Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

57 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

When the EX20S was leaked (although they didn't have a mock up teaser only the finished product) there was no talk on this forum about it having metal casings. But it did. This would make more sense as to why they are releasing this with the other masters. But I have no idea and it might be just wishful thinking on my part. Hard to predict Begode's strategy sometimes.

At the EX20S it was somewhat visible that it was a metallic enclosure in the first pictures. People just didn’t seem to belive there was an LFP euc comming on the market so most of the attention was somewhere else.

And they can change the design overnight as they show with these lightning fast entire new models launches, but still don’t believe it’s gonna be metal since it kind of follows the Master line up philosophy, which is bare bones euc, lowest weight, least respect to protection on the entire spectrum, except foam padding put there as a bare minimum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Don't forget that we have C30, C38, and C40 motors in play as well.  There are still combinations that haven't been produced.  Could we see a C40 Master with 2400wh? In theory, it would be a great track wheel for Apple Valley.

I think with 134V, they thought a HT motor is enough for both speed and torque, and they went C38 only (and C40 only in the future).

Maybe they will silently upgrade the Master to C40 in the future, I would not be surprised.

• Like 1

Begode worker said: ex30 has tire 21.3inch, weight: 43kg

So it seems we have new class of wheels, 21".

Ex30 in action: 

https://www.facebook.com/100036517330335/videos/409560194671281/

new, bigger LCD screen in ex30

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5455179954579923/

Edited by Greg X
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Greg X said:

Watching the video playing back at quarter speed revealed more details. 

I can make out that the shock is mounted almost horizontally under the seat. 

The pedals don't seem to dip while turning.

The headlight looked broad, bright and well aimed. The tail light was bright too. A far cry from the T3.

Kudos to Begode for showing the EX30 being ridden on main roads.

Too bad it was filmed after dark. It would have been nicer to see how the suspension worked over bumps, and going down stairs.

From what I can tell, it looks like the wheel was stable and smooth. 

The rider's comment mentioned "incomparable surging power", and "allow you to drive steadily on road".

By surging power, I take that to mean acceleration, and not climbing torque.

This could be a stable wheel for riding on main roads.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Greg X said:

Begode worker said: ex30 has tire 21.3inch. 

So it seems we have new class of wheels, 21".

Ex30 in action: 

https://www.facebook.com/100036517330335/videos/409560194671281/

new, bigger LCD screen in ex30

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5455179954579923/

Most likely the standard 14” rim (18x3)  with just a taller tire since there is more clearance due to the suspension. 

32 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

43kg or about 95lbs

That is... better than expected.

21 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The rider's comment mentioned "incomparable surging power", and "allow you to drive steadily on road".

By surging power, I take that to mean acceleration, and not climbing torque.

But does it have "surging passion"?;)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

But does it have "surging passion"?

Even if it doesn't right away, it may garner some after people get to ride it.

Motor has IP65 waterproofing, improved BMS, refined and improved suspension, 4000 W motor, and 3600 Wh battery, with a competitive weight of 95 lbs..

For riding on main roads, and on group rides, this wheel should excel.

If the quality, safety features, and waterproofing are good enough, and people are willing to do without the front lift handle, This wheel has the potential to become the next Sherman replacement, overtaking the Sherman Max and the Sherman-S.

It is certainly exciting to watch the EX30 and the Sherman-S/Commander Pro battle it out in the marketplace. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I reckon Begode messed up their names, just annoys me not being able to understand what is "Pro" for what... They should have either stuck with English-titled product lines of Hero/Hero Pro/SuperHero/SuperHero Pro and Master/Master Pro/GrandMaster/GrandMaster Pro, or with indices such as EX20/EX20 PRo/EX30/EX30 Pro...

20 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It helps to think about how an ideal/complete Begode lineup would look. In my view:

• 16 incher, 100V (because 134V limits battery size flexibility): 1800Wh (T4) and 3600Wh (does not exist, but I would buy the f**k out of that!)
  • 20 incher, 134V: 2400Wh (Master) and 3600Wh (EX30)
  • 22 incher: 134V, 3600Wh (Master X) and 4800Wh (Master Pro)

Besides the lack of a 3600Wh 16 incher, it's what we got! (Plus the extra Commander Pro. Which has a bit of justifcation as a classic shell + central suspension wheel. Let's ignore the obvious copier going brrr.) They just named it confusingly, and instead of offering battery size variants of the same wheel, some battery size variants are wheels of their own because they can't stop trying new stuff.

This makes sense to me.

As to why they would produce so many wheels? - I think the answer is because they can with the new shell-less design.  

Because the batteries and boards are no longer wrapped in a shell, they can use nearly all the same parts and just design/build a different battery enclosure.  They may have to design a new board and motor for something like the EX30, but I suspect that the suspension components on the Ex30, Master pro and master x will all be very similar, and maybe even share some parts with the Master.  

Still waiting on my Master - It's nice feeling like I have an old outdated wheel when mine literally hasn't even left the port in China. I used to think people were crazy paying an extra $800 for air freight, but it makes sense now.  That's the only way you can have the newest wheel.

8 hours ago, Paul g said:

but still don’t believe it’s gonna be metal since it kind of follows the Master line up philosophy, which is bare bones euc, lowest weight, least respect to protection on the entire spectrum, except foam padding put there as a bare minimum. 

Judging by the latest vlogs you are right. Which is a shame (not that you are right but that they aren't using the same or similar design philosophy as the EX20s . Could the upper structure be more robust than the Master. I won't hold my breath.

3 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I looked up the tire specs and it is actually 20.3" in diameter.

https://www.csttires.com/int/tire/c6520/

But after the tire is mounted on the EX30 rim, it is possible for the measured, overall diameter to be greater. 

Edited by techyiam

EWheels preorder page lists the tire as an 80/100-14 tire. Kinda obnoxious to find a tire that size, it's closer to a 21 inch tire, but the good news is that pretty much all tires down to an 80/80-14 will fit it. Assuming the stock tire doesn't have molding issues though, it should be fine to run as it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Ex30 riding video looks like an awesome wheel .I’ve heard weight is 43kg 

If I ever ride one of those I don't think I'll ever be happy with my v11 again.

........ I think my Master will have the same effect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wstuart said:

Ewheels is saying $4200.  Is that still a guess or is that for sure the price?

There seems to be big difference in price between Alienrides and Ewheels, I wonder why. Usually prices are very close between dealers.