Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

48 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

The MasterX is 22 inch, the EX30 is 20

25 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Ex30 is a 20 inch wheel, master x is a 22 inch wheel

That doesn't seem like a good enough reason to have two completely different wheel models available, does it? I mean if it was an 18 and a 22 I'd understand. 

7 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

That doesn't seem like a good enough reason to have two completely different wheel models available, does it? I mean if it was an 18 and a 22 I'd understand. 

I think in Reality it is 18 to 22 inch difference

2 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

I think in Reality it is 18 to 22 inch difference

Probably 3" would be closer, since I think the Begohemoths are with a 17" rim diameter, while so called 18-21" EUCs have a 14" rim. And they both use similiar tire widths and profiles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The EX30 doesn't look to be specifically lower than the Sherman-S to my eyes.

You're right. Sherman is slightly taller but not by much. 

4 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

So what is the real difference between the EX30 and Master X? Do they use different electronic hardware? I know there's a difference in suspension travel and motor power but is that it?

Difference is the tire sizes, motors (C38 on the Master X, C40 on the EX30) EX30 does have 36 MOSFETs on board, not sure if on the Master X/Pro have the same fets as the regular Master at 24

Edited by Mars Bless
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Well, the EX30 seemed to be Begode's answer to the Sherman-S. The Master X appears to be a scaled up version of the Master.

The EX30 weatherproofing should be better than the Master X.

The EX30 has the latest iteration of Begode's suspension design.

The EX30 has the latest iteration of Begode's 134.4 V controller board design.

The EX30 motor is a C40 motor, but is claimed to be a new design. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mars Bless said:

You're right. Sherman is slightly taller but not by much. 

Difference is the tire sizes, motors (C38 on the Master X, C40 on the EX30) EX30 does have 36 MOSFETs on board, not sure if on the Master X/Pro have the same fets as the regular Master at 24

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

Well, the EX30 seemed to be Begode's answer to the Sherman-S. The Master X appears to be a scaled up version of the Master.

The EX30 weatherproofing should be better than the Master X.

The EX30 has the latest iteration of Begode's suspension design.

The EX30 has the latest iteration of Begode's 134.4 V controller board design.

The EX30 motor is a C40 motor, but is claimed to be a new design. 

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you both. So in that case it seems the ex30 will be on my list with the Sherman S and v13. I'm starting to lean towards the ex30 at this point.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you both. So in that case it seems the ex30 will be on my list with the Sherman S and v13. I'm starting to lean towards the ex30 at this point.

No problem. 

I was on the same boat between the Sherman S and EX30 and V13. What's getting you to sway towards the EX30 vs Sherman S?

Edited by Mars Bless

9 hours ago, Mars Bless said:

No problem. 

I was on the same boat between the Sherman S and EX30 and V13. What's getting you to sway towards the EX30 vs Sherman S?

Well, here's the rundown. First I put in a preorder for the V13 as I love my v11 and the way inmotion uses tilt back to limit overpowering the wheel. Then I saw how tall/heavy it is and the asthetics don't exactly jump out at me. Plus it seems they are just using a similar basic air piston suspension which was fine on an $1800 wheel but I don't want that on a $4k wheel.

Then I saw the Sherman S and it ticked every box except the top speed. The build quality and suspension seem far better, I LOVE how it looks, etc. Only thing is for $4k I'd expect a 126-134 wheel these days. Yes I know the Sherman 100v system is "tried and true" but flagship wheels are shooting for the 55mph mark.

And there is where I land on the ex30. Seeing as it's pretty much based on the master/master pro/t4 family, begode hopefully has gotten most bugs worked out and refined the software and hardware. Better suspension, less cutouts, etc. Build quality wise I don't think it will be as top notch as the Sherman (I mean come on the batteries are just sitting right there), but other than that it seems you are getting a lot of wheel for the money.

And before anyone says "do you really need to go 55mph", it isn't about that. It's about having the headroom to not worry about cutouts, headwinds, bumps, etc. Having a 55mph top speed (and then some extra in freewheel speed) but riding the wheel at 45mph feels a lot better than riding the Sherman S at 45 which is the most it can handle. Plus as the battery discharges that 45 will drop whereas on a 134v wheel I can hold that 45 well into the battery as it's far from the top speed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

begode hopefully has gotten most bugs worked out and refined the software and hardware.

I wouldn't want to ruin your appetite for the EX30, but the above phrase is something that has been said numerous times, all the way back to at least year 2017. Simply based on that the probability of it happening right now is pretty darn low.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Uh oh. Lukas at EEVEES in the comment section of their Master Pro review video with Hsiang, said that he likes the Master Pro more than the EX30, but both need more work. And he is one of the co-owners of EEVEES. 

Lukas said that he still find the Master not that stable, after all this time. And Hsiang didn't find the Master Pro stable. And Hsiang rides a Monster v3 on a daily basis.

I am starting to have second thoughts about the Begode's new line of suspension wheels. I suspect it is going to end up with two camps, those who can adapt to Begode's suspension wheels, and those who can't. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Uh oh. Lukas at EEVEES in the comment section of their Master Pro review video with Hsiang, said that he likes the Master Pro more than the EX30, but both need more work. And he is one of the co-owners of EEVEES. 

Lukas said that he still find the Master not that stable, after all this time. And Hsiang didn't find the Master Pro stable. And Hsiang rides a Monster v3 on a daily basis.

I am starting to have second thoughts about the Begode's new line of suspension wheels. I suspect it is going to end up with two camps, those who can adapt to Begode's suspension wheels, and those who can't. 

high COG need skill, more effort and time to adapt even in experienced riders, is not for everyone ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Probably 3" would be closer, since I think the Begohemoths are with a 17" rim diameter, while so called 18-21" EUCs have a 14" rim. And they both use similiar tire widths and profiles.

That marketing gag of 19, than 20 inch wheels from Begode started few years ago was really confusing for some till today it seems. All that wheels are in the good old 18 inch class (14 inch rims) 

There were 14,16,18,22 inch wheels (plus now the mpro at 24) and thats what they are till today imo 

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I wouldn't want to ruin your appetite for the EX30, but the above phrase is something that has been said numerous times, all the way back to at least year 2017. Simply based on that the probability of it happening right now is pretty darn low.

Yeah that's what I'm expecting, but I'm hoping for the best. So far based on the (very limited) information we have available, the v13 and Sherman S seem to be the best made. 

2 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

So far based on the (very limited) information we have available, the v13 and Sherman S seem to be the best made. 

Well, that could be because they are the only ones we don't have any real world info as of yet. :lol:

Kidding aside, they do indeed seem to have much better odds of having much more successful launches.

3 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

good thing the bar isn't very high! <_<

Depending on where you set the bottom rung. Products such as the Begode Hero, and Veteran Sherman Max are miles above the Kingsong S22 when it comes to early batch issues. Additionally, the sliders on the S22 was much more than a QC issue. It was incredible that it was even considered early on in the design phase.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Depending on where you set the bottom rung

S18, EX, Abrams, V11, V12, S22, 900 Wh batteries, bt lou… it's not a high bar for 'new' wheels. Master immediately went to v2 for safety. Evolutionary releases like Max, V12HT, T4 and MTen4 are 'easier' to get righter (and we still saw Abrams).

Don't forget that EUC suspension isn't as easy as one might imagine... S22 is the 2nd KS generation. Master is BG's 4th gen. Challenger will be IM's second gen and ShermS is a first attempt. I wouldn't expect much more than a typical first batch experience. And if the pre-order volume is high, expect the mfgs to have stocked a lot of v1 parts that they'll still want to move so as is the case with KS, factory improvements will be slow to reach the riding masses.

Anyway, I don't want to rain on the parade. I just feel like we're only just now really demanding better product in batch1 and for me at least, the bar is stupid low. All you need is a good render and a few carefully curated videos and we go nuts.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

Given the recent history from the 3 manufacturers I think both the Sherman S and the V 13 will be pretty solid from the get-go in terms of reliability - they will more or less have to be -  and will both stand head and shoulders above the EX 30 for actual build quality; this being said, the EX 30 will be the ‘daddy’ in terms of out-and-out performance, but still be of  typical Begode build quality - you pays your money, and you takes your choice… 

Build quality - 1st InMotion V13,  close-ish 2nd Sherman-S, distant third Begode EX30

Performance - 1st Begode EX30, 2nd Sherman-S, distant third Inmotion V13

Best suspension - 1st Sherman -S, close-ish 2nd V13, Distant 3rd Begode EX30

Best range - 1st EX30, 2nd Sherman -S, 3rd V13

Best on trails - none strictly, but of the 3, least worst should be the Sherman -S

We await the verdict from the evaluations by the usual suspects, but I think that both Leaperkim and InMotion have a great deal to lose from bungling their releases, whilst nobody really expects that much by way of great things design wise from Begode. 

My money is poised over the Sherman -S, to me it seems likely to be the most sound and solid bet at least on paper, but that’s just me, I can understand why others may indeed prefer the other wheels - it’s horses for courses.

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

Given the recent history from the 3 manufacturers I think both the Sherman S and the V 13 will be pretty ....

Lots of good and interesting conjecture.

In 2023 if it's not high torque and 134v I'm not interested.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dan Hillary said:

Lots of good and interesting conjecture.

In 2023 if it's not high torque and 134v I'm not interested.

Likewise, that's the only reason I haven't already ordered the Sherman S. For now I'm gonna keep my v13 preorder as it seems the most solid choice to me.

7 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Likewise, that's the only reason I haven't already ordered the Sherman S. For now I'm gonna keep my v13 preorder as it seems the most solid choice to me.

V13 is 126v .I hope Kuji rolls releases a video on the challenger soon 

Perhaps some good news.

It looks like the testers are back to work after the national holiday.

Begode seemed to have improved the EX30's suspension compliance over edge or bigger bumps. I thought the EX30 was going at a pretty good pace for how bumpy the terrain was. Perhaps the high speed compression damping circuit was revised, or something?  

Edited by techyiam

16 hours ago, techyiam said:

Perhaps some good news.

It looks like the testers are back to work after the national holiday.

Begode seemed to have improved the EX30's suspension compliance over edge or bigger bumps. I thought the EX30 was going at a pretty good pace for how bumpy the terrain was. Perhaps the high speed compression damping circuit was revised, or something?  

Looks good to me! Unfortunately having the camera half a centimeter off the ground gives a false impression of speed, but some of those bumps/dips were undoubtedly enough to chuck me off my wheel. Glad to see more content being put out!