Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

And on the Facebook page, there was a question asking whether the material should stainless steel, or aluminum alloy?

The other option is just to scale up or down the EX20S battery boxes.

Stainless steel would probably be better but aluminum would be cheaper. Either is better than nothing. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Stainless steel would probably be better but aluminum would be cheaper. Either is better than nothing. 

I was surprised by the mention of stainless steel since it would cost and weigh more.  But it would be a lot more durable, provided a suitable stainless is selected. 

10 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

So are you saying instead they are going to be making the battery housings themselves out of metal and scrapping the plastic ones? I'm definitely a fan of that. 

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

And on the Facebook page, there was a question asking whether the material should stainless steel, or aluminum alloy?

The other option is just to scale up or down the EX20S battery boxes.

Held together by er, wood screws? The pig now wears lipstick - an improvement, granted, but surely of an incremental, and ‘should’ve been done that way in the first place anyway’ nature? Are INM and Leaperkim somehow missing a trick here? 🤔🤣

The raw power, range, headroom and general ‘suspension’ ride of the Master Pro, the EX 30 and EB Commander Pro are undoubtedly there in the 134v format,  however a couple of points do arise:

1) unless you go Aliexpress/direct, these 134v wheels are going to be as expensive as the 126v Challenger and 100v Sherman S; given the oft-encountered issues based largely around QA or design with Begode/EB wheels, are you ‘feeling lucky’?   ie who gives you the backup as and when ‘events and issues’ conspire to require you to either spare parts or anything more than a basic ‘wood screw’-type servicing issue, ie a ‘warranty’ matter? Or is this perhaps what one may consider the price worth paying, the risk-divdend, as opposed to -premium?

and 

2) I get fully that you have a great, long and inviting road leading/beckoning to the beach, and thereby the machine chosen must have both headroom and legs to go there and back, ideally at your intended cruising speed, but I’d be considering too matters like cooling ability, battery pack quality and parts replacement costs and their availability in the event of the aforementioned unforseeable events,  all pointing back to point 1?  

I raise this as much as anything merely to flag up the ‘cons’ to wheels made by a company with many ‘pros’ conferred upon their myriad lineup, albeit some of which of late have suffered somewhat by various problems, both of design and QA origin, and I can certainly understand the eagerness to get the ‘right’ wheel for the job, if not now, at least in time for the 2023 season, slow-boats and external factors permitting.    It may equally be that the 126 or 100v options offer better long term and residual value at their price points, but hey - it’s only money, and as it has already been stated, in the long term we’re all destined to be just so much dust,  and the range of choice is there today, or in the coming weeks, for all our delectation and delight.

I hope you find your dream wheel, and soonest!

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

Held together by er, wood screws? The pig now wears lipstick - an improvement, granted, but surely of an incremental, and ‘should’ve been done that way in the first place anyway’ nature? Are INM and Leaperkim somehow missing a trick here? 🤔🤣

The raw power, range, headroom and general ‘suspension’ ride of the Master Pro, the EX 30 and EB Commander Pro are undoubtedly there in the 134v format,  however a couple of points do arise:

1) unless you go Aliexpress/direct, these 134v wheels are going to be as expensive as the 126v Challenger and 100v Sherman S; given the oft-encountered issues based largely around QA or design with Begode/EB wheels, are you ‘feeling lucky’?   ie who gives you the backup as and when ‘events and issues’ conspire to require you to either spare parts or anything more than a basic ‘wood screw’-type servicing issue, ie a ‘warranty’ matter? Or is this perhaps what one may consider the price worth paying, the risk-divdend, as opposed to -premium?

and 

2) I get fully that you have a great, long and inviting road leading/beckoning to the beach, and thereby the machine chosen must have both headroom and legs to go there and back, ideally at your intended cruising speed, but I’d be considering too matters like cooling ability, battery pack quality and parts replacement costs and their availability in the event of the aforementioned unforseeable events,  all pointing back to point 1?  

I think there are going be people who will continue to choose Begode over other brands for specific uses, and those who will choose other makes.

Marty is a good example of the former. He has been in the euc scene for a long while, and has own many wheels. And he openly tells the world all the problems with Begode wheels, yet he would continue to buy and ride specific wheels made by Begode. And Marty is tech savvy, so it is not an "ignorance is bliss" kind of thing.

After my experience with my T3, I got a peak into how Begode build quality and way of thinking is like, so I am somewhat gun shy when it comes Begode wheels. 

On the other hand, I am still enjoying my V12, and increasingly more so with time, if this is at all possible. And the only real material change I made was a tire. Mind you setup is critically important. Because of this experience, I am strongly biased towards new models of Inmotion wheels.

Having said that, because of the popularity of the Sherman, and the comments I have read from owners, I would also favor the Veteran brand of wheels over Begode's.

Despite this, if I find that a Begode wheel to be best in class overall for my use case, and I can sufficiently offset the bad by the positives, I would purchase it, knowingly the hassles that it will comes with. And this how the metal protective box or shield will help Begode's case.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

Despite this, if I find that a Begode wheel to be best in class overall for my use case, and I can sufficiently offset the bad by the positives, I would purchase it, knowingly the hassles that it will comes with. And this how the metal protective box or shield will help Begode's case.

Exactly why the ex30 is my next wheel. Id love to own a sherman-s and the ex30, but I dont have the money for both.

Currently the ex30 fits a spot in the big (3000+wh battery) suspension wheel category that other wheels just dont fill in. I want an EUC with 20" tire diameter so that writes off the master pro and v13 already. That leaves just the sherman-s and ex30. My local grouprides are starting to push for 50mph and I need the headroom to be able to go that speed safely and comfortably. I would be beeping the entire time on a sherman-s. Therefore, ex30 it is. If the sherman-s came out with a higher performance and voltage, I bet that thing would win by a landslide given there are no issues like the abrams.

Also I took apart my RSHS V3 recently. No wood screws on that thing as far as I could tell. I only took apart the side panels to get to the motor though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Also are there any updated renders/pics regarding the metal battery cases and if they will come stock?

Actually, I was just reading that thread on Facebook. Kebye GotWay said that they now have decided on which metal to use. No pics, and no additional details.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

The EX30 will complement well my Master and T4. Fills that ultra-performance long-range gap perfectly.

I ended buying the Sherman S and will wait a year for the EX30 to mature and issues ironed out before buying it.

The EX30 is so tempting though right now, and even though I have excess funds to buy it, I am going to wait. A C40 motor with 134.4 v system is going to be a beast! May as well be the sleeper hit of 2023 if the suspension is any good.

Seriously Begode, put in a quality brand name shock and you'll be golden.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

The EX30 will complement well my Master and T4. Fills that ultra-performance long-range gap perfectly.

It is looking like you are going full Begode. 🙂

I guess if you are happy, and don't mind the "brand new, after sales" mod's required to get them to work right, the EX30 should potentially be a even better Begode suspension wheel with better performance and/or range. I am guessing you are dismissing the V13 primarily because of lower battery capacity. About it could turn out to be quite a performer with other benefits. I guess a secondary negative against the V13 is that it is a few lbs. heavier. 

The EX30, Master, T4 have an aesthetic that I like. They are sexy wheels. The V13 looks like it was committee-designed, and just looks bulky and ugly.

I put emphasis on not just how a wheel performs or its build quality, but also how it looks. V13 is just too comically big for my size. There's that.

Also, with the V11 and V12, they seem overengineered with too many screws just to do a tire change. No thanks!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mango said:

The EX30, Master, T4 have an aesthetic that I like. They are sexy wheels. The V13 looks like it was committee-designed, and just looks bulky and ugly.

I put emphasis on not just how a wheel performs or its build quality, but also how it looks. V13 is just too comically big for my size. There's that.

Fair enough. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Not sure about first batch issues and lack of durability though. Those are big factors any owners won't tolerate. 

31 minutes ago, Mango said:

V13 is just too comically big for my size.

If one wants a 22" wheel, the basic choices are the Abrams, V13, and Master Pro/X. Size wise, aren't they on the large side? I mean, the barebone wheel itself is large, and if you add suspension, it ain't going to be small. But then if you not looking for that kind of stability, then you don't need to go that big.

37 minutes ago, Mango said:

Also, with the V11 and V12, they seem overengineered with too many screws just to do a tire change.

Can't speak about the V11, but I have worked on the V12. I would say the build quality is quite good, and I am find changing tires on it fine, but I would say based on teardown, the Sherman-S has raised the bar on build quality. 

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Also, with the V11 and V12, they seem overengineered with too many screws just to do a tire change. No thanks!

When i first got my v11 i was setting the tire pressure and stupidly turned it on and the wheel rotated and a huge hissing sound followed. I assumed i ripped the valve off of the tube so the first thing i ever did with the wheel was tear it down and remove the tire. Took me about 35 minutes to tear it down, realize the tube/tire were fine and re-assemble it without ever having taken any wheel apart ever. My point is that i don't know how complicated others are but it was fairly simple , straight forward and quick i thought to do the job. You may now laugh at my stupidity....:lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Punxatawneyjoe said:

When i first got my v11 i was setting the tire pressure and stupidly turned it on and the wheel rotated and a huge hissing sound followed. I assumed i ripped the valve off of the tube so the first thing i ever did with the wheel was tear it down and remove the tire. Took me about 35 minutes to tear it down, realize the tube/tire were fine and re-assemble it without ever having taken any wheel apart ever. My point is that i don't know how complicated others are but it was fairly simple , straight forward and quick i thought to do the job. You may now laugh at my stupidity....:lol:

I take my v11 apart every few months to check the condition of everything, clean/lube the suspension rails, air up the shocks, etc. Its really nothing. If people come from a background of never having worked on something before I could see how it might be a little intimidating, but I am used to tearing down engines and pulling dashboards. These little wheels are nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I am used to tearing down engines and pulling dashboards. These little wheels are nothing.

+1

Due to lack of a service manual, the first time tackling a disassembly of an euc could be a bit slower, if one was to do it properly. But in terms of effort and level of difficulty, working on euc's is usually much, much less involve if you compare to cars and motorcycles.

Even so, removing a wheel from a V12 is about the same amount of work as on a Begode T3, but with one exception. The V12 is more pleasant to work on, is clearly designed to be serviced, whereas on the T3, it is kind of not.

Additionally, the tools one needs to do a repair is usually straightforward, standard affair, when compared to cars.

Edited by techyiam

Hey guys 😊

I'm currently torn between the Commander Pro and the EX30. 

Commander Pro seems to be a Master with different suspension, metal side plates and speakers but with it being probably priced around 3100$ it is to cheap for my brain considering the master is around the same money. 

The EX30 isn't my favourite design wise but trying out that C40 makes me interested. 

May consider EX over Copro if waterproofing is at least rain resistant and price is not killing my responsibility as an adult😂

Short story to my experience with begode :

I'm quite new to eucs and started with a Ninebot One S2 in July. Loved to ride and bought myself a Master in late September. So I didn't have any experience with big wheels, big motors and weardown/dirt generated sound changes. I've contacted my dealer (MyEWheel) and they asked for a video which they watched and also sent it to the engineers of begode who said they all watched it and couldn't see or hear something unusual or broken. This was great service from my dealer and from begode. Though, I don't know of the spare parts situation.... 

On 11/20/2022 at 10:19 AM, Mango said:

They are sexy wheels.    Buy 'em dinner first.

The V13 looks like it was committee-designed    It was.

and just looks bulky and ugly.  You've seen one in person? Pictures aren't the same. Also, Beauty... beholder...

I put emphasis on not just how a wheel performs or its build quality, but also how it looks. In person, the EX20 is one of the most wicked, motorcycle-ish looking wheels. Performance and build quality are also words. :roflmao:

Buddy of mine has a ex20 that's blacked out. It looks sick. Don't know what the hate on it is... I'm really liking begode's new design with the EX, master and t4 lineup. It looks amazing. I'm personally not a fan of inmotion v13, commnader/commander pro design and definetly not a fan of the circular design of EXN, tesla, monster, and v12. I do think the KS s22 looks amazing as well.

• Like 1