53-9C64-8BEB2F44B7DD.jpeg

Edited by Cobaltsaber
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, BKW said:

I just can't get over the battery placement on this thing, and suspension? 

Its the same battery placement used on several begode wheels hence why they keep putting them there. To get yourself worked up based on 1 video from “electric dreams” who was riding up an extreme angle (that you will never encounter in regular riding) with low tire pressure while being a heavy rider on top of all that. That’s a lot of variables needed to duplicate this so called concern.

Even begode non suspension wheels with lower pedal height have never been known to have such battery clearance issues. 

Yes With the right set of circumstances anything can be made to fail. But until this is an actual riding issue it’s hardly even worth the worry. 

12 hours ago, BKW said:

suspension? Has that been discussed much? I feel like the suspension is "OK"

As for the suspension not many if any detailed reviews about it have surfaced yet. Just the typical “it feels good” answer. 

Edited by Mayhem

5 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Its the same battery placement used on several begode wheels hence why they keep putting them there. To get yourself worked up based on 1 video from “electric dreams” who was riding up an extreme angle (that you will never encounter in regular riding) with low tire pressure while being a heavy rider on top of all that. That’s a lot of variables needed to duplicate this so called concern.

Even begode non suspension wheels with lower pedal height have never been known to have such battery clearance issues. 

Yes With the right set of circumstances anything can be made to fail. But until this is an actual riding issue it’s hardly even worth the worry. 

As for the suspension not many if any detailed reviews about it have surfaced yet. Just the typical “it feels good” answer. 

The French review video that was posted also talks about the lower battery casings. Says something along the lines of a higher curb and you will hit the pads/casings. His actually already had damage on the pads. 

Either way, this is my street cruiser and won't be hopping many curbs. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, trailless said:

The French review video that was posted also talks about the lower battery casings. Says something along the lines of a higher curb and you will hit the pads/casings. His actually already had damage on the pads. 

Either way, this is my street cruiser and won't be hopping many curbs. 

yea i'll hop a curb on my 60lbs RS (which is how I scraped the bottom of my shell), but theres no way my 135lbs ass can hop a 100lbs ex30 over a curb. Thing is 75% my entire weight (before fairings/pads).

I dunno why people are even considering to offroad this thing. Street cruiser for me

Edited by Cobaltsaber

1 minute ago, trailless said:

I think Clark Pads confirmed he was working on something. 

Actual fairing pads like Grizzla's done or those 3D printed bumper ones? Not a fan of the bumpers off Clark's existing offerings

52 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Actual fairing pads like Grizzla's done or those 3D printed bumper ones? Not a fan of the bumpers off Clark's existing offerings

That, I have no idea. I'm assuming it'll be some type of plastic for the fairings and 3d printed bumpers like grizzla makes. I have the fairings and bumpers from grizzla and they're fine. 

5 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

Anyone know if Grizzla or anyone else are making fairings explicitly for the EX30?

grizzla and clark said they will be working on fairing systems for the ex30

5 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

I have owned both clark and grizzla systems before and the print quality in grizzla is superb compared to clark. The grizzla bumpers are still 3d printed, the fairing plates are made of a sheet of pvc or similar material

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

grizzla and clark said they will be working on fairing systems for the ex30

I have owned both clark and grizzla systems before and the print quality in grizzla is superb compared to clark. The grizzla bumpers are still 3d printed, the fairing plates are made of a sheet of pvc or similar material

Yup, Grizzla look much nicer than the Clark ones from what I've seen. Hoping they come out with something quick so I can mount my Grizzla Flows when the EX30 ships