Making Begode wheels safer: PWM tiltback with custom firmware

On 8/3/2023 at 5:28 PM, Kekafuch said:

The rocker adjustment is the pedal angle forward / backwards. 4 being neutral. <4 being tilt forward and >4 tilt backwards. 

Angle Compensation will tilt the pedals up when you do a tight turn. 

This doesn't appear to be happening for me. 9 provides a level pedal (which I usually run), anything less tilts the pedals forwards :huh:

• 2 months later...

As I see now power alarm and tilt back at set % are available in the begode app, does this mean we can now flash the official firmware and have the pwm % tilt back (begode master)?

Does anyone have experience?

Edited by Aztek

On 8/23/2023 at 6:52 AM, Planemo said:

This doesn't appear to be happening for me. 9 provides a level pedal (which I usually run), anything less tilts the pedals forwards :huh:

I had a similar issue with my EX30 when I bought it (secondhand). The wheel had a couple of degrees forward tilt when on setting 4. I could change the setting in the app to make the pedals level but whenever I restarted the wheel it went back to how it was before - foward tilt at setting 4. I recalibrated the wheel and it has been fine since - level pedals at setting 4. I guess it should be level at setting 5 but I forgot to change it to 5 before I recalibrated....

14 hours ago, Aztek said:

As I see now power alarm and tilt back at set % are available in the begode app, does this mean we can now flash the official firmware and have the pwm % tilt back (begode master)?

Been using it and quite happy with it on my v2.

15 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

am not sure if the v1 and v1.5 master have the firmware update

The app does not discriminate the master version. The firmware itself is not marked for specific version neither. I.e. flashing it seems the usual risky affair. Of course begode do not give any real info and the few words are in cryptic broken English...

Since I have the freestyl3r's fw installed.and working properly, it is not a wise move to risk with the bg new fw having little to none info on what it does and how it does it.

On 10/27/2023 at 11:13 AM, Aztek said:

Hi, I did it on my T4 V1:

Screenshot_20231101-145330.thumb.png.adb2be34450d8decd163f33449f10c7c.png

Now I have a nice brick:

PXL_20231101_123854103.thumb.jpg.4563c2e63851df82bf8f82bcf42411f3.jpg

Auxiliaries (lights, beep) are working, no balancing, Begode app shows "MOS1 error", EUC World does not connect.

@Seba please, would it be possible to set/give a proxy so I can flash @Freestyler firmware back using Begode App?

Édit: no need for a proxy, I managed to downgrade with an older version of Begode App and the"start into bootloader" trick.

Edited by RolluS
Progress update
  • Sad 1

Update:

Now I'm back to GW1612104 (downgraded with older app version, and setting wheel into bootloader move with power+clicking lift).@Seba, EUC World does not detect this state. 

Now it's stuck in transportation mode. Usual lift+5*power does not work

Playing with versions:

- GW1612106 states a MOSFET error and screen/lights misfunction. I claimed for warranty with screen capture and videos.

- GW1612104 works but stuck in transportation mode.

I cannot believe I fried main board (mother board or MOSFET board) with just a firmware update

Edited by RolluS
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, RolluS said:

Auxiliaries (lights, beep) are working, no balancing, Begode app shows "MOS1 error", EUC World does not connect.

13 hours ago, RolluS said:

@Seba, EUC World does not detect this state. 

Well, it might be that this "project" firmware has different communication protocol. Also, doesn't rely on Begode app showing "MOS1 error" as a reliable source of data. This app may just misinterpret unknown data received from the wheel.

11 hours ago, Seba said:

Well, it might be that this "project" firmware has different communication protocol. Also, doesn't rely on Begode app showing "MOS1 error" as a reliable source of data. This app may just misinterpret unknown data received from the wheel.

Yes that the case, the app doesn't recognize.

The state I was talking about is the bootloader mode: hold lift, power up, hold power click lift. At a moment the board goes in flashing mode, the bluetooth module waits for connection. EUC World connects but the wheel menu stays greeyed out

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2023 at 10:37 PM, RolluS said:

Yes that the case, the app doesn't recognize.

The state I was talking about is the bootloader mode: hold lift, power up, hold power click lift. At a moment the board goes in flashing mode, the bluetooth module waits for connection. EUC World connects but the wheel menu stays greeyed out

Tu peux injecter du code manuellement avec un câble et un pc.