Making Begode wheels safer: PWM tiltback with custom firmware

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!  

I am a sad T3 owner and I really need help :(

After I found this thread, I immediately decided to install custom firmware from the respected Freestyler on my T3. When I bought it, the firmware version was GW1601001. In the EUC World app, I chose custom firmware and started the update. Everything went without errors and at the end a message appeared that the update was successful, after that the unicycle turned off. I turned it on, opened the settings in EUC World, but found that the firmware version remained the same (GW1601001). After that  I tried several times to re-update the firmware to the custom one, but each time after a successful update, I saw the old version of the firmware. The option to enable the dynamic tiltback was also missing in the EUC World settings. Then I tried to update the firmware to the latest official version (T3_G1601003), first  through EUC World, then through the official Begode application, but every time after a successful update process and reboot of the unicycle, I have seen the same old firmware version in the settings - GW1601001.  

Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem or my controller just has a factory defect and in order to update the firmware I will have to replace it with a new one? :( 

Thank you!

• Like 1

@AgaLeX, the version number remaining the same seems to be a common problem. If you read back on this thread you should find others discussing the issue.

Although in my understanding the Dynamic Tilt-back should still be available. I hope someone can help you with that.

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2023 at 5:32 PM, AgaLeX said:

Hi!  

I am a sad T3 owner and I really need help :(

After I found this thread, I immediately decided to install custom firmware from the respected Freestyler on my T3. When I bought it, the firmware version was GW1601001. In the EUC World app, I chose custom firmware and started the update. Everything went without errors and at the end a message appeared that the update was successful, after that the unicycle turned off. I turned it on, opened the settings in EUC World, but found that the firmware version remained the same (GW1601001). After that  I tried several times to re-update the firmware to the custom one, but each time after a successful update, I saw the old version of the firmware. The option to enable the dynamic tiltback was also missing in the EUC World settings. Then I tried to update the firmware to the latest official version (T3_G1601003), first  through EUC World, then through the official Begode application, but every time after a successful update process and reboot of the unicycle, I have seen the same old firmware version in the settings - GW1601001.  

Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem or my controller just has a factory defect and in order to update the firmware I will have to replace it with a new one? :( 

Thank you!

Yo, if FW bootloader is stuck for any reason - it was always helpful for me personally unplug batteries to do proper reset. You need figure out what version of board you have mate. My guess is that you chosen incorrect FW and board will not accept it on reboot, and than fall back to original FW.

Seems solvable no reason to be sad ... yet ...  :D

On 6/29/2023 at 11:21 AM, Bizra6ot said:

@daniel1234 You can't, the fw id do not match the update will not start
I remember that @Freestyler had 'cheated' by editing a c30 fw to flash it on a c38 mb or the other way, but you also need to connect the board to the pc to load the fw it's not possible through BT

Unfortunately @Freestyler is not available, so my t4 is brick for last month. Without him I am lost - nobody else know how to get inside FW. Since my rim on second QS motor cracked, I paid professional motor service to transplant rim from ZX motor to QS motor and replace bearing and seal it with O rings. 

Personally, I feel scamed by Begode and Aliexpress seller. I paid too many spare parts of t4 already and it keeps breaking regularly. Begode warranty for v1 early adopter's is Joke. They just lie. If anything breaks it is riders fault and they let you pay. I hope they will get cutout on their own product and burn in hell. 

As soon as I get my T4 running it will available for sale. I will rather buy another Kingsong and ride "less extreme"... I am casual rider and I was not able to break s18 in two years. But both t4 v1 and master v1 are just bad and unsafe unfinished products. I hope somebody will learn from my mistake. 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Begode has now added pwm tiltback to their experimental firmware on the extreme.

Rocker adjustment is the tiltback strength, power alarm rocker switch enables tiltback when you hit your power alarm

EF9CFFF5-1C41-43CE-97B4-99CEBBE0313A.jpeg

Can you provide this firmware? And/or the official and modified firmwares for other wheels? I work in software development professionally, and while I have no idea what specifically was done to modify the prior firmwares, or what language these are written in, etc, I'm happy to start to take a look and determine whether this is within my skill set to take on.

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Begode has now added pwm tiltback to their experimental firmware on the extreme.

Rocker adjustment is the tiltback strength, power alarm rocker switch enables tiltback when you hit your power alarm

EF9CFFF5-1C41-43CE-97B4-99CEBBE0313A.jpeg

The rocker adjustment is the pedal angle forward / backwards. 4 being neutral. <4 being tilt forward and >4 tilt backwards. 

Angle Compensation will tilt the pedals up when you do a tight turn. 

12 minutes ago, Kekafuch said:

The rocker adjustment is the pedal angle forward / backwards. 4 being neutral. <4 being tilt forward and >4 tilt backwards. 

That can not be, who wants that at 70-80km / h the wheel tilts forward when the PWM alarm is triggered? :(

1 hour ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

That can not be, who wants that at 70-80km / h the wheel tilts forward when the PWM alarm is triggered? :(

It’s the riding pedal angle not for tilt back alarm. It now can be adjusted via a defined value like Veteran wheels vs before you had to use the silly calibration method.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Can anyone inform me what I am doing wrong as I can’t flash freestylers firmware on my Mcm5 v2?

I have an iphone so I just asked an android owner to download the app and I connected via Bluetooth to the Mcm5 and could read all the statistics of the wheel and sound the horn etc but the firmware options are all greyed out.

Is there something else I should be doing?

4 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Beside i'd never go 80km/h on an EUC i'd definitely try tilt forward!

As i never had a chance to experience it, as everyone else, i can't say it's better but as written before i'd definitely test it. Imho tilt back was the wrong way to go - with the new begode experimental firmware we'll soon see what's better!

On 8/3/2023 at 8:16 PM, Spiwrs said:

Can anyone inform me what I am doing wrong as I can’t flash freestylers firmware on my Mcm5 v2?

I have an iphone so I just asked an android owner to download the app and I connected via Bluetooth to the Mcm5 and could read all the statistics of the wheel and sound the horn etc but the firmware options are all greyed out.

Is there something else I should be doing?

The MCM5 V2 is not able to do firmware updates, sorry!

On 8/3/2023 at 8:16 PM, Spiwrs said:

to be able to flash firmware you need a black board 

Hello, friends! I, like many here, also switched to custom firmware. And everything would be very good, I really like everything.
EUC Begode RS HS C30.

Edited by XOHDA

I successfully installed the custom firmware via EUCWorld on my RS C38. When I make a freespin test the light strobes, so I consider it working.

However the tiltback (safety margin grey, not changeable) does not kick in, even though it is enabled. I did not try to ride beyond the beeps. But there is no tiltback up to the last beeps. Any suggestions?

9 hours ago, Boris Lämpel said:

I successfully installed the custom firmware via EUCWorld on my RS C38. When I make a freespin test the light strobes, so I consider it working.

However the tiltback (safety margin grey, not changeable) does not kick in, even though it is enabled. I did not try to ride beyond the beeps. But there is no tiltback up to the last beeps. Any suggestions?

I set tiltback to 50% PWM temporarily to experience what it’s like. For me the tiltback kicked in a little after I heard the helmet beeps, but it is definitely there and noticeable. 

I cannot even set the safety margin. But when the tiltback comes after the beeps I think there is enough safety.

But actually I would prefer the tiltback before the beeps...

I have an EX30. I have updated firmware to the last one using the EUC World app and I am using the last Begode app (1.0.15). When I try to change power tilt back, operation mode or pedal angle in app I receive message "Setup failed.". Other options (e.g. mod setting, alarm setting,..) I can change. 

Any idea how to enable changes in app? I tried "reset" wheel with free spin but no effects. I also flashed same firmware again but no difference.

Is it possible to somehow force reset firmware to default setting?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dprimic said:

I have an EX30. I have updated firmware to the last one using the EUC World app and I am using the last Begode app (1.0.15). When I try to change power tilt back, operation mode or pedal angle in app I receive message "Setup failed.". Other options (e.g. mod setting, alarm setting,..) I can change. 

Any idea how to enable changes in app? I tried "reset" wheel with free spin but no effects. I also flashed same firmware again but no difference.

Is it possible to somehow force reset firmware to default setting?

The problem is solved with a new firmware (EX30_GW2025006).

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 9:36 AM, dprimic said:

I have an EX30. I have updated firmware to the last one using the EUC World app and I am using the last Begode app (1.0.15). When I try to change power tilt back, operation mode or pedal angle in app I receive message "Setup failed.".

For info, I am using 006 FW and I get a 'setup failed' message flash up too (using the Begode app) but the operation mode is definitely changing, you can hear it in the motor noise.