Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

33 minutes ago, EMA said:

this is a master with 3600wh, why change the motor :wacko: when you already have the c38 ..... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

this is crazy 

Wild guess, more torque? If this the case, does anyone thinks that the Master needs more torque?

The other thing could be that Begode is furious that the best selling performance wheel is another Veteran wheel, not one of theirs. So they leave no stone unturned to find that magical formula, which will give them a best seller.

It seems to me Gotway had wanting to crush Leaper Kim from the very beginning. Since they had failed to do so through legal means, they have been trying to do it in the market place. 

Of all their recently released performance wheels, the Master is the best selling, but not as well as the Sherman Max. The last thing Begode wants is for Leaper Kim to get a hat trick with the Sherman-S. So, out came the Commander Pro, and just now the EX30. I think Begode doesn't want to leave it to chance, so they mimic the Sherman-S as best as they can. As for the EX30, this is the wheel Begode thinks is a better Sherman-S. 

My guess is that if none of Begode's performance wheels does better than the Sherman-S in preorders, we will see another new model to battle against the Sherman-S in the market place. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, EMA said:

this is a master with 3600wh, why change the motor :wacko: when you already have the c38 ..... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

this is crazy 

C38's windings are pretty whimpy... C40 looked like it had more copper per turn, perhaps this is for power handling.
(Maybe C38 is finally having overheating problems at sustained high speed.)

Or... maybe they're finally going to allow 300A phase current :)

7 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Begode-EX-Unicycle-Motor-Gotway-Engine-G

This is classic EX motor

Maybe it's that rim, but almost certainly not that hub. Those huge bearings were terrible: super expensive and easily contaminated.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul g said:

Ohhh!  An other wheel from the Begode “Shitty-Thin-Plastic-Battery-Protection” Line Up!    :lol:

I know the meme is strong with this one, but let’s see the good part: at least it’s a development of their unique line of wheels  :efeebb3acc:

With C40 motor and 134 V going at 120km/h this will be a crazy Road Racer and a HT-acceleration wheel, all in one…that will disintegrate immediately under its own weight when dropped by mistake on a not so flat ground, or when reaching 120km/h and hitting a bump! Contemptuous about safety- Begode style  -_-

Didn’t we all asked ourselves: why is Begode able to copy a good safe(er) design like Sherman and make the Commander, or S20 and make the Hero, or one like ShermaS and make the Commander Pro- and all of these literally over night, but could never make a safe wheel beside these two wheels: the EX20S and the Nik?? :facepalm:  Or were they too copies of something and we didn’t realised it?  :o

Come on, Begode, be gode! We all wait for you to learn something from your mistakes! Make a EX30, even a Master Monster, but protect that battery with a thin layer of hard foam like the Sherman S, add a metal enclosure like you were ready to do for Commander Pro, put foam pads on top to absorb at impact like you already do for Master, make the battery pack and BMS better quality and safer adding fuses like Sherman, what can it be so hard? And you will be GotWay, and you’ll stop needing to change your name every several years, and you will sell wheels like a respectable EUC maker, and no one will laugh about you anymore!  🥲🙂

How do you know that the battery cases will be plastic? [Since the EX20S is all metal] 

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Because BG can, and the rest of them… can't

lol

34 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Wild guess, more torque? If this the case, does anyone want think that the Master needs more?

100v c38 has already tons of torque
EX 100v c40 has a bit more torque, also a bit more top speed. that's why i suppose the master free spin is 112 and this 120.
personally i'll never trade those little "upgrade" for the added weight (EX motor is 4kg more than c38 )

134v c38 is godlike to me :D

23 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

C38's windings are pretty whimpy... C40 looked like it had more copper per turn, perhaps this is for power handling.
(Maybe C38 is finally having overheating problems at sustained high speed.)

Or... maybe they're finally going to allow 300A phase current :)

Maybe it's that rim, but almost certainly not that hub. Those huge bearings were terrible: super expensive and easily contaminated.

could be !
the EX i had in the past runs cooler than any wheel (both board and motor)
the rim was a bit different, slightly smaller and softer but the worst part was the side covers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

so they mimic the Sherman-S as best as they can

I bet the original design of EX30 had the Master's rear end suspension system right until they saw Sherman-S. 

I do wonder whether they will manage to do it right. LeaperKim are also risking a lot with that design. It's not just simply an inversed fork suspension from any front wheel of a mountain bike, it will have to have all three: performance, structural robustness and durability. We'll see about that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

I bet the original design of EX30 had the Master's rear end suspension system right until they saw Sherman-S.

For speedy reactionary Begode, it is possible, for Kingsong, no way.

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

I do wonder whether they will manage to do it right. LeaperKim are also risking a lot with that design. It's not just simply an inversed fork suspension from any front wheel of a mountain bike, it will have to have all three: performance, structural robustness and durability. We'll see about that...

That risk is certainly there, since neither of them has experience with this type of suspension. It is even worse for Leaper Kim since they have never put out a suspension wheel before.

But compare to a MTB front end, on the one hand, I think it is easier to design for euc's since there isn't front end geometry to contend with. But on the other hand there is the effects suspension has on self-balancing dynamics of an euc.

An inverted front fork requires good sealing, which translates to close tolerances. My guess is that there will be a learning curve for both. But Leaper Kim may benefit from FastAce's experience. And Begode's experience with suspension wheesl should give them an advantage over Leaper Kim on the self balancing dynamics front for suspension wheels.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Nick McCutcheonIt's not about speed, I think.

Why the wheels exist, in my opinion:

• EX30: For those who want a Master but with more battery. It's not merely a bigger battery Master because they are trying a new motor already and also somehow they consider it a EX20S-offshoot also and therefore designed a new wheel.
  • Commander Pro: CCD (Compulsive Copying Disorder) or rather the fact that if some other manufacturer does something, they have to try it, too. The central suspension in this case. Which is not a bad impulse per so, only indirectly if it leads to a lack of focus everywhere in the end.
    You could also suppose that it exists because Begode has two wheel design teams/team leads - Begode original and Extreme Bull, and they both needed something to do.
    But asking why it exists is besides the point. The questions to ask is: Why should it not exist if Veteran is doing it? That's how they think. They do like to experiment. For whatever reason. FOMO, or just because they can (which is an awesome), who knows.
  • Master X: For those who want a Master Pro but with less battery/price.
  • (The EX20S exists because they went the safe 100V route with it, and the new unproven 134V route with the Master.)

It can all be explained. In the same way that manufacturers often do harebrained things and miss the obvious because they themselves don't eat their own dogfood (ride their own wheels), you cannot go by what the riders want or what makes sense for the riders, but by the internal workings of the company to explain their output.

Isn't that exactly the case? The Master Pro and Master X only differ in battery size, right? They didn't even bother to make the battery case smaller for the X.

Or is there some other difference, like different motors or whatnot?

I see, good points. I just hope with all these new models they are maybe, possibly, considering the idea of not abandoning support altogether when some models inevitably don't do well and are discontinued. The EX20S was a pretty solid (albeit under-advertised) wheel I'd say, but its production cycle didn't even last a year. When dealers eventually reach out to Begode for parts, I wonder if they're going to produce some or tell the dealers they "can't produce them anymore". 

They are the same (Master Pro and X) except battery size, I just think they added unnecessary confusion by naming it something else instead of just a sub-variant (like Nikola+ 1800 vs 2700, rather than Nikola+ and Nikola Max or something like that). 

1 minute ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I just hope with all these new models they are maybe, possibly, considering the idea of not abandoning support altogether when some models inevitably don't do well and are discontinued.

If I bought one of those wheels, I'd probably get a replacement board right away, just to be sure to have one (just look at the Master batch chaos, that wheel is a rolling release of its own). Maybe some other important/rare parts, too. I'm afraid one has to be proactive about that. You're right, it's definitely a point of concern here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It helps to think about how an ideal/complete Begode lineup would look. In my view:

• 16 incher, 100V (because 134V limits battery size flexibility): 1800Wh (T4) and 3600Wh (does not exist, but I would buy the f**k out of that!)
  • 20 incher, 134V: 2400Wh (Master) and 3600Wh (EX30)
  • 22 incher: 134V, 3600Wh (Master X) and 4800Wh (Master Pro)

Besides the lack of a 3600Wh 16 incher, it's what we got! (Plus the extra Commander Pro. Which has a bit of justifcation as a classic shell + central suspension wheel. Let's ignore the obvious copier going brrr.) They just named it confusingly, and instead of offering battery size variants of the same wheel, some battery size variants are wheels of their own because they can't stop trying new stuff.

it's crazy how you can mess up with names when you can simple say "now we offer a master with 3600wh"  :eff034a94a:

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Paul g said:

If it was we knew by now from the teaser info.

When the EX20S was leaked (although they didn't have a mock up teaser only the finished product) there was no talk on this forum about it having metal casings. But it did. This would make more sense as to why they are releasing this with the other masters. But I have no idea and it might be just wishful thinking on my part. Hard to predict Begode's strategy sometimes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It helps to think about how an ideal/complete Begode lineup would look. In my view:

• 16 incher, 100V (because 134V limits battery size flexibility): 1800Wh (T4) and 3600Wh (does not exist, but I would buy the f**k out of that!)
  • 20 incher, 134V: 2400Wh (Master) and 3600Wh (EX30)
  • 22 incher: 134V, 3600Wh (Master X) and 4800Wh (Master Pro)

Besides the lack of a 3600Wh 16 incher, it's what we got! (Plus the extra Commander Pro. Which has a bit of justifcation as a classic shell + central suspension wheel. Let's ignore the obvious copier going brrr.) They just named it confusingly, and instead of offering battery size variants of the same wheel, some battery size variants are wheels of their own because they can't stop trying new stuff.

Don't forget that we have C30, C38, and C40 motors in play as well.  There are still combinations that haven't been produced.  Could we see a C40 Master with 2400wh? In theory, it would be a great track wheel for Apple Valley.

Just now, Rollin-on-1 said:

Don't forget that we have C30, C38, and C40 motors in play as well.  There are still combinations that haven't been produced.  Could we see a C40 Master with 2400wh? In theory, it would be a great track wheel for Apple Valley.

And what would they call it?  Master XHT?  EX30-mini?