Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

22 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

The pads are pretty thick and act as bumpers this time around so hopefully it has more protection. Not to mention the battery boxes are now aluminum instead of the plastic battery boxes they use. Begode just released a picture of the metal frame underneath by the controller and top of the wheel. Looks way sturdier than any previous begode wheel

image.thumb.png.0ad00c70495c80f075b1491da80942f6.png

Is that a c40 motor?  It looks to small to be a c40

9 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

The front and rear handlebars confirmed. The black rim with blue line looks so clean. This unboxing looks even nicer than any of the begode videos. Im hella hyped

It looks real nice. Can't wait to actually get some reviews. 

All these teasers are coming out. Hopefully we get some nice reviews here shortly. 

https://youtu.be/o-n73i_l3Hc

• Like 1

Reality bites. It doesn't look as nice as in the rendering. Just sameness throughout. I'm a bit disappointed. Other than C40 motor, it's just a big heavy blob of sameness.

It is growing on me. I like the styling on the EX30 more so than the EX20S that it replaces.

At 101 lbs, it a bit lighter too.

I like the extended height, but would like to see a front grab handle. 

Metal battery cases is a plus.

One negative would be the lack of control on the stanchions dimensional tolerances, since they are not machined, but rather are just plain steel tubings. And according to Kevin at Alienrides, the dimensions are all over place, making it difficult to make the sliders work properly. I hope Begode managed to address this problem. 

If the waterproofing and build quality are decent, it could be on the table for me too.

• Like 1

If someone buys this wheel it'll be for the motor, the volts, and the range. Beyond that, it kind of feels like "more the same" from begode after seeing the unboxing alone.

The two things it has over the Sherman-S (the competition) has 1000 watts more for the motor, and 134 volt.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

Why would it have a three digit display, especially when at top free spin speed it still only reads 006 for 106kph?
No mention of weight? Or should I not be asking??

Probably firmware issue?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BKW said:

If someone buys this wheel it'll be for the motor, the volts, and the range. Beyond that, it kind of feels like "more the same" from begode.

My sentiments exactly. Nothing new other than the motor in this configuration. It’s a more refined euc than the ex20. It certainly does look nicer but nothing that hasn’t already been seen in other wheels.

7 minutes ago, BKW said:

Probably firmware issue?

I don't think the software guys have finished writing or testing the code to support the newly added third digit. It will come eventually as a firmware update. Not urgent matter since it is for the free spin speed, not actual speed.

• Like 1

Wide rim is wide! Does that need a special tire size? Or just the regular 2.75 - 14 like all the others?

I still don't like the ground catchers on this wheel - the fact that there is so much stuff below pedal height. But I guess it might not be a problem in reality. A less obstructed tire would be great though. Like on the V13 or S22 in the comparison picture above.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

For some, performance is important. 

And if you add range to the equation, some might find this is the wheel to get for group rides, especially if you are in Southern California. 🙂

This wheel is a better updated version of the ex20, which was its intention I suppose, so they did it right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bizra6ot said:

Battery is 3/5 on screen(4:45s)

I saw the battery charge level indicator, but I was meaning the larger digit display?

53 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I don't think the software guys have finished writing or testing the code to support the newly added third digit. It will come eventually as a firmware update. Not urgent matter since it is for the free spin speed, not actual speed.

Got that, so the ‘unboxing’ is not of a finished product, I get that too,  and I agree that there’s no need for a three digit display for general riding, that is pretty obvious to most of us, but why then bother putting in a 3 digit display there that effectively is only ever going to register either 0 or 1, the latter when free spin is being tested, and as Jack ably demonstrated, we know it was spinning at 107 ’Begode’ kph, rather than 07kph? It seems pretty redundant to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mayhem said:

My sentiments exactly. Nothing new other than the motor in this configuration. It’s a more refined euc than the ex20. It certainly does look nicer but nothing that hasn’t already been seen in other wheels.

Before the commander pro went 134v, those who wanted a larger range master but didnt want to step one size up to 22" tire the only choice was the ex30. Those who still want a master that doesnt run out of range at speed in 20km can either get this or the commander pro. I think people who are getting the ex30 know exactly the wheel they are getting into. Same begode package, slightly more refined every iteration

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wide rim is wide! Does that need a special tire size? Or just the regular 2.75 - 14 like all the others?

I still don't like the ground catchers on this wheel - the fact that there is so much stuff below pedal height. But I guess it might not be a problem in reality. A less obstructed tire would be great though. Like on the V13 or S22 in the comparison picture above.

The tire is still a 2.75-14 cst186 knobby tire. You can fit an 80/90-14 tire on it as well. It will have the same effect as putting the same tire on a older begode vs sherman rim. The profile stretches out a bit and may feel more progressive and rounder on the wider sherman rim. The ex30 wider rim should feel very nice

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

but why then bother putting in a 3 digit display there that effectively is only ever going to register either 0 or 1, the latter when free spin is being tested, and as Jack ably demonstrated, we know it was spinning at 107 ’Begode’ kph, rather than 07kph? It seems pretty redundant to me.

You are not wrong. 

Me thinks, they are preparing for the future when they go 146 V or higher.

I doubt the top speed will stay at 90 km/h (55 mph) for long, if sales are good for these fast wheels. Zen Lee has already asked for higher speeds for racing. And there is a guy in Indonesia doing 90 km/h next to a long strip mall, where there are no intersections, except for few driveways. 

But who knows. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Why would it have a three digit display, especially when at top free spin speed it still only reads 006 for 106kph?
No mention of weight? Or should I not be asking??

It creates its own gravity, which not even light can escape... no, wait, that's a black hole the MP and the V13... :roflmao:

12 hours ago, techyiam said:

From eWheels: 101 lbs.

I call shenanigans. How is it possible for the EX30 to weigh 3 lbs less than the EX20?!??! :rolleyes: