Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

36 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

My only problem with the Master/T4/Ex lineup is how exposed everything is. I get it if you like the minimalist futuristic look, but I want a wheel that feels like a tank. 

That's true. After helping my friend with his EX20. The wiring is a bit underwhelming... But I do like the metal battery casings, which the ex30 will have as well. Probably not anywhere near as protected as the sherman s or the commander pro though...

2 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

cTUy10Y.png

Metal battery boxes implemented. Looks the same. Looks like they have a cst knobby on there (please no) and now a black rim

I can get behind those metal battery casings like th ex20 BUT PLEASE DO NOT use the same tire... Those suck ass. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

cTUy10Y.png

Metal battery boxes implemented. Looks the same. Looks like they have a cst knobby on there (please no) and now a black rim

Hopefully there is a hidden rubber seal to make these boxes waterproof. 

Would prefer a street tire on this as well. 

On 11/29/2022 at 4:23 AM, alexbrunoeuc said:

Hopefully there is a hidden rubber seal to make these boxes waterproof. 

Would prefer a street tire on this as well. 

Even if not, it's a simple fix with some silicon. I'm just glad that the aluminum casings were added to the battery. I've seen the EX20 casings take some nasty hits and they held up great. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if begode will ship out to reviewers? I have an OG sherman that I think popped all the mosfets blew a capacitor and melted the battery wires and it went sparky spark all over the motherboard... So I'm patiently waiting for the ex30. 

Edited by trailless

13 hours ago, trailless said:

Anyone know if begode will ship out to reviewers? I have an OG sherman that I think popped all the mosfets... So I'm patiently waiting for the ex30. 

They should like usual. The ex30 has been delayed because they are making changes to it before it heads into production. We're getting aluminum battery boxes, better water resistance, black colored rim, different tire. Hopefully we get begode's most refined and advanced wheel yet soon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

They should like usual. The ex30 has been delayed because they are making changes to it before it heads into production. We're getting aluminum battery boxes, better water resistance, black colored rim, different tire. Hopefully we get begode's most refined and advanced wheel yet soon

I hope so. I'm liking all the changes they're adding to the wheel. As long as the new motor is solid, it should be an amazing wheel. I think they want to hit it out of the park with this wheel, especially with the Sherman S and V13 just releasing. 

57 minutes ago, Mossi said:

As far as I know the motor should be waterproof. But I find the mainboard compartment more critical and that is completely omitted in the video.

Sherman S also has 'Waterproof' motor and yet WrongWay`s review unit had failed bearings in less than a month.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Nivel said:

Sherman S also has 'Waterproof' motor and yet WrongWay`s review unit had failed bearings in less than a month.

Without owner intervention, which wheels can be ridden in heavily salted roads or bike ways without rusting out?

IP rating that these motors are claimed to be certified for are the lower ratings for sprays, not submersion. 

My experience in riding in snow and ice is that the snow can get packed in the whole wheel well area.

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Without owner intervention, which wheels can be ridden in heavily salted roads or bike ways without rusting out?

No wheels as far as I know. I reckon they all need a bit of help surviving that...

• Like 2

On 12/23/2022 at 4:43 AM, Mossi said:

As far as I know the motor should be waterproof. But I find the mainboard compartment more critical and that is completely omitted in the video.

If the test is legit, then atleast we can ride in wet conditions and not active rain. The wheel should be able to handle a splash from underneath. Add a shower cap on the top and you're good to go

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 2:20 AM, Cobaltsaber said:

They are claiming the ex30 is ip65 waterproof now. However in the video they dont spray the top of the wheel. Still cool to see though. Hope it lives up to the test in real riding

Begode: "no fire, just smoke"

Begode: "no water, just wet" lol

Begode: "seal of approval"

Jk. I'm actually pretty excited about this wheel

Edited by BKW

14 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Seems like some units are out. Some people are getting their ex30s today in north america. Pre production units most likely. Hope we get some good content

It's weird we haven't gotten any videos out about the ex30 even though people are getting then in the US today supposedly

23 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Seems like some units are out. Some people are getting their ex30s today in north america. Pre production units most likely. Hope we get some good content

Nothing coming up on YouTube, I’m desperate to find out how this wheel is to ride.