Making Begode wheels safer: PWM tiltback with custom firmware

5 hours ago, Freestyler said:

I recently got a hold of a commander firmware. It seems that commander boards were never released with wireless flashing capability, so that's a good reason for Begode not providing firmwares in the app, because there is no way for regular consumers to flash it. (it requires a cable)

That is both good and bad news.

I would still flash it via cable if you could implement the PWM. I guess how-to is something the commander owners will have to figure out ourselves.

6 hours ago, Freestyler said:

Nice catch. With dynamic tiltback enabled, you cannot set a custom tiltback speed.

Seba could get around that by first disabling dynamic tiltback and then setting the tiltback speed.

Really?

I've found myself with the 25kmh law inforcement tiltback accidentaly activated in my pocket. I thought it was because of an accidental long click on gauge... My be I've been able to mess something in the menu if it's not a function

On 2/7/2023 at 12:34 PM, Freestyler said:

Good news. Firmware is published! I will port PWM tiltback on it in a day or two!

To confirm for others, @Freestylerpublished the PWM tiltback version of GW2014503 (as eWheels Master in his firmware list), and it’s working on my eWheels LiTech Samsung 50E Master v3 (Nov 2022 delivery). 

Many others have commented in this thread, but I’m pretty happy with it—it kicks in a little after the beeps, but very noticeable without being disruptive. I don’t think it could go unnoticed like what people are saying about the apparently gentle tiltback on the current V13 firmware.

Edited by chuvisco
wording

Hello Guys, especially @Freestyler !

Do we have a changelog of the different master softwares available ? Seems to me that 3 are currently available.

I have the 2014903 without pedal fix from a few months back, what does the 2014904 have to add to that ? I may upgrade to the pedal fix already (which is the same name as I had but with "(pedal modes fix) added) as I don't know what the 904 does more...

Thank you so much for your work,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 12:52 AM, Freestyler said:

There is only one published ex firmware. That's before the newly released ones that let you discharge cells lower.

Freestyler

i noticed that the new update to EUC world has a special tab for your firmware. How can I use this on my new edition EXN?

Is it possible to edit begode firmware to stop the pedals from dipping in turns? Kingsong and Inmotion wheels dont dip in turns like the begode wheels. Is that just firmware or or is there an additional piece of hardware that is required?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cyph said:

I only see the official firmware in the app?

I had to uninstall EUC WORLD and then re-install the latest EUC WORLD. one I did that I could see and load freestylers firmware from the EUC WORLD menu under firmware 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyph said:

I only see the official firmware in the app?

Update EUC World to latest version.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Seba said:

Update EUC World to latest version.

Does this mean that you can now immediately, without having to do anything else, simply start up your wheel, start EUC world, find your wheel, and then flash the PMW tiltback software, restart and then you are up and running?  ( RS19 HS newest version with speakers on the left and red (useless) display )

2 hours ago, Robse said:

Does this mean that you can now immediately, without having to do anything else, simply start up your wheel, start EUC world, find your wheel, and then flash the PMW tiltback software, restart and then you are up and running?  ( RS19 HS newest version with speakers on the left and red (useless) display )

Yes. For those having trouble, I had to select the “custom firmware” channel to get the custom firmware.

• Like 1

All the proxies I've found and tried to use are showing blank screens in Begode app's FW update section. If I turn off proxy - I can see stock FWs without any problems. Am I missing something, or proxies are just turned off?

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the 16 mph speed limit alert on EUC world? I turned off speed limit alerts in both EUC world and the Begode app. The EUC world app is the only one that alert me once I hit 16mph. If not using it, no speed alert.

3 hours ago, Cyph said:

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the 16 mph speed limit alert on EUC world? I turned off speed limit alerts in both EUC world and the Begode app. The EUC world app is the only one that alert me once I hit 16mph. If not using it, no speed alert.

I figured it out. It’s under alarms and is independent of the wheel setting.

It is the custom firmware indicator for darknessbot.  you can still use EUC Dash to set tiltback.  You won't get the true PWM reading is the only real downside.

Recently upgraded to an EX.N and am very interested in having this custom firmware. @Freestyler, is this still only available by receiving directly from you? Also, I’m iOS so only have stock Begode app and darkness bot. Is it still possible to receive? This is my first post here, so if it’s somewhere completely obvious I apologize in advance. Appreciate anyone’s help!

• Like 1

No need to worry about changing firmware, upgrade works flawlessly with EUC World on my V2 Master. Curiously, app installs CF2014903 version of the firmware although I choose latest version CF2014904!

Does the custom firmware automatically detect Master model and install appropriate version? I can still choose GW2014904 from the official firmware option of EUC World.

• Like 1