Making Begode wheels safer: PWM tiltback with custom firmware

So yesterday I flashed the EXN to 80% dynamic tiltback. Thanks again Bill!

Went for a cruise with my friends today... floored it as soon as I left the house... got to a nice high speed and 78% PWM and the wheel did not beep.
Rode some more with the guys... then on the way back home Fredde was on his EXN HS and we were riding on a long straight. He was riding along there at around 50kmh gently accelerating and waiting for his beeps lol. I ripped past him and started beeping, hit tiltback, pushed even more... and actually achieved 86% PWM at 62kmh and sagged down to 81.5V. I also pulled 70A (140A) shown on DB. Needless to say Fredde ran out of balls since once a wheel beeps you kind of wonder if it is yours or not... unless you have dynamic tiltback. Then just yolo.... :clap3:

All the numbers look good to me.
"Slow speed" overshooting is easier than high speed overshooting. Or rather... it is easier to overshoot 60kmh than 70kmh.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 1:57 AM, Lefteris said:

So, you managed to get the whole veteran firmware update process, great to know, that opens up possibilities!
(please tell me more mastah 😂)

Time to fire up that IDA 😁😋
cc @Freestyler

Does this open the door to PWM tilt back for LeaperKim wheels? I really want this on my Abrams.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:49 AM, Lefteris said:

stm32 chips have read protection, it's quite difficult to do so... 🤔

I have started my research. It may take me a bit to determine what protection they are using and what exploits are available, hefty learning curve. Have a few ideas on how to mitigate some of my risk but not holding my breath for a solution just yet.

• Like 2

@Freestyler

Thank you so much for your amazing contribution for EUC community !

I saw that you managed to change the Mten4 to 100V. I would like to experiment it with mine 🤗🤗🤗

I currently have Mten4_GW1011004 official firmware installed. I needed it because I have installed a kill switch button.

Is possible to provide me a custom firmware based on this official one + the 100V activated with the procedure to implement it (I already saw the video with the proxy change to install CFW via Begode app)?

And I let you decide about the PWM value based on others experience/feedback. 

Thank you very much 🙂 

Lucas from Switzerland

• Like 3

Hello @Freestyler I can't seem to use the method you sent me that work a few months ago, did you change some settings ? Thanks a lot ! I did my master but I can't find the mcm5v2 software, I now have a blackboard :)

Tim :)

Edited by Timwheel
  • Like 1

Hi @Freestyler, Thank you for all your work on begode firmwares, do you think it's possible to modify the firmware of a Nikola card (side mount) to put it horizontally at the top of the wheel, I'm making a custom wheel and I I prefer to put the batteries on the side of the wheel than at the top to reduce the center of gravity, I hesitate to use the firmware of the hero but I may have stability problems since the hero is 18 "and my custom 16" and not the same weight 

Edited by Justin38

19 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Only if the Nikola has a program-abled board.

Yes I understood, what I wanted to know is rather if it is possible to change the orientation of the card in the firmware because a side card cannot be calibrated when mounted horizontally at the top of the wheel 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justin38 said:

Yes I understood, what I wanted to know is rather if it is possible to change the orientation of the card in the firmware because a side card cannot be calibrated when mounted horizontally at the top of the wheel 

Sorries, got it! Hope you figure it out!

21 hours ago, Justin38 said:

Sorry, I don't know how to do that yet :/

• Thanks 1

It would be really cool to just be able to recalibrate a motherboard in any mounting orientation.   I just swapped MBs between an EXN ht to a RS Hs, had to flip them and mount in original orientation to work... that was fun lol.  

Also in case you guys didn't see, Euc World's new app update adds Freestyler's firmware updates!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vince.Fab said:

It would be really cool to just be able to recalibrate a motherboard in any mounting orientation.   I just swapped MBs between an EXN ht to a RS Hs, had to flip them and mount in original orientation to work... that was fun lol. 

Sounds like a huge oversight on Begodes part?

5 hours ago, Cerbera said:

What are the chances of bricking a Master if I do this ? Just thought I'd check...

Same as with every firmware update. Downgrade is just an update using older firmware :)

• Like 1

Thanks for this amazing work.

I just bought an extreme bull commander (will be shipped soon)

From what I gather,

1) EBC does have black board and interfacing with it is technically possible

2) EB hasn't released original firmware nor any subsequent updates

3) so there is no baseline from which you could implement the enhancement to alarming using PWM.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Seba said:

EUC World 2.30 is out

Thanks for this @Seba Will the updated Wear OS companion app be available shortly? Sorry for off topic, Cheers.

Edited by fbhb