Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

4 hours ago, BKW said:

is smashing into the ground. If that foam wasn't there I'm pretty sure that battery would be hitting the ground hard, no?

To be fair the ground is very lose and sandy so it may look worse than it actually is since it digs into the ground.  Perhaps the result would be the same with any wheel? Something else to consider is although Electric dreams had a low tyre pressure in some of his shots, is the tyre pressure low in the clip going up the 45º slope?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

To be fair the ground is very lose and sandy so it may look worse than it actually is since it digs into the ground.  Perhaps the result would be the same with any wheel? Something else to consider is although Electric dreams had a low tyre pressure in some of his shots, is the tyre pressure low in the clip going up the 45º slope?

His tire pressure is so low that without anyone standing on the wheel, you can still see the tire squish into the ground. Thats way too soft imo. I always run all my wheels at 40-45psi

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I always run all my wheels at 40-45psi

I think that'll be a fair bit over the rated max on the EX30, won't it ? No idea why that review guy was running 15 PSI, which seems waaay low, but aren't wheels that size optimally inflated to low 20s, and low 30's max ?

Edited by Cerbera

To be fair the review showed scrapping that can occur if the suspension is fully compressed and the tire pressure is severally under inflated. Also who actually is climbing inclines as shown? The lower battery structure can easily be tapered to mitigate this issue without too much impact to it's strength. I really don't think they need to raise the battery packs for 95% of the riders.

26 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

To be fair the review showed scrapping that can occur if the suspension is fully compressed and the tire pressure is severally under inflated. Also who actually is climbing inclines as shown? The lower battery structure can easily be tapered to mitigate this issue without too much impact to it's strength. I really don't think they need to raise the battery packs for 95% of the riders.

I don't assume people are going to buy this wheel for mainly off-roading. My assumption is that people will buy this for the street and the suspension and battery placement should be fine for that. This is not a wheel I would do heavy off-roading with, even with suspension. For the road, however, it'll be good, especially for speed with the size of the motor and battery size.

I would say, if you're looking for more of an all-around EUC that can do street and off-road proficiently, you'll want the S22 (sacrifice in speed and torque), Sherman-S (good all-around with not much sacrifice imo [heavy]), commander pro (same as Sherman-S [heavy]), etc. The EX30 should be a little better on the road than the SS and CP because the low center of gravity due to the batteries, and, obviously, the motor size...

Edited by BKW

If EX30 is mainly to be used as open street cruiser, wouldn't the Master Pro be a better option ? For a little more money, you get the ultimate road cruiser with tons of speed and range, more stability and clearance due to 22" tire, albeit at more heavy package. It would be nice to see them side by side to compare size difference.

I'm debating which one to get, or even Commander Pro. I only have budget/room for one additional wheel for now.

Edited by Adel

2 hours ago, Adel said:

If EX30 is mainly to be used as open street cruiser, wouldn't the Master Pro be a better option ? For a little more money, you get the ultimate road cruiser with tons of speed and range, more stability and clearance due to 22" tire, albeit at more heavy package. It would be nice to see them side by side to compare size difference.

I'm debating which one to get, or even Commander Pro. I only have budget/room for one additional wheel for now.

I've seen a master pro in person with and without the Clark bumper and seat option.  Even stock, it's a massive wheel. It's noticeably taller than the ex20, which I'm assuming will have the same dimensions as the ex30. 

The only way I'd consider the master pro is if I regularly did 70+ mile trips. 

13 minutes ago, trailless said:

I've seen a master pro in person with and without the Clark bumper and seat option.  Even stock, it's a massive wheel. It's noticeably taller than the ex20, which I'm assuming will have the same dimensions as the ex30. 

The only way I'd consider the master pro is if I regularly did 70+ mile trips. 

Since I have gotten used to my Abrams, I didn't find Master Pro particularly large. You should try riding the Abrams for the very first time.

I guess it is relative thing. BTW, I am not a big guy.

The only thing that stands out for me, ergo wise, on the Master Pro is the high pedal height. The wheel is well balanced though, once you get used to standing up high.

On 1/21/2023 at 7:50 PM, BKW said:

Tbh, after seeing these videos I'm somewhat surprised that it appears the EX30 can handle this terrain fairly well. If you watch enough of this youtuber's videos of the ex30 off-road you will see it bonking large stones fairly easily. Still, it would be too close for comfort for me doing that off-road and the thought would always be in my head, "will I ram the bottom edge into something?" -- I think the answer to that would be: yes it would eventually; probably fairly often given that terrain.

The video that sticks out to me of the disadvantage of the lower battery and the protective foam is the third video I posted where the guy is clearly bottoming-out and the foam is smashing into the ground. If that foam wasn't there I'm pretty sure that battery would be hitting the ground hard, no? I did notice there is some kind of steal/metal frame thing under the battery, but I'm not sure how much protection that gives the bottom of the battery (you can see the metal frame thing in Electric Dreams video)

I don't think those dudes buy their wheels. It looks as though they do promotional videos for anyone who wants them. Begode gives them a bunch of wheels and says "go and do what you do"; any bad stuff gets edited out. No skin off noses for euc serbia if a wheel or two gets broken, and very cheap advertising campaign for begode or leaper kim or kingsong etc etc. Euc serbia doesn't appear to give reviews of good and bad - although I haven't looked in depth.

I had a friend who worked on ad campaigns for car manufacturers - she'd often point out in an ad how many cars were damaged, sometimes destroyed (mostly 4wd ads) in the making. We never see that side of things. Very misleading.

Edited by Uras

On 1/21/2023 at 8:29 AM, The Brahan Seer said:

Even if it isn't low, he had to take off the pad to attempt the hill climb. If you take a look at the picture of the ex30, it looks like the pad is almost parallel to the tire. Bonking a curb might not even be possible and might result in you getting thrown off the wheel... I wish that was tested. Riding in the city with a mixture of road and sometimes sidewalks, bonking up a curb is necessary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Uras said:

I don't think those dudes buy their wheels. It looks as though they do promotional videos for anyone who wants them. Begode gives them a bunch of wheels and says "go and do what you do"; any bad stuff gets edited out. No skin off noses for euc serbia if a wheel or two gets broken, and very cheap advertising campaign for begode or leaper kim or kingsong etc etc. Euc serbia doesn't appear to give reviews of good and bad - although I haven't looked in depth.

I had a friend who worked on ad campaigns for car manufacturers - she'd often point out in an ad how many cars were damaged, sometimes destroyed (mostly 4wd ads) in the making. We never see that side of things. Very misleading.

Levi, the guy that usually rides begode wheels with the horned helmet, is on the begode team, I know for a fact. I don't think EUC Serbia is part of the Begode team as he has videos of other company's wheels in his videos. I think he is more just a normal youtuber trying to get views, etc. My assumption is these shorts you see of new wheels from Begode are almost certainly part of the Begode team testing out the wheels and doing demos imo. If you see Levi with them then it's probably the begode team

This is Levi (if that's his real name, not sure):

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Screw it, I've been debating between the commander Pro and the ex30. I was almost set on the commander Pro but im just gonna give the ex30 a shot. 

I have the master and I'm setting that up to be my offroad wheel. The ex30 will be my city and long range road cruiser. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, trailless said:

Screw it, I've been debating between the commander Pro and the ex30. I was almost set on the commander Pro but im just gonna give the ex30 a shot. 

I have the master and I'm setting that up to be my offroad wheel. The ex30 will be my city and long range road cruiser. 

This I understand because I have a SherMax and I think that may be one reason I’m not as excited about the SS (I also don’t have a 134volt wheel, etc). Plus, what I do for work requires a more rugged wheel that is also more versatile. For a street wheel the ex30 will be amazing, but it looks like it can handle some off riding too just nothing crazy, but most riders don’t do this anyway I don’t think

Edited by BKW

13 hours ago, trailless said:

i'm eyeing the commander pro a bit more and more, but then I think about that beefy rim on the ex30. Then I think about the same old c30/c38 rim on the commander pro which is the same as the RS, exn, master. Yea I think i'm gonna stick with my gut feeling. Ex30 rim should be a beast unlike any wheel we've seen before. 

2 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

i'm eyeing the commander pro a bit more and more, but then I think about that beefy rim on the ex30. Then I think about the same old c30/c38 rim on the commander pro which is the same as the RS, exn, master. Yea I think i'm gonna stick with my gut feeling. Ex30 rim should be a beast unlike any wheel we've seen before. 

i think we all can appreciate the line up of Sherman-S, EX30, and Commander Pro. It's a definitely hard decision choosing for some of us this time around!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 12:44 PM, trailless said:

From Facebook, someone got the EX30. Think he lives in the US, San Fransisco. 

Looks like Alien Rides. Wonder if they got their shipment in. 

Facebook Post

Screenshot_20230125_234151_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230125_234157_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230125_234201_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230125_234205_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230125_234209_Facebook.jpg

I'm liking how the ex30 looks with fairing plates alot. I think it looks sleeker than even the stock commander pro and sherman-s. Proper grizzla fairings and bumpers are gonna look even better. That black rim stands out with that michelin tire