Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

Yeah baby, this is the data point I want comparing these three wheels specifically. With the EX30 having a similar suspension as the T4 it's looking good

Dear eWheels, I WANT MY WHEEL :D

Edited by GHOSTTE

On 2/8/2023 at 6:37 PM, The Brahan Seer said:

My reservations with this wheel are with the riding/ braking/ accelerating characteristics of the heavier C40 motor

I do have one other reservation. How low the batteries are at the front. Electric Dreams did say he would talk to them about it so maybe batch 2 or 1 or whatever will adjust this.

I think this wheel might be a good cruiser wheel but it would be great if it had a little more ability off road even if its just a bit.

I'm looking forward to all the reviews and observations as the rest of you are.

Liking the range too tested above 80miles at 25Mph looks great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I do have one other reservation. How low the batteries are at the front. Electric Dreams did say he would talk to them about it so maybe batch 2 or 1 or whatever will adjust this.

I think this wheel might be a good cruiser wheel but it would be great if it had a little more ability off road even if its just a bit.

I'm looking forward to all the reviews and observations as the rest of you are.

Liking the range too tested above 80miles at 25Mph looks great.

I commented on this earlier in this thread, Electric Dreams didn't set his tire pressure or his suspension correctly. You can see very noticeable sag while he's riding on a flat surface in addition to his tire being low PSI. While the battery casings are low, his issues are very likely user error in not setting up his wheel correctly.

Edited by GHOSTTE
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

I commented on this earlier in this thread, Electric Dreams didn't set his tire pressure or his suspension correctly. You can see very noticeable sag while he's riding on a flat surface in addition to his tire being low PSI. While the battery casings are low, his issues are very likely user error in not setting up his wheel correctly.

I just looked at the video again and noticed. Compared to the wheel idle with no weight on it, the bottom of the battery boxes sag almost to where the spokes start on the rim. That's crazy sag for just riding completely flat ground. Yea his suspension setup is definitely wack. He didnt even review it in his arguably rushed feeling video. He didnt review the suspension because of his injury

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I just looked at the video again and noticed. Compared to the wheel idle with no weight on it, the bottom of the battery boxes sag almost to where the spokes start on the rim. That's crazy sag for just riding completely flat ground. Yea his suspension setup is definitely wack. He didnt even review it in his arguably rushed feeling video. He didnt review the suspension because of his injury

Yup, while I appreciate him getting the video out quickly I wish he did his homework and actually reviewed the wheel when it's been maintained properly with correct tire PSI and suspension setup. His comments on the battery boxes hitting things doesn't faze me when it's clear his wheel hasn't been setup properly. His issues are most likely his fault.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greg X said:

so it seems....ex30 wins with sherman-s in both: speed and range. 

But probably comanderPro could reach even better range, if only avg. speed was equal to SS ane ex30.

Bez tytułu.jpg

I asked in the facebook thread what was the source for the distance ridden, to make sure that it is GPS and not wheel-reported.

Because in case it's wheel reported, with the same battery capacity the winner is the wheel over-reporting the most.
Maybe it's something he already replied in a previous test.

I also asked if he was able to share EUC World tours so we could see how the voltage goes down, and have a bit more advanced comparison, since average and maximums don't really tell the story.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Which one is the most waterproof wheel: Begode EX30, King Song S22, or Veteran Sherman S?

It's highly unlikely any of them can swim, and we know for sure S22 cannot! Out of the box they all look pretty good actually, at least to me. While I'd take cover and wait for a torrential downpour to pass on any of them, I wouldn't be concerned about light rain with any of them either.

15 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

It's highly unlikely any of them can swim, and we know for sure S22 cannot! Out of the box they all look pretty good actually, at least to me. While I'd take cover and wait for a torrential downpour to pass on any of them, I wouldn't be concerned about light rain with any of them either.

Oh, yes, I agree on the heavy rain; I wouldn't ride either. My concern was if I was caught in a heavy rain and when I get home, I have to quickly wipe it off with a cloth; I'd be afraid to think that there may be rainwater somewhere dripping through the wires.

Edited by jmsjms
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Which one is the most waterproof wheel: Begode EX30, King Song S22, or Veteran Sherman S?

No electric wheels can be submerged, so no wheel is waterproof. 

I personally don't trust any Begode wheels for water resistance, at least not until they have been proven to have good water resistance. Perhaps the EX30 could be proof, but but we have to wait for the data.

I don't recall hearing water damage complaints on S22's.

I think we need to wait for more data with regards to the Sherman-S. On paper they looked good, but first batch data is suggesting otherwise with the bearings. Maybe second batch solved it. We need to wait for more data.

16 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Would this wheel be more stable at high speed than the S-22?

What about braking?

It certainly looks more stable ! This guy is giving it some beans a lot of the time...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Would this wheel be more stable at high speed than the S-22?

What about braking?

The lower battery boxes and lower pedals should help a ton with stability. The s22 however was one of the most stable suspension wheels ive tried, so ill need to do a side by side

8 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

Some discussion on the EX30 in a Telegram group, Marty states the EX30 is a wheel he is going to buy and states why

20230210_11h54m23s_grim.thumb.png.6e34ae22f48565df47a3483264930f04.png

I love the modularity and standard parts of the begode and kingsong suspension designs. It means if down the line the wheel is not supported anymore, you can still find parts to maintain your suspension. The sherman-s and commander pro you'll have to go through the manufacturer 

To note, 5 sherman-s suspension forks have started leaking in china. Leaperkim for some reason has a 2 year warranty on battery, motherboard and motor, but only 3 month warranty for the suspension :/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I love the modularity and standard parts of the begode and kingsong suspension designs. It means if down the line the wheel is not supported anymore, you can still find parts to maintain your suspension. The sherman-s and commander pro you'll have to go through the manufacturer 

To note, 5 sherman-s suspension forks have started leaking in china. Leaperkim for some reason has a 2 year warranty on battery, motherboard and motor, but only 3 month warranty for the suspension :/

Yup, another reason I ultimately changed from the CP to the EX30. Screw proprietary hard-to-get parts and give me great aftermarket support for wear items like the suspension

I'm honestly excited. Checking Grizzla daily so I can order the fairings they're developing ASAP too

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cerbera said:

It certainly looks more stable ! This guy is giving it some beans a lot of the time...

i like this wheel, more and more 🙂 but i think that what you don't see in this video, is the 5 shredded wheels, the 2 lost riders (search still ongoing. ) and 3 broken camera's 😁