Making Begode wheels safer: PWM tiltback with custom firmware

Good night.

Would there be the possibility of forcing the installation of the cfw to begode ex20s without using the "euc world" application?

It's just that I can't get it with the application, I've tried every possible way and there's no way to update it with either OFW or with CFW... And the update doesn't work with the official begode app either.

I have commented on it some other time, but the update process works perfectly, it ends at 100%, but it has not really been updated because, when connecting to euc again, it continues to indicate the original ofw version instead of the cfw version...

@Seba @Freestyler any other brute force option?

😂

A lot of thanks for your help and work.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:02 PM, Seba said:

but for now Bill is apparently gone (last visited February 18) and no one knows when or if he'll be back again

Bill had an accident in February..

He wasn't able to walk for at least 2+ months since..

It was bad..

• Sad 10

13 hours ago, RaulR said:

Good night.

Would there be the possibility of forcing the installation of the cfw to begode ex20s without using the "euc world" application?

It's just that I can't get it with the application, I've tried every possible way and there's no way to update it with either OFW or with CFW... And the update doesn't work with the official begode app either.

I have commented on it some other time, but the update process works perfectly, it ends at 100%, but it has not really been updated because, when connecting to euc again, it continues to indicate the original ofw version instead of the cfw version...

@Seba @Freestyler any other brute force option?

😂

A lot of thanks for your help and work.

Install the Custom Firmware again with EUC World.

Use EUC Dash to set dynamic tiltback.
https://freestyl3r.github.io/euc-dash/begode.html

Verify dynamic tiltback by lifting the wheel with the light on. It should tilt back and strobe.
Not all modified versions of the firmware have the CF prefix so they will not be detected by EUC World or Darknessbot.

• Like 3

I successfully flashed the custom firmware on my EX20S yesterday and it appears to work well, although I haven't really tested it much yet. I tend to like riding with my headlight flashing for visibility, but obviously this is not possible with dynamic tiltback enabled since it uses the strobe mode to indicate that tiltback is active. I wonder if this could be made into a selectable option in EUC world, so we can have both dynamic tiltback enabled but still use a strobing light during normal riding. To me, that would be perfect. :-)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

[...] I wonder if this could be made into a selectable option in EUC world, so we can have both [...]

While using CF you can't have strobe.

If you want strobe switch back to stock Firmware! 😉

I'm still not sure the flashing headlight during tiltback is a good idea. In the day I'm surprised anyone notices, and at night you want a headlight that remains on regardless don't you ?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I'm still not sure the flashing headlight during tiltback is a good idea. In the day I'm surprised anyone notices, and at night you want a headlight that remains on regardless don't you ?!

It only flashes the headlight if it's already turned on, I think it's a great visual indicator at night.

Took my eWheels batch 2 Master out for a quick errand today. It's running Freestyler's custom firmware. Going down my street at maybe 20mph (32 kph) and I heard two beeps. Turned the corner and two more beeps. I hopped off to see my wheel do a gradual but steep tiltback. Turned the wheel off and then back on and crossed the street. Within half a minute heard the beeps again. I slowed down while it continued to give me the double beeps. The pedals tilted way back as I was already off the wheel.

This is new behavior to me. I've got maybe 500 miles (800 km) on the wheel and have never seen it do this. Is this part of the CF firmware? Is this a different issue to troubleshoot? I rode a bit more and didn't have the issue come up again while out (total of 6 miles).

Does the CF firmware tiltback on over voltage condition? Both instances were right after taking the wheel off the charger. Maybe braking pushed the voltage up a bit too much.

37 minutes ago, taiguy said:

right after taking the wheel off the charger. Maybe braking pushed the voltage up a bit too much.

That is definitely the most plausible reason. Next time (anything like) it happens, check the voltage.

Edited by mrelwood

1 hour ago, taiguy said:

Took my eWheels batch 2 Master out for a quick errand today. It's running Freestyler's custom firmware. Going down my street at maybe 20mph (32 kph) and I heard two beeps. Turned the corner and two more beeps. I hopped off to see my wheel do a gradual but steep tiltback. Turned the wheel off and then back on and crossed the street. Within half a minute heard the beeps again. I slowed down while it continued to give me the double beeps. The pedals tilted way back as I was already off the wheel.

This is new behavior to me. I've got maybe 500 miles (800 km) on the wheel and have never seen it do this. Is this part of the CF firmware? Is this a different issue to troubleshoot? I rode a bit more and didn't have the issue come up again while out (total of 6 miles).

Does the CF firmware tiltback on over voltage condition? Both instances were right after taking the wheel off the charger. Maybe braking pushed the voltage up a bit too much.

Over voltage is 3 beeps
2 beeps is either low voltage or overheat if they are like 2 seconds apart, or hall effect sensor problem if they are very close with no downtime like beepbeep..beepbeep 

18 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

Over voltage is 3 beeps
2 beeps is either low voltage or overheat if they are like 2 seconds apart, or hall effect sensor problem if they are very close with no downtime like beepbeep..beepbeep 

Is this documented anywhere?

I put the wheel back on the charger when I got back. Took it off and opened the Begode app to check voltage. It keeps switching between 134V and 129.5V every second. Temp switches between 25.6 and 34.4 as well

Image_994002.jpg

Image_880769.jpg

6 minutes ago, taiguy said:

Is this documented anywhere?

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8773-gotway-beep-code/?do=findComment&comment=128743
From Jane Mo:

1. first speed alarm, 2 beeps per second 
  2. second speed alarm, 3 beeps per second 
  3. third speed alarm, 4 beeps per second 
  4. 80% power alarm, 5 beeps per second(continuously non-stop beeping without pause) 
  5. less than 7.2km/h, low voltage,1 beep every 2 seconds 
  6. less than 14.4km/h, low voltage, 2 beeps  every 2 seconds 
  7. more than 14.4km/h, low voltage, 3 beeps every 2 seconds 
  8. hall sensor defect, 2 beeps every 1/2 seconds
  9. PCB high temperature alarm, 2 short beep 2 seconds, tilt back to get rider off the EUC, tilting back and forward after stopped 
  10. extreme low voltage power on,1 beep 1 second,totally 5 beep 
  11. fall down,1 beep 1 second, total of 5 beeps
  12. over voltage, 3 short beep 2 second, tilt back when riding downhill

• Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 9:03 PM, Mantraguy said:

I wonder if this could be made into a selectable option in EUC world

I agree, it was good to be able to choose this option. Also, the option on which PWM to Tiltback, now this is happening in the area of 77-80%.

On 4/29/2023 at 9:34 PM, Lefteris said:

While using CF you can't have strobe.

If you want strobe switch back to stock Firmware! 😉

If anybody want strobe on Freestyl3r firmware, switch alert mode to one of default variants. Strobe don't turn on manually only with fourth alert mode. 

On 4/29/2023 at 9:48 PM, Cerbera said:

at night you want a headlight ?!

I'm use Mateminco MT04 flashlight for night rides. So I don't see strobe at 79% pwm because lamp of wheel is dim. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, evgesnev said:

Hi, could you make please custom firmware for my begode rs hs 134 volts? If you need original firmware just contact me.

As per previous posts, @Freestyler won't be able to work with firmware files after his terrible accident.

• Sad 4

Anyone have this set up on a Hero? It seems the firmware breaks the headlight - I can't force it to turn off. It also doesn't strobe when hitting the beeps. I haven't gone fast enough to feel the tiltback yet (82% wasn't enough I guess, and I'm not very comfortable riding the final beeps) but when freespinning I do feel a jolt some time after 80%.

13 hours ago, ursi said:

Anyone have this set up on a Hero? It seems the firmware breaks the headlight - I can't force it to turn off. It also doesn't strobe when hitting the beeps. I haven't gone fast enough to feel the tiltback yet (82% wasn't enough I guess, and I'm not very comfortable riding the final beeps) but when freespinning I do feel a jolt some time after 80%.

You can test it out by setting 50% then ride the beep.