Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

1 hour ago, trailless said:

Any update?

Bloody hell mate - give 'em a chance - it's only 2 days later, and it takes a very long time to edit and upload video ! :)

I think we'll be lucky to get any decent first looks before the weekend...

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Bloody hell mate - give 'em a chance - it's only 2 days later, and it takes a very long time to edit and upload video ! :)

I think we'll be lucky to get any decent first looks before the weekend...

Lol, I get it. Im not expecting a full on review. I just thought someone might have posted a picture or some sort of teaser. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Recently, I have been very interested in the Commander Pro (CP) as I weigh my options between that or the Sherman-S (SS). For some reason I have been completely disregarding the EX30. On paper, the EX30 has all the specs matching with the CP and SS, but with even bigger motor power (CP and EX30 also at 134v). The EX30 has 1000 watts over the SS, and 500 over the CP.

The only thing I dislike about the EX30 is there are no handles. Minor things I may not like is that it's wider than both the CP and SS (not sure if I'll like that or not). The weight doesn't really bother me. There may be other things I don't like that I'm aware of right now...

It's interesting to me how I have almost forgot about the EX30 when comparing it to the SS and CP. I even forgot that the EX30 has suspension as well.

Overall, I'm most interested in the CP right now, but I would love for these wheels to come out soon so they can be tested. This may very well change my mind.

Right now, I'm most interested in these wheels for my next purchase (in order from most interested to least):

1. Commander Pro

2. Sherman-S

3. EX30 or the V13 (V13 I've kind of ruled out already)

Will definitely need some reviews first.

Edited by BKW

17 hours ago, BKW said:

Recently, I have been very interested in the Commander Pro (CP) as I weigh my options between that or the Sherman-S (SS). For some reason I have been completely disregarding the EX30. On paper, the EX30 has all the specs matching with the CP and SS, but with even bigger motor power (CP and EX30 also at 134v). The EX30 has 1000 watts over the SS, and 500 over the CP.

The only thing I dislike about the EX30 is there are no handles. Minor things I may not like is that it's wider than both the CP and SS (not sure if I'll like that or not). The weight doesn't really bother me. There may be other things I don't like that I'm aware of right now...

It's interesting to me how I have almost forgot about the EX30 when comparing it to the SS and CP. I even forgot that the EX30 has suspension as well.

Overall, I'm most interested in the CP right now, but I would love for these wheels to come out soon so they can be tested. This may very well change my mind.

Right now, I'm most interested in these wheels for my next purchase (in order from most interested to least):

1. Commander Pro

2. Sherman-S

3. EX30 or the V13 (V13 I've kind of ruled out already)

Will definitely need some reviews first.

WechatIMG6293_1024x1024.thumb.png.bbafdd7115981c92d54425e42acc13b5.png

Actually it does have a grab bar up here at the front. I dont see anything similar at the back, but im assuming you can grab it by the kickstand or somewhere at the suspension linkage

The one pro that these modular wheels have are the suspension will be serviceable far beyond the wheels production/life cycle. Once all these wheels are obsolete, good luck finding a suspension replacement for the sherman-s and commander pro. For the master, ex30, s22, T4, master pro, etc. you can easily replace the shock and have new linkage pieces cut making the entire system serviceable

If you're looking at the ewheels dimension sheet, some parts of that dont really make sense to me. The v13 is a slim wheel, but ewheels lists it as only 0.2" thinner than the ex30 at 10.8" wide. The master and s22 is listed as 13" wide? Makes zero sense. I wouldnt trust those values

Edited by Cobaltsaber
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Actually it does have a grab bar up here at the front.

If you're looking at the ewheels dimension sheet, some parts of that dont really make sense to me. The v13 is a slim wheel, but ewheels lists it as only 0.2" thinner than the ex30 at 10.8" wide. The master and s22 is listed as 13" wide? Makes zero sense. I wouldnt trust those values

That grab bar looks like its right on top of the wheel. Don't grab that bar with any fingers you want to keep?

Dimensions: Must be measuring the EX30 from panel to panel minus pads. Master & EX20 are listed at 13". MP & EX30 are listed as 11.2" !?! There is no way they're all being measured the same way. I've seen the V13, Master, EX20 and MP side by side.

The V13 with pads is 10.8" at most. Super tall and super skinny.

The proportions of the EX20 are great. EX30 should be pretty similar, right?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UPONIT said:

That grab bar looks like its right on top of the wheel. Don't grab that bar with any fingers you want to keep?

Dimensions: Must be measuring the EX30 from panel to panel minus pads. Master & EX20 are listed at 13". MP & EX30 are listed as 11.2" !?! There is no way they're all being measured the same way. I've seen the V13, Master, EX20 and MP side by side.

The V13 with pads is 10.8" at most. Super tall and super skinny.

The proportions of the EX20 are great. EX30 should be pretty similar, right?

That's what i'm thinking. It should be ex20s sized. Thicker than the v13 and master for sure, thinner than the s22. About the same as the sherman and sherman-s

They're doing same style grab bars on the master pro v2. It should be a useable design at worst, maybe the camera angle makes it look super close to the tire lol

• Like 1

What kind of crash protection does this EUC have as far as shelling/padding? What is everyone's take on the protection of this wheel in the case of a crash given the shelling, padding, etc?

Looking at the Sherman-S and the Commander Pro, both these wheels seem to have strong protection with magnesium shelling -- even more so, the Commander Pro has very well ergonomic design that doesn't appear to have any parts that may break due to sticking out in the event of a crash.

My assumption is that that EX30's main protection in a crash would be the power pads on the side. Do you think it's durable?

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

Yea it's that pads and seat that take the impact. I haven't seen many crashes from but the master pro held up from Elunipsycho's crash with little damage. But we've seen a few wrecked Masters. I would assume as long as you don't crash all the time, the EX30 should be good to go. 

• Like 1

Talking of pads, those look like the first ones I have seen from Begode that might actually not need replacing out of the gate. They look like they may be wide enough to actually be useful ! But I don't like the fact that the trolley handle, even when down, is exposed to rolling hits by seat falloff angle.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Talking of pads, those look like the first ones I have seen from Begode that might actually not need replacing out of the gate. They look like they may be wide enough to actually be useful ! But I don't like the fact that the trolley handle, even when down, is exposed to rolling hits by seat falloff angle.

Yes. I have replaced this cheap trolley handle on my Sherman far too many times. If the wheel falls over and the trolley is up it’s over with, not including the crashes, etc.  Yet another reason why I find the commander pro enticing, the trolley handle actually looks solid and built in the wheel that likely won’t flop up and break in the event of a crash

trolley handles are weak points for most eucs in my opinion

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Topkek said:

Anyone received one of these yet? Keep checking YouTube to no avail, have they even been sent out.  

Not even in mass production yet. Word of mouth says production is supposed to start somewhere around the 10th or 12th of this month.

• Like 1

That cage does look a lot stronger than before, and it seems lot taller relative to the pedals than its lesser relations, presumably to make the seat a more comfortable height. And I like the rake on the back of the seat as well - sometimes I find myself almost falling off the back of the Master when seated because it doesn't have that.

On 12/23/2022 at 12:04 PM, techyiam said:

Without owner intervention, which wheels can be ridden in heavily salted roads or bike ways without rusting out?

I have had two Inmotion V10F, each one ridden extensively through one German winter with lots of rain, deep puddles, mud, snow slush and road salt without waterproofing or any kind of prep, and neither of the two ever had the slightest bit of trouble with those conditions. Control board and bearings still looked and worked like factory new afterwards.

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

Without owner intervention, which wheels can be ridden in heavily salted roads or bike ways without rusting out?

Most inmotion wheels have an ip rating . The v-11 for instance is IP55 which means:

IP 55 Enclosure Characteristics:

• Protection from dirt, dust, oil, and other non-corrosive material
  • Complete protection from contact with enclosed equipment
  • Protection from water, up to water projected by a nozzle against enclosure from any direction

I would always rinse the wheel with fresh water after riding on salty roads, salt will pit and destroy most metals.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I would always rinse the wheel with fresh water after riding on salty roads, salt will pit and destroy most metals.

I did that. But in my case for the wheel bearings, I think I made it worse. I think I should have gotten the snow out in another way. A way that did not include using a liquid maybe.

57 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I did that. But in my case for the wheel bearings, I think I made it worse. I think I should have gotten the snow out in another way. A way that did not include using a liquid maybe.

The unicycle reviewer chooch says he lets them melt into a boot tray before rinsing them but if the wheel doesn't have an IP rating then it's not supposed to see water , frozen or not. And defiantly not sprayed with water unless IP 55 or better.There are ways of sealing non IP rated wheels and I'm sure there are a ton of people here that would help you with that if you a fairly mechanically inclined and wanted to take it on.

14 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

There are ways of sealing non IP rated wheels and I'm sure there are a ton of people here that would help you with that if you a fairly mechanically inclined and wanted to take it on.

I am fine. I marine greased mine already. I have am also experimenting with plumbers putty on the outside of the the seals. Otherwise, it can become too messy. 

Even on my V12, I no longer ride once the roads have been salted, and the snow haven't melted.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, BKW said:

What kind of crash protection does this EUC have as far as shelling/padding? What is everyone's take on the protection of this wheel in the case of a crash given the shelling, padding, etc?

Looking at the Sherman-S and the Commander Pro, both these wheels seem to have strong protection with magnesium shelling -- even more so, the Commander Pro has very well ergonomic design that doesn't appear to have any parts that may break due to sticking out in the event of a crash.

My assumption is that that EX30's main protection in a crash would be the power pads on the side. Do you think it's durable?

Isn't the EX30 going to have aluminum battery boxes like the EX20?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

It looks like the EX30 is not just a simple refreshening of the EX20S. 

324735204_557655859344809_53452720052879

Your picture isn't coming through for me??

That happened on the Sherman - S thread with a couple of @MrMonoWheel's posts. What's the mistake happening, so I can avoid making it?